Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
The East Stand needs to be the one that is discounted - I would suggest £15 a ticket and up to 250 mini season tickets for last 10 home games at £100 each = £10 a game

The view from East Stand is worse than South Stand and thus worth less to me

What doesn't help current gates is our highest ever gate at Withdean 7,999 I think against Southampton last year was an absolute crap performance by BHA when we lost 2-0 - a lot of the "missing generation" were there that day in the East Stand ( was sat there with them ) - and will have all thought sod this

If discounting East Stand tickets upsets East Stand season ticket holders - I would suggest they are given option of moving their season tickets to South Stand on a free of charge basis

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I dont think any STH would be upset. Its like when you go on holiday, you always get someone who has paid far less than you for the same holiday, but does it diminish your enjoyment of the holiday? No.

I paid my money up front and as far as I am concerned its gone....my only real thing will be given the current attendances and the ease at which you can get tickets, me and the brother in law are thinking very seriously about renewing our ST...as there is no real point and its costing me money in the long run.

Trouble is you only need about 1000 people who think like we do and the cash flow takes a serious hit!

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
On a slight divert to the overall theme of this thread. I witnessed first hand the 'peer pressure' or even bullying that goes on amongst kids as related to the teams they support.

I went to watch my 7 year old play football after school - whilst he was getting ready both he (in the stripes) and another lad in a Palace shirt were surrounded by 6 or 7 lads in Chelsea, Manu and Arsenal shirts taunting them mercilessly. I intervened by dragging them out and complaining to the PE teacher who stopped the nonsense and banned the bullying boys from playing for 10 minutes.

Why should my boy have to put up with because he wishes to be a little more unique than the sheep amongst us.

Makes my blood boil!!

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
That is not unique though. When we came back from South Africa and lived down in Wiltshire, I was the only Hudderfield Town fan ( obviously) and took tremendous stick on a daily basis from westerners who all supported Liverpool , Newcastle or Manchester United, including some beatings!

My only answer was in the summer when the cricket season came around, i used to try very hard to knock their heads off in the cricket nets.

When my mum and Dad were hauled into school after i had put one particularily nasty Liverpool fan in hospital with a fractured skull, i explained the abuse I used to get in the winter and this was the only way i could get back at them. He wasnt very sympathetic and I was banned from cricket nets if anyone was in there who didnt play for the school cricket team. lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Dave the Gaffer said:
That is not unique though. When we came back from South Africa and lived down in Wiltshire, I was the only Hudderfield Town fan ( obviously) and took tremendous stick on a daily basis from westerners who all supported Liverpool , Newcastle or Manchester United, including some beatings!

My only answer was in the summer when the cricket season came around, i used to try very hard to knock their heads off in the cricket nets.

When my mum and Dad were hauled into school after i had put one particularily nasty Liverpool fan in hospital with a fractured skull, i explained the abuse I used to get in the winter and this was the only way i could get back at them. He wasnt very sympathetic and I was banned from cricket nets if anyone was in there who didnt play for the school cricket team. lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Not wishing to comment on your age which is similar to mine but in them there days I can hardly believe that anyone apart form genuine geordies supported the toon. More like Leeds/Chelsea.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
this was out west!!....there was one Leeds fan and he was a psycho, so we kept well clear of him. Liverpool were the team most kids liked, and Newcastle had malcolm Mcdonald at the time.

I always assumed they would support Bristol City or Rovers, or Swindon, but it didnt appear to be the case.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Dumb-ass Yankee question, inspired by references to cold and wet, covered stands, etc.

Why does the British football season run August-April instead of, say, March-November.

Surely better weather = better gates...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
RexCathedra said:
Dumb-ass Yankee question, inspired by references to cold and wet, covered stands, etc.

Why does the British football season run August-April instead of, say, March-November.

Are you Sepp Blatter in disguise? :lolol:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
RexCathedra said:

In a word - Tradition. Football and Rugby are tradionally winter sports and cricket's the summer one. Rugby League has successfully switched to summer, although I'm not sure if it applies to all levels of the sport or just the super league.

I hope football doesn't switch to summer the same as I hope the NFL doesn't switch to summer. Surely the same weather argument applies? Surely somwwhere like Soldier Field is a more enticing prospect in June than in December?

Also we (England) would lose one excuse for being crap at international football. Currently we blame the weather and moan that the World Cup is played in the summer and we're not used to it ...

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Dave the Gaffer said:
I dont think any STH would be upset. Its like when you go on holiday, you always get someone who has paid far less than you for the same holiday, but does it diminish your enjoyment of the holiday? No.

I paid my money up front and as far as I am concerned its gone....my only real thing will be given the current attendances and the ease at which you can get tickets, me and the brother in law are thinking very seriously about renewing our ST...as there is no real point and its costing me money in the long run.

Trouble is you only need about 1000 people who think like we do and the cash flow takes a serious hit!

Whilst i will still buy a season ticket (saves hassling to buy one each game) I agree that there will be many who don't.

Trouble is that the extra seats being held up by John Catt arrived 10 months too late. Imagine those seats filled for the Leeds, Sunderland, west ham and Ipswich games when we stayed up rather than for the Luton and Southampton games last year.

hey ho, we can't change the clock on this. Perhaps if we draw with west ham and have an exciting replay then things will improve. In the meantime costs need to be reduced to attract I'm afraid.

The only issue is that for the swansea game I would have paid £30 to watch that, but for the Crewe game this year I wouldn't have chosen to pay a fiver.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Perry Milkins said:
On a slight divert to the overall theme of this thread. I witnessed first hand the 'peer pressure' or even bullying that goes on amongst kids as related to the teams they support.

I went to watch my 7 year old play football after school - whilst he was getting ready both he (in the stripes) and another lad in a Palace shirt were surrounded by 6 or 7 lads in Chelsea, Manu and Arsenal shirts taunting them mercilessly. I intervened by dragging them out and complaining to the PE teacher who stopped the nonsense and banned the bullying boys from playing for 10 minutes.

Why should my boy have to put up with because he wishes to be a little more unique than the sheep amongst us.

Makes my blood boil!!

VERY good point.

Sadly my nephew got such a hard time about supporting the Albion that he seems to have persuaded my sister to buy him a Chelsea top.

The peer pressure at 12/13 over football in Brighton is frightening

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
ROSM said:

The only issue is that for the swansea game I would have paid £30 to watch that, but for the Crewe game this year I wouldn't have chosen to pay a fiver.

which i think is the issue a lot of people have. in fact, I think someone mentioned it here that loads came to one of the big games last year, we were dicked and they havent been since.

Blackpool on telly also didnt help matters.

i try to say to people ( I have said it many times on the Phone in) to come along because you are missing some teriffic stuff played by talented youngsters who may not be here from January - the trouble is fans have to take the rough with the smooth, in that some games are going to be crap....but this year, they are far outweighed by some of the stuff we have seen.

Cox's 35 yarder was worth the entrance fee alone

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
ROSM said:

If I could have got both games for £35 then I would have gone...at £17.50 each seems quite reasonable!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here