Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Wanderer said:
Well, Dick Knight is supposed to be a Marketing Genius, so why can't he figure it out !!!

Perhaps his hands are tied? Lowering prices further would upset the STHs. We run at a loss anyway, so any further deficit would be potentially lethal to the club. The only real solution to our financial problems, unless crowds comeback, is to sell players to balance the books, which in itself will not help attract people back to Withdean. :nono:

Last edited:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
some people would of gone christmas shopping instead

fortunately, i save myself for the stress-induced marathon of doing that on christmas eve!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Scotty Mac said:
some people would of gone christmas shopping instead

fortunately, i save myself for the stress-induced marathon of doing that on christmas eve!

or dont buy present for anyone, by using the excuse ''if i bought you presents, then i couldnt afford food for 2 weeks, meaning id DIE"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Wanderer said:
Well, Dick Knight is supposed to be a Marketing Genius, so why can't he figure it out !!!
Good attitude. :rolleyes:

Similarly, you have enough wit and nous about you that you can switch your computer on unaided, so why don't you come up with an idea? You never know, it might make you feel good. Alternatively, should he HAVE to come with something? How about people come along off their own bat, without having to be spoonfed the concept of watching the Albion?

Points is, not only are you part of the problem, you are part of the solution, but instead you want to lie back and let someone else do the work, ostenisbly to point the finger and lay blame should it not work.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Gates are nearly ALWAYS utter bollocks just before Christmas. Always have been.

But the way THE KIDS are playing, the Yeovil game will see the "sold out" signs up. Then again, perhaps not. The real problem is that Albion are not allowed to benefit from potential walk-up trade because you can't pay on the day.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
What really pisses me off is the amount of people you see in the centre of brighton every saturday- if just a small percentage said 'f*** it lets watch some football' we'd be laughing.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
SJ's Love Monkey said:
Palace got their lowest league crowd of the season Saturday, just under 17,000 but there are many factors, obviously the ticket prices are way too high, time of year and the shit being served up on the pitch doesn't help!!!

:rolleyes: :D

How come they got bigger crowds before then?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
mejonaNO12 aka riskit said:
the atmosphere would be better if alot of the people who claim they dont go because of the atmosphere, actually went

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Don't moan - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yeoville attendance for the game will be interesting as the KO is 3 o/clock

It has already caused a problem in my house as KO as far as I can remember has always been 1 o/clock, which means that the evening festivities start at 3:30 ish, whereas after getting home we are talking 5:30 ish!

I have already been advised that a phone in appearance would not go down well at all:down:

I was very surprised at Saturday's attendance, although I reconed it would be lowish, I didnt expect it to be that lower than 6k. Especially as Cheltenham must have brought 150.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Large One said:
Good attitude. :rolleyes:

Similarly, you have enough wit and nous about you that you can switch your computer on unaided, so why don't you come up with an idea? You never know, it might make you feel good. Alternatively, should he HAVE to come with something? How about people come along off their own bat, without having to be spoonfed the concept of watching the Albion?

Points is, not only are you part of the problem, you are part of the solution, but instead you want to lie back and let someone else do the work, ostenisbly to point the finger and lay blame should it not work.

Blimey, who rattled your cage !

I was simply pointing out the fact that Dick's line of business is marketing, and as such, he has the ideal experience in how to present something to someone to make it more attractive, I on the other hand, am in IT, so it's not my area of expertise.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Dave the Gaffer said:
I was very surprised at Saturday's attendance, although I reconed it would be lowish, I didnt expect it to be that lower than 6k. Especially as Cheltenham must have brought 150.
But didn't you predict a crowd in the low 4000s? Was that a JOKE? :wave:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Simster said:
The real problem is that Albion are not allowed to benefit from potential walk-up trade because you can't pay on the day.
I thought you could pay on the day, just not on the gate. I saw something about it in the toilets on Saturday, I think it said that you can buy tickets until 30 minutes before kick-off. This could be bolox, of course.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Man of Harveys said:
But didn't you predict a crowd in the low 4000s? Was that a JOKE? :wave:

it was.....:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
It's got to that point now, where as a STH I would rather people came through the door, then be in the position to have to sell some of our players. I would quite happily accept having the prices reduced to get people through the turnstile. Even if it was £19, it's still not breaking that magical £20 barrier which puts a lot of people off.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Okay - maybe pick ONE match, say in January, or February, and everybody make a concerted and co-ordinated effort to try to get someone along to Withdean who doesn't normally go, and see if it has a noticable effect on the gate?

If a couple of hundred people on here all managed to persuade two extra people to come along, that would be an extra four hundred on the attendence for that game.

Okay - not the end to all our problems, but a start? And some of those people might even come back to another game, or even persuade others to come along too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here