Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Ashes Test 07.08.09 to 11.08.09

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Morning Piers. So just because I'm looking more and more right on Bopara with every innings (or six balls, it's the same thing for him) you're having to find something else to disagree with I see. Not that I can see what's wrong with my post. England are batting like mentalists.

England are batting poorly, no question.

However as ever you are taking a sensationalist view on matters to cover your lack of knowledge.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't care what Ponting said about batting first if he'd won the toss, I still think Strauss makes too many fuckwitted decisions in his captaincy.

And make no mistake, this decision to bat first rivals the very worst of them.

Still looking on the bright side, we will be bowling today in the good bowling conditions

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
150 from this position will be considered a recovery. High class Austrailian bowling, to which we seem to have no answers. The selection looked flawed from the off today, our middle order is weak so the extra batter should have been selected.

Austrailia to win by Sunday evening:down:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lack of knowledge on what?

As far as I can see, I've only commented on Bopara and Bell, both of whom I'm more than familiar with thankyou.

Of course you are. Bopara fine, Bell’s average suggests otherwise and again I doubt you will come up with valid alternatives, but then that actually requires knowing what players are out there, rather than making one line sensationalist comments, which granted is your well know style.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
shit......I blame you southerners.

we need more Yorkshiremen in the side...Bresnan and Rashid.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
shit f*** toss what a disaster today is why do we have to have a test match in a shit place like Leeds

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Well we ARE into the tail now and WHAT a f***ing shambles of a morning!

Full marks to the Aussies for bowling well, though.

To be honest, once I heard last night that Freddie was f***ed for this test I knew it would be 1-1 going to The Oval. That collapse in the Windies exposed how brittle our batting is, and 1 ton to their 6 in this series confirms that.

Hopefully Matt Prior will show a bit of Sussex bulldog spirit.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
You never know, this test may yet be remembered in folklore as 'Harmisons Ashes'........?!
:whistle:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I reckon a Aussie victory here sets it all up quite nicely. That's IF they can get Freddie fit of course.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here