Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Ashes Test 07.08.09 to 11.08.09

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So why couldn't our so called batsmen do this?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Time for the cucumber sarnies.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So why couldn't our so called batsmen do this?

because essentially, these are in the team for their bowling and so anything they get wafting the bat is a bonus. They can bat without worry while the likes of Bell,Bopara,Collywobble can stare down at their boots and worry.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Good win for us, have to say though Ricky is looking a like he's lost his spark, and the rest of the team are looking like they've still got training wheels on....

I think we've got a few years before we'll be back to full strength again, think the Australian selectors left the "old boys" at the top for too long and we're now paying the price of a less than seamless transition to the new younger models...

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
For what its worth I think Bopara needs to either be moved down the order or replaced for a while, you have to have someone scoring at 3, its often a pivotal wicket...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
because essentially, these are in the team for their bowling and so anything they get wafting the bat is a bonus. They can bat without worry while the likes of Bell,Bopara,Collywobble can stare down at their boots and worry.

I see. I thought it was because they were crap.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here