Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Ashes Test 07.08.09 to 11.08.09

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
that was out, but the umpire has the final word!

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I agree Simster, Ponting's captaincy is, as the Aussie's say, "pretty ordinary".

I just can't understand why we batted first. ALL of the pundits agreed beforehand that its tough to take 20 wickets here so why not BOWL under the cloud cover and give us the maximum time to GET those 20 wickets.

Not so long ago Strauss was 4th choice in the captaincy pecking order behind Vaughan, Flintoff and Pietersen and now we see why that was.

Strauss is a top class batsman - there's no doubt about that - I just wish he had the captaincy ability of another former Middlesex opener and England captain - one Mike Brearley.

There is not alot you can do as a Captain if the bowlers are bowling so poorly. You are on a hiding to nothing. He needed 15 fielders out there to stop the runs.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I agree with your sentiment but am not convinced Ponting would have done anything different. His captaincy really isn't much better than Strauss's.

Of course, it was blindingly obvious to the rest of us, what with a f***ing great CLOUD over the pitch early on, and a forecast of blue skies for the weekend.

honestly simster mate do you not reckon he is having a beer on strauss right now.

he may not be all that but f***ing hell he would have had most of Prison Island on his case if he had not elected to field had he won it.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Good grief this is shite isn't it. Thank God the footy season starts today.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The England players performance is an absolute disgrace and they are supposedly the best we have. My prediction is that we will lose by an innings and 50+ and wil be all over at lunch time on Monday.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Oh my god I actually can't believe what a f***ing retarded useless disgrace to this country that prick Bopara is. Out FIRST ball when we're trying to hold on. If someone shot him dead I'd f***ing applaud.

you really are a retard

It hit his f***ing bat you wanker.

if you are going to make shit postings at least try to make an effort to know the f***ing rules

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Two insults in one post. Should you not be banned for this abuse of another member?

I do know the rules, and it may have hit his bat first, but why has he even given the umpire the chance to give him out? Because he's f***ing dog shit. And to be fair to the umpire, it looked 100% out in normal speed anyway. Ravi's GOT to go.

What part of the words " IF IT HITS THE BAT IT CANNOT BE OUT LBW" do you not understand you big mouthed cock joggling thundercuntish irritating fuckwit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here