Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Ashes Test 07.08.09 to 11.08.09

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Keep one end tight, let GBH do the biz from the other.

I see Onions is heeding your advice, just the 17 from his first over...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I see Onions is heeding your advice, just the 17 from his first over...

_42544091_galfiveap.jpg

what

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Harmison to Ponting, 1 run, oh dear! Huge run-out chance missed there by Ian Bell! Ponting prods to cover and takes off for a single, but it's misjudged and Ponting had given up on making it as Bell's throw bounced over the stumps. Ponting was about three metres out there. Enormous chance missed.

Yeah, because that's ALL we need.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Just think how f***ed we'd be if Prior hadn't been able to play, they'd be past our score already

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Erm, I haven't checked yet, please tell me we didn't get bowled out for 102 ?!

:US:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What really irritated me was when 7 or 8 down the camera showed Strauss on the players balcony, feet on railings, laughing. I only played local level cricket and if we batted like that especially in a league game, we dare not look the captain in the eye let alone share a joke. The captain would of had steam coming out his ears, nose and every where else but Strauss some how found it all funny. And when bowling, if the shit was dealt up like Englands the captain would be bollocking the bowling. Strauss applauds any ball thats not hit for 4. I do wonder if any of our bowlers have any idea about tactics. They sat and watched the Aussies bowl us out by bowling up to and beyond a length, so what do we do, short and wide, FFS. Perhaps its our tactics because we have been doing it all summer. I'm just glad I can turn over and watch something else, feel sorry for those who have bought tickets.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
What really irritated me was when 7 or 8 down the camera showed Strauss on the players balcony, feet on railings, laughing. I only played local level cricket and if we batted like that especially in a league game, we dare not look the captain in the eye let alone share a joke. The captain would of had steam coming out his ears, nose and every where else but Strauss some how found it all funny. And when bowling, if the shit was dealt up like Englands the captain would be bollocking the bowling. Strauss applauds any ball thats not hit for 4. I do wonder if any of our bowlers have any idea about tactics. They sat and watched the Aussies bowl us out by bowling up to and beyond a length, so what do we do, short and wide, FFS. Perhaps its our tactics because we have been doing it all summer. I'm just glad I can turn over and watch something else, feel sorry for those who have bought tickets.

Completely agree with you. Could not believe how all the England team on the balcony seemed to be having a good time. As for our bowling. What is the point of a bowling coach if we keep bowling like idiots. Make the batsman play for goodness sake and bowl a decent length.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
the problem with England is that players like collingwood and cook and broad and anderson know they will never get dropped.....

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Team for The Oval:

Strauss
Trescothick
Ramprakash
Joyce
Collingwood
Prior
Flintoff
Luke Wright
Swann