Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4th Ashes Test 07.08.09 to 11.08.09

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've been settled into our seats for the last half an hour and you're the cyber equivalent of the bloke we've got to stand up for to let past...

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here
with strauss gone cheaply, that batting lineup looks thinner than Kate Moss.

time for a couple of match winning innings from Bopara and Bell.

oh dear...

edit: yeah, thanks. nice one Ravi.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Anyone hazard a guess at to which will be over first - this test or Ronnie Biggs?

I say this test.

Looks like I made a good call. Ronnie's hanging in there on the drip...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pity it did not have the cricket ball againest the other thread may have f***ing spotted it then :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oh for god's sake, Wozza moaned it wasn't "an exciting enough title" for him and now I forgot the bloody cricket ball, well sod the lot of you :salute:

:flounce:

:jester:

Edit: oooooh we've been merged now

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Whart a batspastic Borpara is, even the tail enders last longer then him

I guess the commentators will say it was the best ball ever delivered in test match history
Only the Essex goons.

People will always prattle on about his 3 centuries but forget that they were scored against a crap Windies side and that Bopara is actually a total badflid.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cricinfo quality:

Siddle to Cook, 1 run, prods forward onto the front foot and steals a single. Nicely done

It's chwenny chew for chew. Where's Richie?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why are England playing such risky shots? :nono:

Seems like the perfect time to recall El Pres's fine quote: England's batting is more brittle than a wankers hankie.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm coming around to your way of thinking. He's certainly not up to playing against the Aussies, India or S Africa IMO.

I've always advocated Ed Joyce but I suspect Trott will come in for Bopara at the Oval.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Why are England playing such risky shots? :nono:

Andy Zaltzman wonders: "How high up the list of Worst England Shots do you put Bopara's effort today?" It's definitely up there. If we were comparing it to a film, I'd suggest Clueless

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Sounds like we are going to lose a wicket soon

1151 - 33-2 That's streakier than a bag of Frazzles from Bell, reaching for one and the ball flying over the slip cordon and away for four. Johnson the bowler, and that's a pretty good lbw shout against Bell, playing across the line, but it was going down leg. Have a word with yourself Belly - the Warwickshire man swipes at a ball about three feet outside off and is beaten again. Hmmm...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here