Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 points off the relegation zone

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Dandyman said:
Congratulations. For a person with an outstanding record of cretinous drivel that is easily the stupidist, most blinkered bullshit I seen posted yet.

Congratulations to you for the best reply of the day:clap:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
We would be in the same situation whoever was in charge the only thing that has changed is the style of football.

With a very young team and inexperienced team will are always going to struggle.

If we get dragged down into a relegation scrap have these kids got the gritt and strength to pull themselves out of it?

I think mid-table would be a very good acheivement this season and the coaching and playing staff would have done very well!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Big big games coming up

Millwall and Rotherham home anything less than 6 points and i can see us going into freefall.

If we go behind at home to Millwall that will be it - the Withers crowd will be on the lads backs like a shot.

Last edited:

E

enigma

While I think we are good enough to stay up in terms of ability, it's important to remember that we have a young team, and a lot of them aren't used to this sort of pressure.

However, I think it's just a case of us being in a bad patch of form. Wilkins does not deserve to be sacked, anymore than he would have deserved a contract extension when we were playing well earlier in the season.

I reckon we'll finish somewhere between 13th and 18th.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Ernest said:
He needed a wise old head like Dave Merrington

Does anyone remember when Dave Merrington used to get linked with the Albion job all the time in the mid-1990s?

bur_045_dave_merrington.JPG

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dandyman said:
Congratulations. For a person with an outstanding record of cretinous drivel that is easily the stupidist, most blinkered bullshit I seen posted yet.

With respect the football at home under Wilkins has been woeful and if you think otherwise I wish I lived in your world.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
The mess we are in is because your so called saviour Mark McGhee ripped the heart out of the team. He had the teams morale at rock bottom and we still haven't recovered from this. Wilkins is still trying to mould a squad from the utter f***ing shambles that the dour Scot left him with.

That is so absurd as to make Dandyman seem an intelligent person. We were close to 9 points out of 9 and 2 of the 3 games we lost before he was sacked was Notts Forest and Bristol City away both in the top 3. McGhee loses 3 in a row and is sacked and Wilkins loses 5 in a row twice and Dandyman writes stuff that makes his usual cretinous drivel almost seem intelligent

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
If we were four points off the play-offs you would say we were part of the race for the play offs. Unfortunately we are four points above the relegation places so I think that means we are already involved in a relegation battle.

If we can't do better than we did against Yeovil and Carlisle I think it's going to be a very long winter.

I hope we win at Bristol City simply to get some confidence back.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
With respect the football at home under Wilkins has been woeful and if you think otherwise I wish I lived in your world.
McGhee wasn't sacked because 'he lost three in a row'. That is a dreadful re-writing of history. McGhee was sacked for a whole host of reasons. You have spent an entire thread slagging off the current manager, with some confident predictions that you would so dearly love to come true to satisfy yourself.

It's hard to have a debate with you because you are so extreme and so absolute in your disgust and contempt for Dean Wilkins, yet offer no alternatives. The opinions contained within your posts are (should they be carried out in real life) chaotic and destructive, yet with so little evidence aside from your opinion based on, um, your contempt for Dean Wilkins. It's impossible to know where to start with so many of your statements. All you can say is that we are woeful, and that we are going down with such triumphalist glee in a manner which is neither constructive nor supportive.

To have a debate on the relative or absolute merits of Dean Wilkins on the grounds that you want is fundamentally pointless as they are separate from the real agenda you appear to want to post.

The rest of us, meanwhile, have moved on from Mark McGhee's departure.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Not quite sure how i missed this thread.

Interesting one - particularly the point about how his interview skills seem to eclipse his management ability.

We're in real trouble now. If we don't win against either Bristol or Millwall i think he'll find himself under a fair bit of pressure. But he won't get sacked. He'll be given January to make signings to save our season. And naturally, we probably won't make them. Doubt DK will be able to play the 'the money was there if he wanted it' card this time.

This is not the first losing streak we've had under Wilkins and i suspect it won't be the last - i'm not overly convinced that he knows how to make a dressing room 'bounce back'. But he's got some new ideas, he's got the transfer window to make a difference - let's just hope he does that! We've had some good wins, lets hope we can make those a majority.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Biscuit said:
You wait till we win 3 on the trot and everyone goes on about play offs... :yawn:

Let's just hope that happens eh? Because right now, it's hard to see us winning one game, let alone 3!:)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
Let's just hope that happens eh? Because right now, it's hard to see us winning one game, let alone 3!:)
We said that after the Blackpool game.

That's the point about Brighton this season, we're consistently inconsistent, gaining unlikely wins, and suffering unlikely defeats.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The Large One said:
We said that after the Blackpool game.

That's the point about Brighton this season, we're consistently inconsistent, gaining unlikely wins, and suffering unlikely defeats.

That's true. Although we did have some handy morale-boosting cup ties against lower league opposition.

Still, i think it's a bit early to worry. As you say, we're more than capable of changing the situation quite quickly. But should we move into the relegation zone, then is the time to worry.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Withdean Wanderer said:
Still, i think it's a bit early to worry. As you say, we're more than capable of changing the situation quite quickly. But should we move into the relegation zone, then is the time to worry.
True, but I'll worry about it then. But not right now by screaming it from the highest roof tops as though it were a hopeful agenda-laden prediction that the Prince of Darkness was in town.

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Uncle Spielberg said:

I have never been a fan

Hmmm... Yes... Errr.... No, I'm not going to bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here