Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 points off the relegation zone

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SJ's Love Monkey said:
They have picked up a bit of late coinciding with the return of Darren Byfield from injury.

Could be another tough game.
Much as I hate agreeing with a Palace fan, I agree.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Relegation battle

Chesterfield 26-31 lost 11
Brighton 26-31, lost 13
Huddersfield 27-31, lost 10
Crewe 25-29, lost 12
Northampton 26-29, lost 9
Bournemouth 27-28, lost 11
Millwall 25-27, lost 12
Orient 26-27, lost 11
Rotherham 26-24 (34), lost 10
Cheltenham 26-24, lost 16
Brentford 27-21, lost 14

Make no mistake we are serious relegation candidates we would be 1 place lower if Rotherham not had 10 points deducted, only 2 teams, last and second last, have lost amore games than us and only 1 team has let in more goals at home all season by 1

Uncle Spielberg said:
you need at least 70 points , if not 75 to make the top 6, we have 31 points from 26 games, so we need 39-44 points from 20 games to make the play offs, thats championship form for 20 games just to get to 6th

We also need at least 21 points to avoid relegation-last 3 seasons, teams were relegated with 50, 51 and 5o points. We have 20 games left so need an average of 1 point per game from now until the end of the season. Our points per game average since 04 Nov is ONE.

Relegation battles are won or lost at this stage of the season-not the last weeks of the campaign. We need some help-plain and simple.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I cannot believe people cannot see the shite Wilkins has got us into and we are now serious relegation candidates and we even had a thread from Aid saying how wonderful Wilkins is today :shootself ,

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE :angry:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Wilkins will say

" we were too good to go down "

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Nemesis said:

I rather be fickle than FICK!

:lolol: That was funny.

There are never many points seperating the top and bottom of this league, in comparison to the other three leagues.

We need some experienced players in fast or we may well be kicking ourselves come May. It is no surprise that Robinson/Revell/Cox/Lynch and others have lost some form. Youngsters are bound to be inconsistent.

We need a few players of the Paul Reid sort of age and fast!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It is a long time since we didn't get any points at all over Christmas.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
we have another Hinshelwood scenario on our hands, I hope Dick acts before its too late

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Uncle Spielberg said:
we have another Hinshelwood scenario on our hands, I hope Dick acts before its too late
Maybe Dick is the problem US, there is only so many times he can roll out the manager card to save his own skin.

I usually try and stay positive about The Albion but our current position, form and poor performances have me more than a little concerned.

Where are we going to get 21 points from our remaining games based on current form?

Sat 13 15:00 H Millwall FL1
Sat 20 15:00 A Chesterfield FL1
Sat 27 15:00 H Port Vale FL1
February
Sat 3 15:00 H Rotherham FL1
Sat 10 15:00 A Brentford FL1
Sat 17 15:00 H Nottm Forest FL1
Tue 20 19:45 A Gillingham FL1
Sat 24 15:00 H Bristol City FL1
March
Sat 3 15:00 A Crewe FL1
Sat 10 15:00 A Blackpool FL1
Sat 17 15:00 H Scunthorpe FL1
Sat 24 15:00 H Huddersfield FL1
Sat 31 15:00 A Northampton FL1
April
Sat 7 15:00 H Doncaster FL1
Mon 9 15:00 A Tranmere FL1
Sat 14 15:00 H Bradford City FL1
Sat 21 15:00 A Swansea City FL1
Sat 28 15:00 H Oldham FL1
May
Sat 5 15:00 A Cheltenham

That's our final 20 games.....

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Should have another 6 points before jan is out Millwall and Portvale at home are 3 pointers easy - may even get a point at Chesterfield

Should beat Rotherham at home first match in feb aswell - they have lost form at the moment.

I wouldn't panic yet.

Last edited:

Goring Gull said:
Should have another 6 points before jan is out Millwall and Portvale at home are 3 pointers easy - may even get a point at Chesterfield

Should beat Rotherham at home first match in feb aswell - they have lost form at the moment.

I wouldn't panic yet.

Too late I'm afraid-panic has already set in and here's why:

Since DW took over he has been in charge for 20 games and we've only managed 26 points. We are in the bottom 4 on current form and our current form is SHIT.

When exactly IS it time to be concerned?

Still, he is doing a great job so I shouldn't really worry.....

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
I cannot believe people cannot see the shite Wilkins has got us into and we are now serious relegation candidates and we even had a thread from Aid saying how wonderful Wilkins is today :shootself ,

The mess we are in is because your so called saviour Mark McGhee ripped the heart out of the team. He had the teams morale at rock bottom and we still haven't recovered from this. Wilkins is still trying to mould a squad from the utter f***ing shambles that the dour Scot left him with.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo said:
The mess we are in is because your so called saviour Mark McGhee ripped the heart out of the team. He had the teams morale at rock bottom and we still haven't recovered from this. Wilkins is still trying to mould a squad from the utter f***ing shambles that the dour Scot left him with.
I will respectfully disagree with you. We had better results in August than we've had recently and Wilkins has had 4 months now to stamp his own authority. Managers have turned teams around in less time than that.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

"McGhee ripped the heart out of the team" :bla: :bla: :bla:

This is WILKINS' team and the buck stops with him.

Lose to Millwall on saturday and DK really needs to be looking for available managers.

Last edited:

So 20 League games isn't enough to lift the team's morale? Morale that had as much to do with complete and utter COCKS like Leon Shite and CKR as it did with McGhee.

I initially thought that the change was right-still do-but I'm not happy with the way things are going right now. We are in serious danger of changing divisions again and that will do our Falmer bid no favours at all and THAT is of utmost importance.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Nemesis said:
Too late I'm afraid-panic has already set in and here's why:

Since DW took over he has been in charge for 20 games and we've only managed 26 points. We are in the bottom 4 on current form and our current form is SHIT.

When exactly IS it time to be concerned?

Still, he is doing a great job so I shouldn't really worry.....

You forget there are also some very poor teams below they still have to catch us. Don't panic till end of Feb even then it's not over till the fat lady sings.

Thing is Wilkins isn't really a manager but you have to start somewhere.

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Uncle Spielberg said:

If your that confident we are in the shit then arrange to meet me and i'll have a £50 bet with you that we will stay up and Wilkins will be offered a new contract in the summer.Wheather he excepts it or not is a different matter

Dandyman

In London village.
Uncle Spielberg said:
I think the club is in the worst position playing wiese it has been since we came back to the Shitedeanand the football on offer is certainly the worse in the 8 years based on the cack standard at this level all round

If we lose Saturday Wilkins should go imho

Congratulations. For a person with an outstanding record of cretinous drivel that is easily the stupidist, most blinkered bullshit I seen posted yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here