Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 points off the relegation zone

D

Deleted member 2719

The Large One said:
McGhee wasn't sacked because 'he lost three in a row'. That is a dreadful re-writing of history. McGhee was sacked for a whole host of reasons. You have spent an entire thread slagging off the current manager, with some confident predictions that you would so dearly love to come true to satisfy yourself.

It's hard to have a debate with you because you are so extreme and so absolute in your disgust and contempt for Dean Wilkins, yet offer no alternatives. The opinions contained within your posts are (should they be carried out in real life) chaotic and destructive, yet with so little evidence aside from your opinion based on, um, your contempt for Dean Wilkins. It's impossible to know where to start with so many of your statements. All you can say is that we are woeful, and that we are going down with such triumphalist glee in a manner which is neither constructive nor supportive.

To have a debate on the relative or absolute merits of Dean Wilkins on the grounds that you want is fundamentally pointless as they are separate from the real agenda you appear to want to post.

The rest of us, meanwhile, have moved on from Mark McGhee's departure.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I may not agree with alot of things you have posted in the past but one thing a i will not take away from you is you are passionate and support the Albion wholeheartedly.

Wilkins and his Babes will improve maybe not as quick as some would like and if we can add a few of older heads to the squad we will be fine.

I just looked up Negative in the Dictionary and it said "like Uncle Spielberg".

:)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For the record I have supported Albion for 34 years , man and boy, I saw Ward and Mellor in 1977 in div 3 saw their rise to the top league through Clough, Taylor, Mullery, saw 4 seasons of top league football and every game in the FA Cup Final run except Newcastle away, supported them through the ups and downs of the 80's and 90's and have had 8 x 2 season tickets at Withdean since we came back buying countless shirts etc, pumped thousands of pounds into the club and put a lot of money into the fighting fund.

I want BHAFC to be top of the premiership, I want them to win the FA Cup , I want the best for the club and supporters. its totally unrealsitic I know but I do not want BHAFC to be in div 4 next season, I do not think Dean is the right man long term, he is great as youth manager and no 2 which is the perfect set up we already had.

It seems ironic certain people cannot accept the level of criticism I give Wilkins is no worse than the abuse they gave McGhee but it seems that was ok.

Call me negative, call me a c*nt but never doubt my love for BHAFC and if Alan honestly thinks I will be happy if we go down his personal agenda against me is complete.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
Call me negative, call me a c*nt but never doubt my love for BHAFC and if Alan honestly thinks I will be happy if we go down his personal agenda against me is complete.
I have no personal agenda against you - you would be wrong to think that there is. I honestly don't spend enough time thinking about you to form an agenda.

However, I could quite easily argue that it's you who has one against me. Twice now on this thread you have specifically mentioned me in the third person (as opposed to addressing me directly) as a source of antagonism in your crusade against Dean Wilkins. So go ahead and make your spurious claims, I am really not that concerned. It's your problem, Gareth. Don't even think of trying to make it mine.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
TLO why was it acceptable to McGhee to get such unwarranted abuse but Wilkins is wrapped in cotton wool and can do no wrong with you especially with the stats against him, why , I cannot understand

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
TLO why was it acceptable to McGhee to get such unwarranted abuse but Wilkins is wrapped in cotton wool and can do no wrong with you especially with the stats against him, why , I cannot understand
It wasn't acceptable for McGhee to get that abuse. The vast majority of it was completely out of order.

Find me one post where I abuse McGhee, and I will apologise to you.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Time, gentlemen please.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was speaking generally, I just do not see the club is better off now, infact it is much worse off with a winter battling against relegation, I think the whole Falmer thing, 8 years at Withdean and the general decline in the club and players has got to me now. All the other people I used to go to the games can't be bothered now so I am the last of a dying breed of 5 people who wanted to go, I love DK very much and he is the 1st / 2nd greatest chairman this club has ever had but the disposable nature of being a sth when the 1 big game as year comes by when a person who has gove once is in the same queue as someone who has brought 2 st's for 8 years and the fact you can pick up a ticket now for less than face value means I will pick and chose next year, thats if I can find anyone who wants to go

le ros bif

Jan 3, 2007
sw france
Come on now boys,untwist your knickers and realise tha US is right....I've probably supported the team for as long if not longer and can see nothing but pain ahead. The club as a whole is on freefall and has been ever since the sale of the Goldstone.
Opposing clubs have no fear of coming to Brighton cemetry that goes under the name of Withdean,because they know they will only play there once in a season,whereas our boys play there every other week(obviously!)
I would say that the babysitter needs help in the shape of an experienced manager/coach,other than Dean White,who in my opinion is turning into the new Bob Brooker (what exactly does he do?).
I would suggest someone short-term to get us out of the mire,like Joe Kinnear or Dave Bassett (who might know of players over the age of 20 !)
Also,why the bloody hell are we going to Bristol tomorrow for a stupid tin pot cup game,which at either end of the table neither club wants....heaven forbid a red card tomorrow and a suspension on Saturday!!!!:clap2:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We've already got a suspension for Saturday.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
times change, at least your stand that I am always critical of wilkins has been shot down in flames, I am harsh but fair but its time for him to say Adios :wave:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
times change, at least your stand that I am always critical of wilkins has been shot down in flames, I am harsh but fair but its time for him to say Adios :wave:
Stop misquoting me.

It's about the third or fourth time you've either misquoted me or misrepresented me on this thread. I would much rather you packed that sort of behaviour in. I said you have an agenda against him. Find the post where I have said you ALWAYS despised Wilkins.

As for you...
Harsh? Definitely
Fair? Give over

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
Or to put in another way: your opinion blows with the wind.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you take great pleasure in getting McGhee sacked Piers

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
And you alone UB

How Very Dare You

howverydareyou.jpg

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
If Wilkins gets sacked it will be your fault Gubber.

Yes my fault alone Piers , pot kettle black :rolleyes:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
Yeah as it was me that got him sacked.

You ask about Dandyman's world, well yours seems even more stranger, do we need to consume a selection of mushrooms and apply for a visa to visit?

I take that as an insult to my partner who because she is Malayian you think she came over on the last boat you stupid rascist. she has lived in the UK for 27 years and has brought up 2 kids in Brighton who are now 15 and 16, but because she is oriental you bang on and on about the " Thai Bride " thing, f***ing grow up rascist

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here