Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4 points off the relegation zone

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Uncle Spielberg said:
or is it because you cannot back it up with facts, just blind inexplainable faith
No, today I am busy in the shop and cannot be arsed. I can back up my opinions with finer and more intricate detail than the overly-facile 'we're 4 points off the relegation zone'.

Tomorrow is a different day, and I may be tempted to rip a new snothole off someone. Who knows?

:)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Biscuit said:
I think you miss my point.

There are 3 teams on 31 points (inc us), 2 on 34, and 3 on 39. Seeing as we are looking to be midtable we would aim to be on 34 points at this stage, currently 3 points less than we currently have. Bear in mind how tight the league is and I don't think thats much at all.

Look at the bigger picture.

UC, do you want to comment on this? I'm interested in what you have to say on it.

Goring Gull said:
But HOW will we lose to Millwall at home? they are crap

If you need to ask that question you clearly haven't seen us this season because, frankly, we too are crap. Our current league position would suggest the same as does our goals against record at home. And our inability to score goals.

Unless we get some players in we are in for another relegation battle and kids won't be much good in that situation.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think the club is in the worst position playing wiese it has been since we came back to the Shitedeanand the football on offer is certainly the worse in the 8 years based on the cack standard at this level all round

If we lose Saturday Wilkins should go imho

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Ernest said:
Wilkins is and never was the answer especially with the CALIBRE or not of his back up team.
He needed a wise old head like Dave Merrington alongside him and not Dean 'Yes Boss' White doing a Phil Neal :angry: :angry: :angry:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Biscuit said:
I think you miss my point.

There are 3 teams on 31 points (inc us), 2 on 34, and 3 on 39. Seeing as we are looking to be midtable we would aim to be on 34 points at this stage, currently 3 points less than we currently have. Bear in mind how tight the league is and I don't think thats much at all.

Look at the bigger picture.

The big picture says that we are the team on a 4 game (league) losing streak. Granted this is as good a time as any to go into a slump (we are getting good at it though seeing as this is already our second one) because we have time to pick up points. Unfortunately, the way things are going again I can see us in the bottom four within a couple of weeks.

Nemesis said:

Unless we get some players in we are in for another relegation battle and kids won't be much good in that situation.

Sorry to quote myself...

Being only 4 points out of the relegation zone means we are ALREADY in a relegation battle. Yes! Even at this stage of the season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
we are now one of the teams fighting against relegation, thats the harsh facts

Wilkins will take us to Div 4 I honestly think there is a good chance, clueless

1066gull

Uncle Spielberg said:
we are now one of the teams fighting against relegation, thats the harsh facts

Wilkins will take us to Div 4 I honestly think there is a good chance, clueless
Thats us staying up then:lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
;)

Adriodinho said:
And the unbeaten run that made us 3 points off the play-offs :blahblah:

Fickle:rolleyes:

Do you know anything about anything? How long ago were we 3 points off a play off SPOT?

I rather be fickle than FICK!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
anyway who gives us shite about how many points we were off a play off, now is what matters and we are 11 points off a play and 4 points off relegation and in the serious brown stuff

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
you need at least 70 points , if not 75 to make the top 6, we have 31 points from 26 games, so we need 39-44 points from 20 games to make the play offs, thats championship form for 20 games just to get to 6th

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Chesterfield 1-2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here