Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd rd draw - (H) man city

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
So you reckon they are going to field a strong side knowing that we will put out our best squad who will be right up for it? Commited tackles etc? I very much doubt it.They don't have enough depth to take all competitions seriously.

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
It seems it's going to be the week of the 22nd by the sounds of it.

That it FANTASTIC news for me, i am away for the beginning of September which meant that i would have missed it and as i am a season ticket holder, pretty much guarrenteed a ticket:yahoo::yahoo::albion2::albion2:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
tbh i think they wud say its abit of a micky mouse cup n wud put out a weak team because they will consentrate more on europe than a league cup

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
i hope the club will repay the true fans who attended the game last night at withdean.. by giving us first priority..

but knowing brighton they wont as they dont really care about the fans

I'd like to think they would but you just know they wont, Mind you if they did it would be a double blow for the people who never got given they're tickets last night because they would'nt have a ticket stub as proof.

Sorry, but on what planet do you think someone who may only have gone to the Barnet game for their first ever BHA match (it is a possibility) should get priority over people who have stumped up for a ST. There will always be complaints about allocations but STH's come first as, in the case of many of us, we stump up our money before the end of the previous season, even if the club have faced relegation as they have done several times in the last 8 years.

I hold my hand up as I didn't go last night but have been to plenty of 1st round matches before.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
13th sept Chelsea h
18th UEFA n
21st Pompey H
23/24 Brighton ? A
28th Wigan A

No chance Tom they will put out a strong side with those fixtures.Players won't have enough rest time.Expect a team half full with kids.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Sorry, but on what planet do you think someone who may only have gone to the Barnet game for their first ever BHA match (it is a possibility) should get priority over people who have stumped up for a ST. There will always be complaints about allocations but STH's come first as, in the case of many of us, we stump up our money before the end of the previous season, even if the club have faced relegation as they have done several times in the last 8 years.

I hold my hand up as I didn't go last night but have been to plenty of 1st round matches before.

Oh f***ing hell... here we go....

How many games are we into the season now - 2? And ALREADY there are people moaning about ticket allocation!!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Last season, they played twice against lower league opposition in this competition (Bristol City and Norwich). These were their starting line-ups:

Manchester City:
Hart, Logan, Corluka, Onuoha, Ball, Ireland, Sun, Fernandes, Geovanni (Dabo 83), Mpenza, Bianchi (Dickov 89).

City:Hart, Logan, Dunne, Onuoha, Ball, Sun, Fernandes (Etuhu 67), Ireland, Geovanni (Evans 79), Bianchi, Samaras.

Looks pretty "first-team" to me:thumbsup:

No europe or fixture pile up.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Last season, they played twice against lower league opposition in this competition (Bristol City and Norwich). These were their starting line-ups:

Manchester City:
Hart, Logan, Corluka, Onuoha, Ball, Ireland, Sun, Fernandes, Geovanni (Dabo 83), Mpenza, Bianchi (Dickov 89).

City:Hart, Logan, Dunne, Onuoha, Ball, Sun, Fernandes (Etuhu 67), Ireland, Geovanni (Evans 79), Bianchi, Samaras.

Looks pretty "first-team" to me:thumbsup:

Fair point. But different managers now. What about Blackburn last year?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
In between a mad week of UEFA Cup and Premiership ties...

07/08 vs Birmingham: Friedel ,Emerton ,Samba ,Ooijer ,Olsson (Warnock ,78 ) ,Dunn ,Mokoena ,Tugay ,Bentley ,Roberts (Santa Cruz ,54 ) ,Derbyshire (Rigters ,83)

06/07 vs Chelsea: Friedel ,Emerton ,Khizanishvili ,Henchoz ,Neill ,Bentley ,McEveley ,Mokoena ,Pedersen (Peter ,49 ) ,McCarthy (Jeffers ,86 ) ,Nonda (Roberts ,56)

Obviously the standard of opposition varies somewhat :jester:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Not sure that a different manager means a change in attitude. Sven knew that if Man City were going to win a cup it would be this one, and Mark Hughes will know exactly the same. They will NOT risk going out early in the ONLY competition they can win. And what about Blackburn last year? What have they got to do with anything?!!

To see Mark Hughes' attitude to the competition. While it may be their only realistic chance of silverware, they may still prefer to remain in Europe and in touch with European places in the Prem. than reaching the third round of the Carling Cup.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
1988/1989
English Division 2 (old) Brighton & Hove Albion 2-1 Manchester City 01-04-1989
English Division 2 (old) Manchester City 2-1 Brighton & Hove Albion 17-09-1988

1984/1985

English Division 2 (old) Manchester City 2-0 Brighton & Hove Albion 23-02-1985
English Division 2 (old) Brighton & Hove Albion 0-0 Manchester City 03-11-1984

1983/1984

English Division 2 (old) Brighton & Hove Albion 1-1 Manchester City 10-03-1984