Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

2nd rd draw - (H) man city

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I am gutted that I'll miss it as I'll be back at work. Will my stub for the Barnet game be in demand?

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Really pleased that you got a good draw,just had a big row/discussion about watching the game with a few mates all of whom are arsenal fans,my point was that none of us had any right to watch the game,and they didnt see eye to eye with me, i know it would never work but an on the spot exam about Brightons recent history for every person that buys a ticket would sort the wheat from the chaff. I really hope all the tickets go to people who deserve them(i got f***ed over on a c/l final ticket-and had to bunk in).

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Easy way to guarantee a ticket. BUY A SEASON TICKET!
Seriously, the club should push this as with our good start to the season there are probably people thinking about an ST and this may tip the balance.
PG

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
13th sept Chelsea h
18th UEFA n
21st Pompey H
23/24 Brighton ? A
28th Wigan A

No chance Tom they will put out a strong side with those fixtures.Players won't have enough rest time.Expect a team half full with kids.

Why cant the game be the week commencing Monday 1st September?

Man City have a game 31st August then nothing until the 13th September (6th September blank weekend for the Premiership due to England playing)

I know we will have a JPT trophy match scheduled for that week but doesnt the CC take priority? The second round of the JPT is not until the 6th October so I am sure we could get our first round match in before then!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Man City have a game 31st August then nothing until the 13th September (6th September blank weekend for the Premiership due to England playing)

I know we will have a JPT trophy match scheduled for that week but doesnt the CC take priority? The second round of the JPT is not until the 6th October so I am sure we could get our first round match in before then!

As there is international games that weekend after the 1st maybe ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Wow! We're not even half way through August and already we're in the draw for the 3rd Round of the League Cup!

So Adams has already improved on last season then :yahoo:

*** grabs Frazzles and sits back ***

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
For the 500 or so floaters who went to the barnet game and understandably feel some right to a ticket, it shouldnt matter surely? The season ticket holders are around 4000, probably around 2000 of which went on tuesday, the rest can apply stating they went to the game which out of a capacity of about 8000 home end tickets still leaves around 3500 tickets for people who didnt go tuesday and arent stholdrs. So long as the club announce the barnet stubbers and the "barnet gate crashers" can apply around the same time as the sths there shouldnt be any tears. :clap2::thumbsup:

Don't the internationals at the end of that week take even further priority? Man City will be expected to release players to join the international squads before their Euro qualifiers.

For the 500 or so floaters who went to the barnet game and understandably feel some right to a ticket, it shouldnt matter surely? The season ticket holders are around 4000, probably around 2000 of which went on tuesday, the rest can apply stating they went to the game which out of a capacity of about 8000 home end tickets still leaves around 3500 tickets for people who didnt go tuesday and arent stholdrs. So long as the club announce the barnet stubbers and the "barnet gate crashers" can apply around the same time as the sths there shouldnt be any tears. :clap2::thumbsup:

Why should they do that though? The ticket scheme is pretty straight forward. First STH's then Blue Members, then anyone else. Why confuse matters because people are bitching already?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

There's bound to be tears and tantrums somewhere along the line.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The reason why they should do that is cos if you werent a sth but after hearing ian hart`s pleading on scr to go on tuesday made the effort, and in addition maybe found it hard to get in through no fault of your own, maybe missed the first goal you might feel some right to a ticket for the next round. Not only that, my point is if they did that there should still be enough home tickets to go round as I`m sure there werent 2500 floaters there on tuesday.

The reason why they should do that is cos if you werent a sth but after hearing ian hart`s pleading on scr to go on tuesday made the effort, and in addition maybe found it hard to get in through no fault of your own, maybe missed the first goal you might feel some right to a ticket for the next round. Not only that, my point is if they did that there should still be enough home tickets to go round as I`m sure there werent 2500 floaters there on tuesday.

They might FEEL some right to a ticket, but that doesn't mean you HAVE a right to a ticket, same as being a STH doesn't give you the right to a ticket, just the right to apply and be processed before everyone else.

I might feel that having sat through every one of their films I have the right to a threesome with Denise Richards and Scarlet Johannsen but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get one anytime soon does it?

My point remains. The home ticket priorities are clear and always have been. STH, then Blue, then anyone else regardless of what other games have happened already.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
They might FEEL some right to a ticket, but that doesn't mean you HAVE a right to a ticket, same as being a STH doesn't give you the right to a ticket, just the right to apply and be processed before everyone else.

I might feel that having sat through every one of their films I have the right to a threesome with Denise Richards and Scarlet Johannsen but that doesn't mean I'm gonna get one anytime soon does it?

My point remains. The home ticket priorities are clear and always have been. STH, then Blue, then anyone else regardless of what other games have happened already.

Obviously the STHs get priority but personally I feel that Barnet stubbers should be next. The fact is no one really takes this competition seriously, and if we had been drawn to Macclesfield no one would give two hoots. The people who actually made the effort to go to a nothing game in the first round should be able to also go when the big boys roll in. I know there is a ticketing policy already, but in the case of cup matches I think it's slightly different (and to be honest the ticketing policy is shit anyway).

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Obviously the STHs get priority but personally I feel that Barnet stubbers should be next. The fact is no one really takes this competition seriously, and if we had been drawn to Macclesfield no one would give two hoots. The people who actually made the effort to go to a nothing game in the first round should be able to also go when the big boys roll in. I know there is a ticketing policy already, but in the case of cup matches I think it's slightly different (and to be honest the ticketing policy is shit anyway).

This would only work if, people were told in advance to keep the stubs and if everyone got the stubs.

This also wouldn't work as blue members who have paid money to join are then put behind someone who went.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked

the thing is with that, is that some Barnet ticket holders may not be white or blue members.

People have forked out £30 or £10 will want priority over people that arent any kind of member, if it means they didnt go to the Barnet game.

However they do it, someone will be unhappy with the decision made, and will rant to the high hills about it on here, as to why they deserved a ticket, giving specific details on how long their has been a season ticket holder in their family.

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
Originally Posted by Kylies Stunt Arse

Your point is that people who went tuesday have no more right than any other floater that didnt. I think they do. And i dont think it would be too much trouble to accommodate them.
And if you want to see a really good floater watch "Kevin and Perry go large"!

What the f*** are you on about? The ticketing policy is ONLY for cup matches! That's the point. Whether or not the policy is shit or otherwise is another debate, and one that has been done to death already.

The issue here is that the club cannot announce now that if you went to a game in the past you can have priority over people that didn't go. Any incentive for tickets has to be offered to EVERYONE that could be applicable, and not with hindsight. I'm sure that had the club announced that if you buy a Barnet ticket you can have priority for the next round it wouldn't have made any difference as the chances of us getting a Prem club at home were fairly slim, but if they now say if you buy tickets to the Brizzle Rovers, Orient and Scunthorpe games now then you can have priority THAT would be fair as it is open to all non STH. I don't think they should do that though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here