• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I saw something similar the other day. Lots of people voted GOP at every level but Biden for President. Because they still support their party but they hate Trump.

If those votes don't count then the houses would have to change too. It's such nonsense and nothing will happen apart from Paedo Rudi taking more of Donald's dwindling cash.

It's actually quite good fun to see how low the orange fool will sink before losing anyway. Because he's lost.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
And if I go to trumpfans.com or wherever the **** they are gathering, they would say that the opposite is facts and that what you are saying is made up nonsense.

Just because there are two sides to any argument being presented by different people does not mean that they are both equally likely to be true or that it isn't possible to make a judegement call on which one is most likely. Most legal systems sort of rely on this approach.

Sure, there are two groups of people saying contradictory things. Sure it is possible either one may be right. What most people (including pretty much all the serious journalists and commentators who are best placed to do this) have done is to listen to the claims on both sides, assess the facts that are available and the context in which the claims are being made and come to an informed judgement. The overwhelming judgement is that Trump is talking out of his arse.

If you have done this yourself and genuinely come to the conclusion that 'both sides have an equally valid argument' then I would make my own judgement. And that judgement is that you are an idiot.

However, I do not think that is the case. I think you are just having fun.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
burger.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair point, but for accuracy I am not, nor never was, pro Trump.

A mad loose cannon.

The alternative however does concern me. As someone who wanted to rid myself of the EU binds, Biden is obviously pro the union.

Re: the EU binds. We left last January, so please tell me what you can do now, that you couldn't do before.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Indeed. It is not difficult. Open a book. I recommend Luke Harding and "Collusion". The clue in the name. Other books are available.

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

And also, while I enjoy most of [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION]'s posts, when two opponents call each other out this doesn't automatically result in a draw. And this process is not an immutable law. It is.....whataboutery!

It is part of my job to evaluate the plausibility of a hypothesis to determine whether it is worth the time and money needed to allow further investigation.

You can guess the rest.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
But there is only one version of true. So for example when Trump says he won the election, that's manifestly untrue. The fact that lots of people choose to believe it is irrelevant. If it can be demonstrated it's true.

We live in the era of science, information and knowledge

We've lived in that era for a very, very long time. The Salem witch hunters executed the "witches" based on what they believed to be science, information and knowledge.

Some said: wait, hold up a minute...

And others replied: You are refuting the legitimacy of spectral evidence? lololol, complete tinfoiler.

Move on a couple of hundred years and you had a third of the Germans voting for Hitler.

Some said: hmm, I think he is full of shit.

And others replied: roflmao, didnt you listen to the radio? The media says he is right, scientists say he is right - why would I listen to a few nutjobs who read too much Rosa Luxemburg.

One or two: Well, in the past some would have had your view on the Salem trials..

And others would have replied: Yes yes but now live in a time of science, knowledge and information! We live in the best of all times!

Move on until today:

Some say: the whole ****ing democracy is a myth and a fraud, from the left to the right.

And others reply: yeyeye, tell me the one about the lizard people... We have FACTS. Science! Information! Knowledge! We live in the best of all times (well..)!

You catch the drift. The subjects change, the human brain doesnt. We're a dumb as shit species, always very prone to believe that we can not be fooled, and each generation equally convinced that they are the first not to be fooled.

Just because there are two sides to any argument being presented by different people does not mean that they are both equally likely to be true or that it isn't possible to make a judegement call on which one is most likely. Most legal systems sort of rely on this approach.

Sure, there are two groups of people saying contradictory things. Sure it is possible either one may be right. What most people (including pretty much all the serious journalists and commentators who are best placed to do this) have done is to listen to the claims on both sides, assess the facts that are available and the context in which the claims are being made and come to an informed judgement. The overwhelming judgement is that Trump is talking out of his arse.

If you have done this yourself and genuinely come to the conclusion that 'both sides have an equally valid argument' then I would make my own judgement. And that judgement is that you are an idiot.

However, I do not think that is the case. I think you are just having fun.

I have no more trust in "journalists and commentators" than I have in you or the beggar on the street. I am never going to allow political parties, news corporations or corporate funded scientists tell me their "truth".

That said, you're right... I'm having a bit of fun and I realise that a lot of it looks like a defense speech for the orange marionette while in reality, I cant stand him. The essential of what I'm saying is that just because I dont believe in the Easter bunny doesnt mean I necessarily believe in Santa Claus.

If things were opposite - "Biden is a liar, Trump is pretty honest!" - I would express my thoughts in a similar fashion, and it would look like a defense speech for the senile marionette.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Here is another tactic I saw mooted on CNN.

Effectively, they kick the can down the road and the Republicans electors remain in the flipped states when it comes to vote at the electoral college because the election outcome in those states remains unresolved due to litigation.

“One idea being tossed around the campaign is whether it can run out the clock enough to put forward a Republican slate of electors in key states where President-elect Joe Biden won the popular vote. State laws vary on whether they can appoint electors that don't reflect the will of the people. One of the sources cautioned it was unclear how seriously this idea is being considered.”

In essence, there is no serious plan to have Trump win this election.
Yes, they is a very high likelihood of Trump trying on some shenanigans with the Electoral College delegates. This is why Biden still needs as many wins as possible in the remains states. And he also needs as big a margin as possible in the popular vote to make any of these shenanigans look more dodgy.

We've lived in that era for a very, very long time. The Salem witch hunters executed the "witches" based on what they believed to be science, information and knowledge.

And others replied: You are refuting the legitimacy of spectral evidence? lololol, complete tinfoiler.

Move on a couple of hundred years and you had a third of the Germans voting for Hitler.

And others replied: roflmao, didnt you listen to the radio? The media says he is right, scientists say he is right - why would I listen to a few nutjobs who read too much Rosa Luxemburg.

One or two: Well, in the past some would have had your view on the Salem trials..

And others would have replied: Yes yes but now live in a time of science, knowledge and information! We live in the best of all times!

Move on until today:

Some say: the whole ****ing democracy is a myth and a fraud, from the left to the right.

And others reply: yeyeye, tell me the one about the lizard people... We have FACTS. Science! Information! Knowledge! We live in the best of all times (well..)!

You catch the drift. The subjects change, the human brain doesnt. We're a dumb as shit species, always very prone to believe that we can not be fooled, and each generation equally convinced that they are the first not to be fooled.

I have no more trust in "journalists and commentators" than I have in you or the beggar on the street. I am never going to allow political parties, news corporations or corporate funded scientists tell me their "truth".

That said, you're right... I'm having a bit of fun and I realise that a lot of it looks like a defense speech for the orange marionette while in reality, I cant stand him. The essential of what I'm saying is that just because I dont believe in the Easter bunny doesnt mean I necessarily believe in Santa Claus.

If things were opposite - "Biden is a liar, Trump is pretty honest!" - I would express my thoughts in a similar fashion, and it would look like a defense speech for the senile marionette.

I have looked everywhere for a Swedish correspondence course which will enable me to gain a qualification in pompous bullshit. Can you please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have looked everywhere for a Swedish correspondence course which will enable me to gain a qualification in pompous bullshit. Can you please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Maybe we could arrange some kind of exchange. I'll teach about being pompous, and you teach me about ab absurdo.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Just seen a really interesting interview with a Democratic Senator from WV, saying he'd vote against packing the courts, New green Deal, Puerto Rico statehood, Dc statehood and so on. Very considered, very humble man. Makes a mockery of the Alt-Right's claims that Biden is some kind of Communist.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just seen a really interesting interview with a Democratic Senator from WV, saying he'd vote against packing the courts, New green Deal, Puerto Rico statehood, Dc statehood and so on. Very considered, very humble man. Makes a mockery of the Alt-Right's claims that Biden is some kind of Communist.

Finally something I can agree 100% with. He definitely isnt.

Unfortunately.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Move on until today:

And people were surprised when you asked us how to dispose of 200 discarded pizza boxes piled up in your flat? ???

:lolol: :thumbsup:

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
This can't be right. I understood that Trump was a hugely wealthy businessman

More bankrupties than most, and heading for more. His businesses are in deep shit because of Covid, which is why he wanted to keep everything carrying on as normal. Massive amount of dead people not more important than his pocket.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Very sceptical about some of that. Much of it seems to be cut and potentially distorted.

His 70s references are the language of the time, so I discount that whoever uses them. Most of us probably used them.

The first frame about 'not needing another N bigshot' appears to be him reading from a transcript of someone else's words. So we have no context.

His 'chains' joke is rather dark and his assumption that black people should vote for him is rather arrogant.

But I never trust these videos when they have been clipped. He has the endorsement of the NAACP which should tell us he is a safe bet where race issues are concerned.

Fair point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here