• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
There's been voting skulduggery since US elections began. Going back 60 years, when JFK narrowly won Illinois, it was alleged the Chicago mob went round the cemeteries and got the names from gravestones to register to vote, then Kennedy turned on the same Mob once in the White House, which probably meant it wasn't just Lee Harvey Oswald at work in Dallas on that Friday.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
exactly, and thats going way too far. another election isnt an option. Supreme Court has no power to force one, they adjudicate on points of law. they might be partisan on matter of principle or moral views, its unlikely they will want to become overtly political and directly interfere with the outcome. and the local state legislatures would resist, as it stamps on their autonomy even if republican.

Here is another tactic I saw mooted on CNN.

Effectively, they kick the can down the road and the Republicans electors remain in the flipped states when it comes to vote at the electoral college because the election outcome in those states remains unresolved due to litigation.

“One idea being tossed around the campaign is whether it can run out the clock enough to put forward a Republican slate of electors in key states where President-elect Joe Biden won the popular vote. State laws vary on whether they can appoint electors that don't reflect the will of the people. One of the sources cautioned it was unclear how seriously this idea is being considered.”

In essence, there is no serious plan to have Trump win this election.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m sure he will happily void his own postal vote if it means doing the same with all the others.
I’m curious as to how this could be done retrospectively. Surely election procedure should be hard coded into law before an election ? Postal voting could be banned for the future if a law to that effect were passed in their version of parliament ? (excuse my ignorance as to how their system works). It would be deeply undermining of democracy to disenfranchise people like my Mum (in this country) but I don’t suppose ‘Trump’s legal team’ care much about that.

My understanding is that states and even counties have their own different yet publicised rules about postal voting (rubric for votes to be countable) and vote counting. These arrangements have always been legal. It has been legal in the past for regions to set up rules that make it very hard for some folk to vote (especially poor people and black people). All legal, till the laws are challenged and changed. But when challenegd and changed this affects future elections, not past elections.

Trump has absolutely no chance of challenging the rubric of the election. If he can show evidence of sacks of votes being burned, etc, this may affect the vote in the place this happened. That's it.

I'm really enjoying his meltdown.

Note that if Palin supports postal voting this is because she's too thick to qualify the statement. The correct statement in Trump speak would be 'I support postal voting in counties and states where the Republicans would benefit, but I think it is illegal and wrong in counties and states where Democrats would benefit'. That, basically, is Trump's stance. What a plum.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
From what I've read it seems that the Trump legal team (note the the Republican party don't appear to be taking part in the legal action) seem to be heading towards the route of trying to get postal voting declared illegal.

Quite scary when you think about it, they want to "protect" the democratic rights of those who voted in person by completely disenfranchising those who didn't.

One wonders where he is getting the millions to employ so many lawyers, especially as they have already lost a couple of cases regarding the counting observers.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Biden supporters threatening a Biden supporter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6vQgvntjpc&list=PLPs7P33TxWOhdQMLxxyBCTOyYWeaRZ2G6

:mad: :shrug:

[MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] "Some or all of the content shared in this post is disputed and might be misleading about an election or other civic process."

OK, I'll bite. There's clearly more to the story than this chicken sound effect botherer is letting on. What makes him/you assume that's a Biden voter? Just because he's got a one of their signs at the front of his house? And even if he *was* a Biden supporter, there's no written rule that all of them have to get along – look at the state of this board, which is full of people who support the same football team FFS!

Jeez!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
The longer this goes on the better for Donny

https://news.yahoo.com/trumps-flurry-campaign-defense-fund-094844061.html

President Trump's campaign has been sending out dozens of emails and text messages a day since Wednesday, asking for money for the outgoing president's "election defense fund." The pace of the emails seems to have picked up after The Associated Press and TV networks called the race for President-elect Joe Biden on Saturday.

If you read the fine print of these Trump "election defense fund" solicitations, though, "half — or more — of any contribution will be used to retire debt from his re-election campaign," The Wall Street Journal reports. "Other Trump fundraising pitches in recent days ask for help to 'protect the integrity of this election' but lead to a donation page for Mr. Trump's 'Make America Great Again' committee. The fine print on those solicitations says 60 percent of a contribution helps the campaign retire debt and 40 percent goes to the Republican National Committee."

"Biden's campaign has also launched a fundraising effort in anticipation of a drawn-out legal battle," and "while the fine print does not include any disclaimer about retiring campaign debt, it does indicate that a portion of the donation would go toward the Democratic National Committee," USA Today reports. "The national party committees — the RNC and DNC — often play a prominent role in financing election legal proceedings," the Journal notes.

The Trump disclaimer about retiring campaign debt is "a particularly conspicuous clause given Trump had previously said he might put up his own money for his reelection effort," Aaron Blake writes at The Washington Post. "Even as he swears he has a legitimate legal case, he's not just declining to use his own money, but he's diverting half the money raised for it to another purpose tied to the winding down of the campaign." In other signs this is mostly about optics, Trump's campaign hasn't "put up the approximately $3 million required for a recount in Wisconsin," he adds. "Perhaps the Trump legal team believes that money might be better spent in other ways, given recounts usually only shift a few hundred votes, but it doesn't exactly suggest an all-hands-on-deck effort."

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
One wonders where he is getting the millions to employ so many lawyers, especially as they have already lost a couple of cases regarding the counting observers.

He is emailing his supporters to donate funds to pay for the voter fraud ligation.

Only 1 slight problem, if you read the small print, it states that 50% of the donation will go towards reducing the debt on the campaign.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He is emailing his supporters to donate funds to pay for the voter fraud ligation.

Only 1 slight problem, if you read the small print, it states that 50% of the donation will go towards reducing the debt on the campaign.

This polite little email?

trumpet.jpg

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Apparently Trump is now moaning that the news on a new CoronaVirus vaccine was delayed until after the election to make him look bad. :shrug::wanker:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Apparently Trump is now moaning that the news on a new CoronaVirus vaccine was delayed until after the election to make him look bad. :shrug::wanker:

I thought yesterday that he would come out with this.

No doubt this will feed the fantasists for decades to come.

I simply put it down to unfortunate timing, Donald :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I thought yesterday that he would come out with this.

No doubt this will feed the fantasists for decades to come.

I simply put it down to unfortunate timing, Donald :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I put it down to a mix of paranoia and psychopathy :shrug:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

This can't be right. I understood that Trump was a hugely wealthy businessman

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here