• Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I would be interested now if, as a nation a million miles away across the pond, whether the majority of the learned and sage US politics congoscenti of NSC believe it healthy should Joey get a blue Senate in January, or if it goes red?

Nobody likes BoJo having a free rein, would they be happy if pro EU Biden had a similar ability to ride roughshod when we are after a deal or two on chlorinated chicken?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He should have said this before Tuesday

[tweet]1324887827868508162[/tweet]

#TeamTrump.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

#TeamTrump.

My favourite was Carlson suggesting that Biden is a hologram because they don't know how he thinks.

They are completely and utterly mad. Full on bars-in-the-window, take-away-anything-sharp mad.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
McConnell says there will definitely be a peaceful transfer of power if Biden wins.

Seems to me like the Trumptanic has hit the iceberg and everyone is now starting to leg it to the lifeboats. Celine Dion will probably be along soon.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I would be interested now if, as a nation a million miles away across the pond, whether the majority of the learned and sage US politics congoscenti of NSC believe it healthy should Joey get a blue Senate in January, or if it goes red?

Nobody likes BoJo having a free rein, would they be happy if pro EU Biden had a similar ability to ride roughshod when we are after a deal or two on chlorinated chicken?

Given how much needs to be done, and how quickly, yes of course I'd like to see him get an effective majority in the senate. It'll be tight enough that there won't be any lack of accountability.

But I doubt it will happen. The votes that seem to have got Biden over the line in Georgia are likely to be anti-Trump votes, not pro-Democratic. With Trump gone it'll be a struggle for the Democrats to get any 'soft' republicans to support them, or to whip up the enthusiasm amongst historical non-voters without the bogie-man to point at.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He's in great shape - the best shape - everybody's saying it...

The seefood and eat it diet works!

0A3EB98D-E83C-45C9-8844-CCA2CA16644D.png

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

#TeamTrump.

Wow, yes. A narrow escape there - if the electorate had known before voting the Democrats were running on a Compulsory Starbucks Consumption platform, then no way would Biden have won. We’d definitely be looking at four more years of Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

#TeamTrump.

I think the WH at present is the episode in Veep when they think she’s going to drop out of running and they all immediately start texting for new jobs with other candidates.

I wonder if any staffers realising the end is nigh have given DT a final honest assessment of their thoughts about him?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Given how much needs to be done, and how quickly, yes of course I'd like to see him get an effective majority in the senate. It'll be tight enough that there won't be any lack of accountability.

But I doubt it will happen. The votes that seem to have got Biden over the line in Georgia are likely to be anti-Trump votes, not pro-Democratic. With Trump gone it'll be a struggle for the Democrats to get any 'soft' republicans to support them, or to whip up the enthusiasm amongst historical non-voters without the bogie-man to point at.

Thank you. Good points, and such a pleasant change for intelligent comment not to be surrounded in memes and gifs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the WH at present is the episode in Veep when they think she’s going to drop out of running and they all immediately start texting for new jobs with other candidates.

I wonder if any staffers realising the end is nigh have given DT a final honest assessment of their thoughts about him?

The latest noise on Carlson's Twitter timeline is Trump's staffers should be texting Tucker for his presidential run in 2024.

:ohmy:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So Trump's bullshit speech on election night is officially a super spreader event. What a shock.

Maybe Trump was right when he said:-

"After November 4th Covid will just go away".

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Thus far, this thread has been very unusual for NSC in that it's a political thread where the debate and discussion has been almost entirely civil and reasoned.

Please help that stay the case, stay on topic and avoid any temptation to get into the same old arguments again. I've said it before, there is a place for that and this thread isn't it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here