Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Every now and again you hear one of them accidentally slip in a "we" or "us" when they're talking about Biden. They're going to do well to contain themselves when (hopefully) they call him as the winner.

I'm streaming it through their website and I don't get any ads at all. It just shows a placeholder saying they'll be back soon. It has made me realise just how ridiculously long their ad breaks are.

I've been doing the same and the silence, at first is unnerving but I bloody well jump every time the sound starts again after what must be dozens of adverts.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
What a dodgy electoral system.

Isn't it just like the UK first past the post election x 50 and spread over 4 days instead of 1 ?

See if you can guess what colour MP the 3 liverpool seats return and what clour the North east Cambridgeshire, South Staffordshire, and Rayleigh and Wickford returned ? Just the same as every district in the US.

It's always Bury North, Bedford and Kensington who decide on the Government. Everyone else is just pissing in the wind :shrug:

That's democracy :wink:

So, back to the US, where it doesn't matter what the majority want

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
So, am I.

During their ad breaks, we get a handful of trailers for different CNN International shows, and then the holding ad break screen.

Thinking about it, that's what I'm seeing now.

I've spent the last three days in Wales, staying in an airbnb place, so maybe it was down to whatever the deal was with the owner's TV. Now I'm safely back in Sussex, it seems to be just trailers and pieces about sex trafficking.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Thinking about it, that's what I'm seeing now.

I've spent the last three days in Wales, staying in an airbnb place, so maybe it was down to whatever the deal was with the owner's TV. Now I'm safely back in Sussex, it seems to be just trailers and pieces about sex trafficking.

They're probably targeted :p

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
have to wonder to what end though? dispute the election and keep him in power? doesnt work like that, the President's term expires and he is out unless re-elected.

the really scary thing is what will he do once lost in the remaining weeks, with a wounded ego does he sulk or try to leave a mess?

I read somewhere, probably the Grauniad, that he was in the process of recoding the banding of officials and introducing a new band, to allow him the appoint his own poeple to key positions in this new band with vague terms and condtions that makes it almost impossible to fire them, and moving all those whom he considers enemies into roles where they can be fired without any fuss, or something along those lines. All an attempt to spike an Democrat administration.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Me too - it's been on the TV or the iPad or my computer every waking minute I've been in the house since about 9pm Tuesday.

When I'm out the house walking the dog or running I'm listening to it - they stream the audio of the TV coverage on the TuneIn app.

Ditto! Couple of early hours checks too.

What kind of weirdo, sits on the loo at 4am for a piss, so they can have a quick check in on CNN

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I read somewhere, probably the Grauniad, that he was in the process of recoding the banding of officials and introducing a new band, to allow him the appoint his own poeple to key positions in this new band with vague terms and condtions that makes it almost impossible to fire them, and moving all those whom he considers enemies into roles where they can be fired without any fuss, or something along those lines. All an attempt to spike an Democrat administration.

This, plus protesters with rifles ................ he's learnt a lot from Lenin circa 1917 it seems.

Who'd've guessed Tromp was a closet commie?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a dodgy electoral system.

Isn't it just like the UK first past the post election x 50 and spread over 4 days instead of 1 ?

See if you can guess what colour MP the 3 liverpool seats return and what clour the North east Cambridgeshire, South Staffordshire, and Rayleigh and Wickford returned ? Just the same as every district in the US.

It's always Bury North, Bedford and Kensington who decide on the Government. Everyone else is just pissing in the wind :shrug:

That's democracy :wink:

So, back to the US, where it doesn't matter what the majority want

I’m loving this protracted collapse of Trump’s racist presidency of hate and division, death by a thousand cuts.

What’s not to like - CNN are great, sumptuous sunny weather here and sharing Biden’s march to the WH with great company on NSC.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Trump Campaign insisting on having extra observers on the remaining counts.

7D2370D0-AB54-43DB-A9C6-821D91BEB9BF.jpeg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Watching CNN, I wonder how much Michael Bay was paid to do that 'movie' advertising Abu Dhabi?

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] any update on the red wave mate?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] any update on the red wave mate?

Going to come riding over the hill alongside the German car industry for Brexit

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
Can we have the countdown clock accompany the count in PA? If (when) Biden overhauls The Shitspewing bungle**** it'd be perfect.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1324441204403163137[/TWEET]

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Going to come riding over the hill alongside the German car industry for Brexit
And us getting relegated last season.

If he is a betting man I bet he gets the red carpet treatment at the bookies.

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
CNN is wonderful but they are pointing out something pretty important. Biden is currently in Coronavirus briefings. Trump - the leader of the Free World. The Leader. Is sitting in the Oval office tweeting in caps against his team's advice. Is he having a cry **** one wonders?

EDIT - they have also just mentioned that sources mentioned he plans to stand in 2024, which is as close to a concession as you're going to get.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
CNN is wonderful but they are pointing out something pretty important. Biden is currently in Coronavirus briefings. Trump - the leader of the Free World. The Leader. Is sitting in the Oval office tweeting in caps against his team's advice. Is he having a cry **** one wonders?

EDIT - they have also just mentioned that sources mentioned he plans to stand in 2024, which is as close to a concession as you're going to get.

Well even if he doesn't, the chances are that one of his equally unqualified and considerably less charismatic offspring will do instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here