• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Getting a bit fed up of these First Move with Julia Chatterley and Quest Means Business trailers though.

CNN is the only English speaking news channel I get on TV over here.
Those first move trailers have been the same for almost two years but for some reason I never get fed up of them.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I have absolutely no idea what this guy from Las Vegas is saying, other than "we're keeping you all waiting until tomorrow at the earliest".

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I went to bed at 1am on Wednesday morning expecting to wake up to a shitshow like I had in 2016< was genuinely quite shocked I didn't

I watched it all night, bar a mini sleep about 6. The NSC mood music was increasingly glum overnight as Trump was doing well in Florida, NC and Georgia, Betfair odds flipped from Biden huge favourite to second favourite (I think) in no time at all, then Trump duped people with his manipulative victory speech. 5Live and LBC shows yesterday morning were themed on a Trump win, with arrogant Republican fans from both sides of the pond bullishly praising Trump and his plans to scrub late vote counts.

Then ..... about 1pm yesterday, the broadcast media world seemed to wake up to the fact that 10m’s of largely Democrat votes weren’t yet counted in swing states other than Florida.

Caught completely on the back foot.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It seems for all the noise these Trump team legal complaints are falling on extremely rocky ground when actually put up to scrutiny, two have already been thrown out owing to a lack of actual evidence. I would suspect the legal teams know this isn't going to get them anywhere but have to be seen to be doing something to appease the furious orange one.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
At least 24 hours from now until 51,000-64,000 are tallied - and that's not including ballots still waiting to be delivered.
NV has until Tuesday to finish counting.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1324415080226643971[/TWEET]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
At least 24 hours from now until 51,000-64,000 are tallied - and that's not including ballots still waiting to be delivered.
NV has until Tuesday to finish counting.

Jeez. Even Man United don't get that amount of added time.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Anyone know how you get the vertical line for one cadidate like the one about 5am for Biden?

Genuinely, there may be a good explanation.

El_1r5cXEAAu8Db

Maybe you are reading the wrong websites, Dingo? :shrug:

Voter Fraud in Wisconsin – Massive Dump of Over 100,000 Ballots for Biden All the Sudden Appear Overnight

Fact check: That spike in the Wisconsin vote tally was expected and legitimate, not fraud

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
It seems for all the noise these Trump team legal complaints are falling on extremely rocky ground when actually put up to scrutiny, two have already been thrown out owing to a lack of actual evidence. I would suspect the legal teams know this isn't going to get them anywhere but have to be seen to be doing something to appease the furious orange one.

I read an analysis that said it's not about getting a result in court but about galvanising his supporters to protest (usually with AR15s)

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I read an analysis that said it's not about getting a result in court but about galvanising his supporters to protest (usually with AR15s)

It's already working in Phoenix (this was last night, outside where the count is being conducted):-

fdd3322c-cb97-4a92-bfc5-3e23de02a8d5-AP20310180538838.jpg

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
CNN do this so well, I’ll miss it when it’s over.

Politically, for them it’s the culmination (they’re hiding it quite well just now) of four years challenging a lying and racist president.

It’s been a rollercoaster for us, in the early UK hours of Wednesday, it appeared Biden might’ve blown it.

Every now and again you hear one of them accidentally slip in a "we" or "us" when they're talking about Biden. They're going to do well to contain themselves when (hopefully) they call him as the winner.

You've got a different flavour of CNN to me (and others by the sound of it). I/we don't get the standard US ads.

I'm streaming it through their website and I don't get any ads at all. It just shows a placeholder saying they'll be back soon. It has made me realise just how ridiculously long their ad breaks are.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm streaming it through their website and I don't get any ads at all. It just shows a placeholder saying they'll be back soon. It has made me realise just how ridiculously long their ad breaks are.

So, am I.

During their ad breaks, we get a handful of trailers for different CNN International shows, and then the holding ad break screen.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

have to wonder to what end though? dispute the election and keep him in power? doesnt work like that, the President's term expires and he is out unless re-elected.

the really scary thing is what will he do once lost in the remaining weeks, with a wounded ego does he sulk or try to leave a mess?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here