• Calling it for Trump

Votes: 78 30.2%
  • Calling it for Biden

Votes: 180 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The bottom line is that Biden has got more than 3 million more votes than Trump across the country. This should make any legal action trying to save his job redundant.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bloody technology. Preventing a Trump 2020 victory essay.

E76DBB10-F310-401F-8D22-1E8C8251FC88.png

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Getting a bit fed up of these First Move with Julia Chatterley and Quest Means Business trailers though.

Normally, I find American TV adverts compelling when I'm in the US, but I must admit, the CNN ones for conference hotels and golf resorts are all rather dull.

American ads for medicinal products are my favourites, because of the legislation meaning they are obliged to spend more time (in some cases) telling you what the potential side effects are than what the actual pills do. In this country, if (say) John Hannah told you about a new indigestion remedy but had to finish the advert by saying "Product may cause indigestion, trapped wind, bloating, heart murmurs, blood clots, muscular pain, mild deafness or loss of vision, numbing of fingers and toes, headaches, hair loss, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of consciousness or death: always consult your physician" instead of "always read the label", you wouldn't bother buying it, would you? :lol:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line is that Biden has got more than 3 million more votes than Trump across the country. This should make any legal action trying to save his job redundant.

Pretty sure Hillary had a similar margin in 2016.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Normally, I find American TV adverts compelling when I'm in the US, but I must admit, the CNN ones for conference hotels and golf resorts are all rather dull.

American ads for medicinal products are my favourites, because of the legislation meaning they are obliged to spend more time (in some cases) telling you what the potential side effects are than what the actual pills do. In this country, if (say) John Hannah told you about a new indigestion remedy but had to finish the advert by saying "Product may cause indigestion, trapped wind, bloating, heart murmurs, blood clots, muscular pain, mild deafness or loss of vision, numbing of fingers and toes, headaches, hair loss, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, loss of consciousness or death: always consult your physician" instead of "always read the label", you wouldn't bother buying it, would you? :lol:

You've got a different flavour of CNN to me (and others by the sound of it). I/we don't get the standard US ads.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1324404107290021888[/TWEET]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Mr K has disappeared off upstairs as he's bored of it all. I, on the other hand, am glued.

Which state is next to be called: have they said?

You know that when they say 'called', different groups 'call' results at different times ?

It's bunches of people (all more experienced, better qualified and better informed than us :wink:) guessing at when they believe they can't be sued if they get it wrong.

I have just heard the BBC say that they have finally decided the call on Wisconsin, weeks after everyone else (and the count isn't complete). And people complain that the BBC isn't 'conservative' enough :lolol:

In lockdown, you have to take your entertainment where you can.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[tweet]1324335412865863682[/tweet]

Sigh.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
so Trump has millions more votes than he got last time.

Interesting

Yes Biden has more votes than any other candidate in American Presidential elections (58) and in nearly all of those elections the person that wins the popular vote also wins the most electoral college votes. I have not read or heard where Trump stands in this list of most votes. If Biden wins he will have a challenge trying to unify the two polarised sides. If Trump wins he will only pander to his own.

I may have to find a list of candidates and their votes won. Whatever it shows a very divided nation and one hopes they can start to come together more.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Completely irrelevant - that simply isn't how the Presidential election is decided.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Indeed, but our constituencies are teeny-tiny compared to most of these states.

If we had multiple millions of votes in each constituency, we might do something different.

I've never been so invested in an election, principally because ours are over so quickly I guess.

CNN do this so well, I’ll miss it when it’s over.

Politically, for them it’s the culmination (they’re hiding it quite well just now) of four years challenging a lying and racist president.

It’s been a rollercoaster for us, in the early UK hours of Wednesday, it appeared Biden might’ve blown it.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It’s been a rollercoaster for us, in the early UK hours of Wednesday, it appeared Biden might’ve blown it.

I went to bed at 1am on Wednesday morning expecting to wake up to a shitshow like I had in 2016< was genuinely quite shocked I didn't

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here