Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 falmer tour today

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, I am happy I didnt go for the west stand upper - so far away from the pitch!

I'm in WSL and more than happy, best seats in the house imo but the atmosphere will almost certainly be better "in the Gods"

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Great afternoon, good to sit in my seat at long last. Did anyone else order the prematch curry for the Gillingham game?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
was on 1901 visit this pm. didn't get to WSL but have to say view from front 10 rows of WSU seemed as good, if not better than 1901. anyone think most 1901 are of a certain age?

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Went at 10am & got into WSU no probs at all. Like others have said, got very queasy when in the back rows.

Also got in the East Stand (well the door was left open so just had to poke my nose in) and was shocked at how much appeared still to be done. If I had a seat there I'd be very worried right now!!

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Went at 10am & got into WSU no probs at all. Like others have said, got very queasy when in the back rows.

Also got in the East Stand (well the door was left open so just had to poke my nose in) and was shocked at how much appeared still to be done. If I had a seat there I'd be very worried right now!!

I would guess that the east stand wont be open till the Spurs game so still nearly 3 weeks to get it finished.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
was on 1901 visit this pm. didn't get to WSL but have to say view from front 10 rows of WSU seemed as good, if not better than 1901.

Loving that comment Tim!

Better than 1901, an atmosphere and a third of the price. Marvellous scenes!!

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
No doubt that the best seats in the house are in the WSL. Excellent view and not remote from the pitch. WSU will be like watching a game of subbuteo and the middle tier will be detached from the pitch and full of all those acting as if "I'm richer than yow!" And will lack passion. The lower tier will be in amongst the commoners and therefore they will get away with a good ol swearathon and no one will notice. iMO the best seat in the house is the front row by the away dugout......priceless.

Oct 6, 2010
I asked about dresscode. "At this stage" football shirts are not allowed to be worn in the lounges, but ARE allowed to be worn in the seats.
I get the feeling the strength of feeling from members will soon change this to allow them in the lounges too though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I asked about dresscode. "At this stage" football shirts are not allowed to be worn in the lounges, but ARE allowed to be worn in the seats.
I get the feeling the strength of feeling from members will soon change this to allow them in the lounges too though.

Definitely this. Stripes shouldn't be banned anywhere FFS

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Definitely this. Stripes shouldn't be banned anywhere FFS

I hope they are just for the first couple of games, just so we can take the piss out of you prawnies, which we will, trust the old roaster.

After that though, fully agree, stripes should be mandatory.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I get the feeling the club are making rules up and breaking them as they go along! I heard some guy say today that he is wearing what he feel comfortable in, not what the club says he has to wear!

Bexhillian

Jan 18, 2011
No doubt that the best seats in the house are in the WSL. Excellent view and not remote from the pitch. WSU will be like watching a game of subbuteo and the middle tier will be detached from the pitch and full of all those acting as if "I'm richer than yow!" And will lack passion. The lower tier will be in amongst the commoners and therefore they will get away with a good ol swearathon and no one will notice. iMO the best seat in the house is the front row by the away dugout......priceless.

I agree totally, the middle tier felt a bit separate to the rest of the stand. Also those seats behind the dugouts were great, bit different to Withdean!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I get the feeling the club are making rules up and breaking them as they go along!

The club have clearly and consistently stated no shirts in the 1901 club from the very start.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Phil, it's called banter:guitar:

Speaking of which, I noted the trajectory you would have use for your nuts to hit me square on the head. I'd say a throw at about 60 degrees, 20 mph should do the job. If you put some spin on it you may catch HB&B on the rebound too!!

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
1901 will comprise many bores networking in the lounge for their businesses / profession, on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

Everyone else will be there 100% for the football and fun, and absolutely not for work. Sounds good to me.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
The club have clearly and consistently said no shirts in the 1901 club from the very start.

That has never been an official line though. Do you have that in writing? I have asked numerous times and the emails received (when they can be arsed to reply) have generally stated that a poll of members will decide. Still waiting...

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
1901 will comprise many bores networking in the lounge for their businesses / profession, on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening.

Everyone else will be there 100% for the football and fun, and absolutely not for work. Sounds good to me.

heard a father and son (about 16) asking when the first proper match was and who was it against!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here