Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Autumn wardrobe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Evening gentlemen. It's that time of year when your mind turns to your autumn wardrobe so what sartorial treats have the 1901ers got lined up for next season?

After the disaster of the Levi 511s I switched mid-season and purchased two pairs of 504s in 'tarmac' and dark blue. I have since discovered they make these in a 33 inch waist which is a better fit for me so I have invested in two pairs exactly the same as before but with a one inch smaller waist. I have also purchased a silk and cotton ocelot print short sleeved shirt by my favourite designer which looks pretty fly if a little Peter Stringfellow. But, my favorite addition is a brooch I have purchased. I've been toying with the idea of costume jewellry for a while and met a lovely lady who has made me a one inch solid silver anchor pin for my peacoat. I wanted something to symbolise the sea/Brighton and settled on the anchor I'm really pleased with it, she has done me proud.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To date, just a pair of olive green Vans. Casual shoes are allowed, if they class them as trainers then Hebbard and Rodgers will be summoned!!

Nice work. I think olive green is a very under-rated colour.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
Nothing much really at the moment , but as i do a lot of flying to and fro to the UK i have bought a couple of nice little numbers from Hugo Boss and Ted Baker at Gatwick airport . A nice Ted Baker white coloured and cuffed shirt with a twist of grey spots on the inside of the cuffs and under the line of buttons/collar , very nice piece plus a Hugo Boss St George engraved t-shirt , white but with red edging.

Had the old Skint striped Brighton football shirt with matching Skint soft brim hat brought out of the closet recently as going to watch Fat Boy Slim in Prague in 2 weeks.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
After getting a little bored with Clarks I've gone a tad 90's and got myself some Kickers. They're of fantastic quality I must say, and look super sharp with my well-worn navy Nudie jeans in combination with my burnt-shaded Marshall Artist nautical jacket.

Apols for the enormous picture :lolol:

91LD4fN5FTL._SL1500_.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
edit: After re-reading the 1901 handbook, sports shoes are not acceptable. Pretty clear, although I disagree with the policy.

Back up town to acquire new shoes.

I like your attitude. Some would moan and 'rebel' but you see it as an opportunity to make another purchase :thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here is my pin

Attachments

• anchor.JPG
    anchor.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 13

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Er, not consciously; and I do not have the arms. Who the hell are Fremantle FC?

Often referred to by their West Coast Eagles rivals from neighbouring Perth as the "Wankers with Anchors" (look at the badge). Not of course that I was suggesting anything untoward to HT :blush:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
edit: After re-reading the 1901 handbook, sports shoes are not acceptable. Pretty clear, although I disagree with the policy.

Back up town to acquire new shoes.

I have sat in 1901 about ten times and worn plain black Vans everytime

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I have sat in 1901 about ten times and worn plain black Vans everytime

Thank You. That has given me confidence to turn up on Saturday wearing them!

Just as a matter of interest, I have had an email reply from Vans stating that my purchased shoes are classed as 'casual shoes' and not trainers/sports shoes. :thumbsup:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Thank You. That has given me confidence to turn up on Saturday wearing them!

Just as a matter of interest, I have had an email reply from Vans stating that my purchased shoes are classed as 'casual shoes' and not trainers/sports shoes. :thumbsup:

I think the key is that if everything else is smart they're fine, if you were to wear vans with smart jeans and a polo shirt they'll probably pick on one thing. I wore the vans with smart trousers and a proper shirt

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here