Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Autumn wardrobe

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I keep pausing on that blue and white stripy mini-dress.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
T shirts be they long sleeve or from Paul Smith do not have a collar. Therefore according to the Dress Code Police they are a no-go...for the male supporter. Try a shirt with a collar and without the Albion crest. Remember polo is a sport so any attire relating to this wil also not pass the DCP entry policy. Good luck and enjoy the experience........ it's choice.

I feel there is a spirit to the dresscode as well as a letter. I'm pretty sure my overall ensemble (is this a tuatology?) will be fine. But, if my jeans look a bit shabby or my shoes a bit scuffed then I'm sure the collarless shirt will start to be an issue with the doorman.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?

Who is?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going Eastside. Do Eastside and Westside 1901 Cribs mix or is it like Biggie Small/Tupac?

We got an email this week which mentioned movement between lounges is now permitted, but only 20 minutes after final whiste and subject to lounge capacity. Tomorrow will be the first time for this, and I initially envisage some chest puffing and preening, some ruffled feathers maybe, but I'm sure we'll all get along.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have some of them, sir. I'll be in East. Can we meet?

BTW - we tagged your lovely suntanned bonce in Facebook from last Saturday's game.

The blue aluminum glasses did not go unnoticed either.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
For entry into 1901 (aka Club Gus) you need the following:

BlazerBladRoyal.jpg

wool-cashmere-pindot-flat-front-suit-trousers-blue-4092730-lrg.jpg

white_patent_winklepicker.jpg

What ever happened to the Club Gus thread?

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The club should market sharp, black Poyet suits for the dapper element of the 1901 fraternity.

Also, bright blue and white blazers (see prev. post), ties and boaters a la MCC Tim Rice set at Lord's.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Springal - you are a man after my own heart. Am loving the shoe collection. I have quick question for the 1901ers - I have a couple of pairs of True Religion jeans that are delightful but what's the rules on frayed bottoms of jeans? It's only at the back but are the doormen strict on it?

It's just that I was thinking of a pair of those with some slip-ons or even I suppose my brown brogues.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?

It's NOT a parka

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Springal - you are a man after my own heart. Am loving the shoe collection. I have quick question for the 1901ers - I have a couple of pairs of True Religion jeans that are delightful but what's the rules on frayed bottoms of jeans? It's only at the back but are the doormen strict on it?

It's just that I was thinking of a pair of those with some slip-ons or even I suppose my brown brogues.

On Tuesday, one of our party wore exactly that - jeans frayed all the way round, with far more casual shoes than you have described. And a v-neck Paul Smith with no collar. No problems.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
T shirts be they long sleeve or from Paul Smith do not have a collar. Therefore according to the Dress Code Police they are a no-go...for the male supporter. Try a shirt with a collar and without the Albion crest. Remember polo is a sport so any attire relating to this wil also not pass the DCP entry policy. Good luck and enjoy the experience........ it's choice.

What most people would call a polo shirt i.e. a short sleeved t-shirt with a collar is absolutely fine. I've worn that for every match and it's never been questioned. Stop trying to make it sound more difficult than it is.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
if my jeans look a bit shabby or my shoes a bit scuffed.

This is a typical 1901 pre match dilemma. The smarter the shoes the shabbier the jeans look!!! scuffed shoes may compliment the distressed jeans but may be just enough to tip you into not suitable for 1901! Oh what to wear on a Saturday afternoon.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
What most people would call a polo shirt i.e. a short sleeved t-shirt with a collar is absolutely fine. I've worn that for every match and it's never been questioned. Stop trying to make it sound more difficult than it is.

Just reading the rules...no sports shirts. In fact Dodge's little helper,Sean, told my brother that his Albion badged polo shirt was not acceptable. Now who was being difficult?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here