Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Autumn wardrobe

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
Don't overdo the Harveys you's lot, and get a bit fruity...

lfg.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm going 1901 tomorrow and am thinking hard about my outfit. I might plump for my trusty Paul Smith tee with my raw denim Edwin jeans and Clarks Desert boots...but I bought this very limited edition Heritage Research modified parka about a year or two ago and haven't found an occasion to wear it yet - so it might get its first outing tomorrow. It is even lovelier in the flesh.

Look at it. Isn't it gorgeous?

"that's quite nice, I like the colour" Frau Tubthumper.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Ah go on. Get a navy blue raincoat. You'll look like the woman who runs the mobile library.

Your clever asides are like water off a duck's back to me.

Oh - by the way. Am I the only one who picked up on that Gary Dicker interview in the Donny Rovers programme the revelation that Gordon Greer uses hair straighteners. Our captain uses GHDs. I feel vindicated.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've always had you 1901 chaps down as more of a gentlemens club. Rather like the MCC in fact. I think you should all have to wear matching ties and blazers.

Sleeping+MCC+member_1744_18901272_0_0_7003867_300.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Now it is SUMMER, what are folks loving?

I am looking for a nice overshirt / summer jacket. I'm actually tempted by some Stone Island as they have some nice bits for SS12 (although the badge will be removed, of course) but any other nice bits to be on the look out for?

Also loving Adidas Originals STILL for trainers, Edwin & Nudie taken over as jeans of choice over Diesel for some reason.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Sorry this is not exclusively 1901 based, more REAL LIFE and that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
OK, lets forget I mentioned the trainers :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As the bank holiday approaches I have no doubt minds are now fixing on autumn wardrobes.

Consequently I've just purchased a new top and a rather nice double sided scarf to keep the chill away from my chest. The top is technically a long-sleeved t-shirt but I reckon I'll be able to get away with it; I feel I've earned some grace with the length and pointiness of my shoes.

Smart, formal but practical day to evening (game to pub) without looking like I work in an office is a difficult balance but I'm getting there.

Can you recall if it was this scarf and these pointy shoes that you were looking resplendent in when we 'did the deal' in the North Stand concourse a short while back?

I must say I was quite envious of your attire which made me feel quite the scruff bag.

If I recall correctly you were manbag-ed up too, which will be something that will please [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] I'm sure.

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
When I was in the 1901 on Saturday there were people wearing polo shirts so I am assuming that this is now acceptable.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
When I was in the 1901 on Saturday there were people wearing polo shirts so I am assuming that this is now acceptable.

Always has been acceptable to wear polo shirts. I think people wearing the training shirts with collars were told they didn't comply with the code.

Generally I think more than 99% of people have worked out what no trainers, no T Shirts, no sportswear and No replica shirts means.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can you recall if it was this scarf and these pointy shoes that you were looking resplendent in when we 'did the deal' in the North Stand concourse a short while back?

I must say I was quite envious of your attire which made me feel quite the scruff bag.

If I recall correctly you were manbag-ed up too, which will be something that will please [MENTION=2422]Tony Meolas Loan Spell[/MENTION] I'm sure.

Oh boy,

I do believe it was this scarf. It's a double-sided McQueen number, black wool on one side and a black and white skull design on the silky side. I have been wearing it a lot during the winter games. I have 2 other scarves of his but one is more of a pashmina and the other is a kind of Keith Richards chiffon floaty number but these work better with my leather and in the warmer months. I also have a classic bar scarf. I only have the one pair of shoes and they are brown and pointy ones I wore when we met. And of course I was manbagged up.

I think it is fair to say that, for me, I do go a little over board at the Albion. I like to dress up on occasion and the 1901 gives me a good excuse. I do not have any other need to dress up so it's a useful outlet for me. I guess I'm a bit of a 'weekender' in this sense as most of the the time you will see me and t-shirt and jeans...albeit the right t-shirt and the right jeans :wink:

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Goodness, what roguery is this?

Surely, one has no need of making decisions on suitable attire, when one's valet attends to one's needs.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
How is the dress code going ? Is it still being applied as at the start ?

rigourously. by over paid self important bumptious men in flourescent bibs

This what the ladies are wearing this season. Notice the home and away contrast.
fancy_dresses_1901.png

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here