Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Club Autumn wardrobe

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
It's gonna be a balmy 18degrees tomorrow with sunshine all around, so no need for the parka

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It's NOT a parka

Heritage Research referred to it as a modified parka and so does this site http://www.aphrodite1994.com/clothi...esearch-jacket-apple-modified-parka-29071.htm

. Let's not get hung up on terminology though. Let's just say it is a beauty.

Talking of parkas I was in the Fred Perry shop in Covent Garden (the one in the square near Penguin, Quiksilver et al) and they had this in there.

It's absolutely lovely but unfortunately the only green ones were women's only. The mens are all navy blue. I was sorely tempted to find a large woman's size one and try it on. That is one gorgeous parka.

Attachments

• parka.jpg
    parka.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 114

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
article-1248680-082ADE84000005DC-114_468x344.jpg

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Club ties will be worn by members
51L5aVxuGjL.jpg

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Gentlemen who wish to gain admittance to the 1901 club must take note of the dress code. this is an example of acceptable attire
Purple_stripe_waistcoat_PR_medium.jpg

Club ties will be required.
001.jpg

Access will be at the dicretion of the management.

This will be deemed acceptable attire for ladies who wish admittance to the 1901 club (obviously as the guest of a member only!)

thumbnail.aspx

with matching shoes obviously
thumbnail.aspx
quality pmsl

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I think your actually right.
Please don't take me seriously, just being mischievous :)

PS what is a utilitarian :blush:

No offence taken matey. I hope this thread was taken in the right spirit - as with the mutual neg reps! It's all just fluffery.

Utilitarian - someone who appreciates usefulness over aesthetics

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No offence taken matey. I hope this thread was taken in the right spirit - as with the mutual neg reps! It's all just fluffery.

Utilitarian - someone who appreciates usefulness over aesthetics

Function over form, the basis of all great design....except for clothing ;-)

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Remember polo is a sport so any attire relating to this wil also not pass the DCP entry policy.

Polo isn't a sport. As every gentleman knows, hunting, shooting and fishing are sports. Ergo, everything else is a game.

In the event of coming unstuck with regard to the dress code, simply explain the above to the door assistant, hand him your coat and stroll straight in.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Polo isn't a sport. As every gentleman knows, hunting, shooting and fishing are sports. Ergo, everything else is a game.

In the event of coming unstuck with regard to the dress code, simply explain the above to the door assistant, hand him your coat and stroll straight in.

I've missed you. :)

Lush

Mods' Pet
Talking of parkas I was in the Fred Perry shop in Covent Garden (the one in the square near Penguin, Quiksilver et al) and they had this in there.

It's absolutely lovely but unfortunately the only green ones were women's only. The mens are all navy blue. I was sorely tempted to find a large woman's size one and try it on. That is one gorgeous parka.

Ah go on. Get a navy blue raincoat. You'll look like the woman who runs the mobile library.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here