Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

15,500 Season Tickets at Falmer

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
if you`d asked me over a year ago how many season tickets we`d sell i would have said about 10-11k. Now, I am very seriously expecting it to be more and wouldnt be at all surprised if we virtually topped the 15500 figure quoted here. In fact if you were offering odds on season tickets selling out id have a lumpy bet on it.

Sooooo many people who havent set foot in withdean for years (or hardly) are gonna come back waving their cheque books and the most striking thing is that some football fans i know who support other teams are gonna get one cos of all the promise/excitement of a new stadium, gus, bloom etc

Feel sorry for people who cant get one for whatever reason but perhaps this is the moment to recruit one or two other floaters you may know and club together to get one between you to share if youre concerned the weekly tickets will all go.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
First come first served. I haven’t been to withdean nor has loads of friends but we’re getting season tickets for Falmer, don’t care about who’s been a season ticket holder at withdean, if you don’t get a ticket for the new ground then tuff shite.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
First come first served. I haven’t been to withdean nor has loads of friends but we’re getting season tickets for Falmer, don’t care about who’s been a season ticket holder at withdean, if you don’t get a ticket for the new ground then tuff shite.

Are you Heather Mills?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
First come first served. I haven’t been to withdean nor has loads of friends but we’re getting season tickets for Falmer, don’t care about who’s been a season ticket holder at Falmer, if you don’t get a ticket for the new ground then tuff shite.

Sorry, mate... you will be behind the 2500 corporates and 4000 current STHs... but not to worry... I'm sure there will be plenty of seats available for all, hopefully.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Will there really be 12000 people willing to stump up £400+ on top of the season ticket holders there already ?
Can't see it myself , not for League 1 football especially if the season gets off to a poorish start. Might be a rush for the first few games like happened at Withdean but once the novelty wears off and Hartlepool at home etc in November won't be such an attraction.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If you're a first-time, non-Withdean-attending, paid-up season-ticket holder for 2011-12 at Falmer by next April - would you get a play-off final ticket if we got there next season? Would you deserve to be at the head of the queue for a season in which you have made no contribution?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
If you're a first-time, non-Withdean-attending, paid-up season-ticket holder for 2011-12 at Falmer by next April - would you get a play-off final ticket if we got there next season? Would you deserve to be at the head of the queue for a season in which you have made no contribution?

I can see where you are coming from, but surely there would be capacity at Wembley for Withdean STH and those Falmer newbies?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I know a West Ham fan and a Spurs fan who've never set foot at Withdean, but have said they're seriously considering getting a season ticket at Falmer, the main reason being that the stadium is just looking so spectacular.

That stadium is an INCREDIBLY seductive advert for the club. Nothing like it has ever been seen in Sussex, and as those white arches rise over the skyline of the A27, thousands upon thousands of people driving past every day must be thinking "corr...I might have to have me some of that".

The anticipation is such that I'll be amazed if we're NOT well north of 10,000 season ticket sales, comfortably.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
We will sell 15,000 STs no problem in our first season at Falmer. Many like me are willing to cough up just to guarantee we get into the first match at the new stadium despite knowing I won't be able to make an entire seasons worth.

We will sell 15,000 STs no problem in our first season at Falmer. Many like me are willing to cough up just to guarantee we get into the first match at the new stadium despite knowing I won't be able to make an entire seasons worth.

There's me and one other in that category.

There's quite a number of current STH's who fall into this category including myself; the seats in front and adjacent to me in E Block are occupied by STH's and rarely are we all at the same game - in fact the woman who sits next to me usually works on a Saturday. We were chatting about the reasons we are STH's during HT at the Norwich match and none of us have a ST in order to get a cheaper match ticket, it's all about financially supporting the club.

Saint Harold 7

May 25, 2010
Just read the article on the Argus website about fans not being priced out at Falmer and saw that there will be 15,500 season tickets available at Falmer. I take it the away tickets are about 2,500 plus the corporate seats are about 2,500 so if we were to sell all 15,500 season tickets there would only be approx 3000 tickets available for each home game?! I'm not exactly dissing this as if we can sell out every game that's brilliant BUT I would say i'm worried about getting tickets easily (esp for the 1st game at Falmer) if there's so few on general sale. I don't want to start a 'i'm a better fan than you' thread but it would be slightly unfair on fans like myslef who don't get season tickets because of other commitments like working / playing football / or financial reasons to not be able to get a ticket for that 1st game - especially for those that have endured Withdean for 10 years and gone to many away games... Just a thought but in a way i'm shitting it I won't get a ticket for that first game!!!

Im sure you'll get loads cause the Withdeans abit.. well yeah, but your away support is quality :smile: Butttt i cant see you selling 15500. Saints sell about 12000 season tickets which i imagine is similar to what you will sell because we usually have exelent home support, which i think you will have when falmer comes. but i think if you go up to the championship, which isn't that unlikely, then you will sell nearer that target. if not i think the 12000 mark is a bit more realistic :smile: :falmer:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My only worry is that many people will buy a season ticket (corporates especially) and then not ACTUALLY use it. I know the club will still have the money but it may mean some fans miss out to go cause the game is 'sold out'.

This is a real worry of mine as well. I mean, there must be hundreds of either current season ticket holders or newbies who are all wanting to buy season tickets and not use them.

Nick Rowles

Naughty Nick
Jan 20, 2010
Uxbridge
I'll be happily driving down from South Bucks each week for our last season at Withdean, just to make sure my STH gets me into Falmer on Day 1.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Logically there should be HUGE demand for Season Tickets:

1. Over the past 10 years there's probably been quite a turnover of STHs at Withdean - probably well over 10,000 people have had STs at Withdean during that time, possibly 15,000+. Some may have moved away (or died!), but a good percentage will be wanting to buy a ST at Falmer;
2. Friends/family of STHs;
3. The older generation who couldn't put up with the crap conditions at Withdean, who will be very much looking forward to watching football with a roof over their heads;
4. People attracted by the WOW factor;
5. Fairweather fans who are just waking up to the fact that B&HA will have one of the best stadiums in the UK;
6. Fans who were never STHs, but who went every now and again to Withdean, but gradually got pissed off with the atmosphere, etc.

This group quite possibly numbers in excess of 20,000. It would actually surprise me if we sold fewer than 10,000.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
The only problem I see from the new season ticket holders at Falmer, which has probably been pointed out before, is that the away tickets will be harder to purchase for us fans (been a season ticket holder for 8 years) that have been going to away games, throughout the past years.

As others say though the new fans will only be good for the club as they bring in finance as well as a bigger fan base.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I've said all along 22,000 isn't enough:tantrum:

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
Albion away fan but for 2011/12 will be buying 2 season tickets and giving up the away games; won't be able to make the midweek home games but first season at falmer is history; and they could copy cardiff's idea of first season souvenir programmes with the front cover in the colours of the opposition [palarse excluded of course]

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Cant really pin a number that we will get regularly. However what is really interesting (to me anyway) is the number of people i have spoken to through cricket, local football and just being out and about in Tunbridge Wells, how many 'dormant' fans there are.

I had no idea how many people of my age - around 40 - used to get the old 729 bus down on a saturday, how many used to go up to London away games and who are hoping to get season tickets.

I know a lot of people talk about the lost youth of Brighton fan-wise - but I think that even given the current economic climate there is a big middle age number of fans who could start coming back - with a bit of spending power. Could be interesting.

Agreed. When I moved to TW in 1980 there were loads of Albion fans around. On the recent trip to The Valley, at least 15 of us got off the last train home at TW Central! Most very pissed I might add.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Agreed. When I moved to TW in 1980 there were loads of Albion fans around. On the recent trip to The Valley, at least 15 of us got off the last train home at TW Central! Most very pissed I might add.

There is no doubt that West Ham and Charlton (and maybe Millwall and Gillingham) have picked up football fans in West Kent who would have otherwise have gravitated towards Brighton in years gone by. With Falmer, Gus/Bloom and The Orchestra of Flair there already seems to be a heightened interest in Brighton. If we can sustain some success for the next few years we will win back young fans choosing who to support and we'll get older fans coming back - I'm hearing this from 30/40 year olds all the time now.

There's no reason to assume this is diffeent in West Sussex and North Sussex. We just need to capitalise on the early interest (ie do well for our first two seasons at Falmer at least) and for Falmer to deliver the experience that we all think it will.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here