johnhammond

Neither John, nor Hammond
Jan 17, 2008
Utrecht
Various types of this brand sadly (through necessity) - not bad, but not great:
Daiya-Cheddar-Style-Shreds.jpg

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I've bought none. I am hoping my father has not managed to source some Epoisse. :sick:

I remember one holiday in France whereby every food item that had been in the fridge was sponsored by Epoisse and that included the vacuum packed yoghurts.

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We have a whole fridge shelf full too...all sorts - bu the best at the moment is a cheddar with pickled onions, M&S do it but its better direct from the snowdonia cheese company...

St Agur is good with gherkins as well.

We also have Brie De Meux - eat it too early - shite - eat it too late - amonia and you may as well clean your bowels with it - eat it when its just right - heaven.

St Agur is raaather decent, a good soft texture with enough tang from the blue parts.
Brie HAS to be yellowed in the middle at least. The vapid plain white gear is tasteless. And Cornish/Somerset Brie rules the roost.

Then there's Havarti, which is loverly, great with egg. Scrambled egg and cheese is a delight.
Jarlsberg is good too, and on occasion I like the soft mozzarrella balls which look like egg-shapes and come in a liquid, inside a bag.

Tesco Somerset Brie is good and gooey with a strong taste, not tried the Cornish. I do like Brie with Cranberry sauce. Lidl own brand sauce with whole cranberries in is best but they don't seem to be stocking it this year, I even take a supply to France on hols as I do like my Brie in fresh baguette. Other than that a decent Cheddar with home made chutney will do very nicely.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Xmas evening we're doing a "cheese of the world" evening where people bring round cheeses from around the world with an accompanying wine......have to leave some space in the old belly

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
I always get that festive award winning Israeli cheese for the Festive season.

What was starting to look like a futile search for a piece of Roquefort almost resulted in Christmas at Bracknell Towers being ruined - until I eventually managed to track down the few packs left in Tescos. I got no help from the otherwise very pleasant woman on the cheese counter at Waitrose, who simply told me that Roquefort was "disgusting stuff". But, no matter.

What cheeses will grace the NSC boards this holiday?

Here we have:-

Roquefort
Stilton
Two varieties of Cheddar
Brie
Boursin
Le Roulé
Gorgonzola
and some Parmesan

A bit low on English, I think.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Stilton
Cashel Blue
Castello
Camembert
Wensleydale
Red Leicester
Port Salut
Gouda
Strong Cheddar and some cream cheeses with loads of crackers, Half baked rolls and wine to wash it down. Cant wait to get stuck into it all even if I did forget to get the Gorgonzola.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
A touch of the Roquefort , The Emperor Cheese.

Plus

One of the finest Cheddars currently on the market from the Isle of Mull. If you like your cheeses strong you will love this.

Oh, and the obligatory

Pont L'Eveque

The greatest cheese known to mankind , and a 1/2!

Merry Christmas one and all

TNBA

TTF

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Great idea. We had a fabulous night with 'The Roving Fromagiere' look it up on the internet.
A sort of wine connoisseurs evening but with cheese. A long way to come from Glasgow mind but Phoebe Weller is quite splendid.

Enjoy.

TNBA

TTF

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I went mad in La Cave a Fromage yesterday, bought seven cheeses

Can't remember them all: there's a Montgomery Cheddar, a Brie and a delicious blue called Colziel (or something)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stilton
Brie
Cheddar
Cheddar with chutney (YUM!)
Pie D'Anglais
Camanbert
Goats Cheese
Stinking Bishop
Red Leicester

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
The citizens of Gorgonzola, in the province of Milan, dispute that. They claim to have been making the stuff since 879AD.

Under Italian law, Gorgonzola enjoys Protected Geographical Status. Termed DOC in Italy, this means that it can only be produced in the provinces of Novara, Bergamo, Brescia, Como, Cremona, Cuneo, Lecco, Lodi, Milan, Pavia, Varese, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola and Vercelli, as well as a number of comuni in the area of Casale Monferrato (province of Alessandria).

Nothing like chicken tikka masala, which was invented in Glasgow. Allegedly.

It could be ive read an urban legend but you would also think that there would be documented evidence seeing Stilton wasn't around till the 1700's, thats about 800 years of history to provide some proof of providence. Yea and the DOC for Stilton does't include the town of Stilton, thats the EU for you.

Your right theres nothing like CTM, its muck.

Merry Christmas.:)

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here