Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What CHEESE have you bought?

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
Got some belters this year. Still miffed my local shop doesn't do Longman Strongman anymore as they say it doesn't keep.

However I'll shortly be hacking into Lincolnshire Poacher, Cambuzola, Shopshire Blue, Barkham Blue and something that was just marked as Caved Aged Cheddar.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I presume that's a word of some sort? let me look it up........................................yep!! HARD CHEESE. :kiss:

Not like this stuff-well i like it
images

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
if you like your cheeses & i do very much,france is superb,although the prices have rocketed since the bloody euro

but,that said,i really do miss red leicester,espcially on toast with a dash of mustard

St Agur is raaather decent, a good soft texture with enough tang from the blue parts.
Brie HAS to be yellowed in the middle at least. The vapid plain white gear is tasteless. And Cornish/Somerset Brie rules the roost.

Then there's Havarti, which is loverly, great with egg. Scrambled egg and cheese is a delight.
Jarlsberg is good too, and on occasion I like the soft mozzarrella balls which look like egg-shapes and come in a liquid, inside a bag.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Not a great lover of cheese. Have a big slab of chedder, some Wenslydale with cranberries, and the missus has a fair slab of brie and something that looks like its got peppers or chillis in it???

Really, really hate stinky cheeses:sick:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
We've got quite a selection, as always -

Mexican chilli cheddar
Farmhouse mature cheddar
Brie
Camembert
Boursin
Port Salut
Applewood
Stilton
Something with cranberries in it

Maybe a couple of others too...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
What was starting to look like a futile search for a piece of Roquefort almost resulted in Christmas at Bracknell Towers being ruined - until I eventually managed to track down the few packs left in Tescos. I got no help from the otherwise very pleasant woman on the cheese counter at Waitrose, who simply told me that Roquefort was "disgusting stuff". But, no matter.

What cheeses will grace the NSC boards this holiday?

Here we have:-

Roquefort
Stilton
Two varieties of Cheddar
Brie
Boursin
Le Roulé
Gorgonzola
and some Parmesan

A bit low on English, I think.

Gorgonzola is an English cheese, it was invented by visiting Italians who saw the English eating mouldy cheese, stilton, so allowed one of their brands to gomouldy to sell in the UK. Cant remember which type of eyetie cheese it was though.

A bit like chicken Tikka Masala.

Gorgonzola is an English cheese, it was invented by visiting Italians who saw the English eating mouldy cheese, stilton, so allowed one of their brands to gomouldy to sell in the UK. Cant remember which type of eyetie cheese it was though.

A bit like chicken Tikka Masala.
The citizens of Gorgonzola, in the province of Milan, dispute that. They claim to have been making the stuff since 879AD.

Under Italian law, Gorgonzola enjoys Protected Geographical Status. Termed DOC in Italy, this means that it can only be produced in the provinces of Novara, Bergamo, Brescia, Como, Cremona, Cuneo, Lecco, Lodi, Milan, Pavia, Varese, Verbano-Cusio-Ossola and Vercelli, as well as a number of comuni in the area of Casale Monferrato (province of Alessandria).

Nothing like chicken tikka masala, which was invented in Glasgow. Allegedly.

dexter

Apr 25, 2011
cant be arsed to read the whole thread but i have stilton , gorgonzola and not sure anyone has yet mentioned roule

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here