Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What CHEESE have you bought?

What was starting to look like a futile search for a piece of Roquefort almost resulted in Christmas at Bracknell Towers being ruined - until I eventually managed to track down the few packs left in Tescos. I got no help from the otherwise very pleasant woman on the cheese counter at Waitrose, who simply told me that Roquefort was "disgusting stuff". But, no matter.

What cheeses will grace the NSC boards this holiday?

Here we have:-

Roquefort
Stilton
Two varieties of Cheddar
Brie
Boursin
Le Roulé
Gorgonzola
and some Parmesan

A bit low on English, I think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Have seriously given the eye to the £6 reduced to £3 GIANT semi-circle of Brie in Saino's at something called 'The New England Quarter'.

Will prob wait til its reduced in the sales to £1.50 tho eh :thumbsup:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Well MY LORD-i have two on the plate right now

Cheddar with caramelised onion & cranberry chutney

&

White Stilton with grand marnier redcurrent & orange

Nothing like the £30 a slab jobs from cheese shops,just good old fashioned Tesco's,still very nice indeed..

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
Cambozola my current fave. My mother bought me a whole wheel of stilton one year. Made myself sick and haven't been able to touch it since

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Can somebody please explain what all the fuss about Brie is? pointless cheese

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
May I take this chance to recommend Ami De Chambertin? A brandy steeped soft cheese that, left at room temperature, will make a concerted attempt to leave the room of its own accord. Smells like hell and tastes like heaven.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Reallyreallyreally nice with butter and bacon in a fresh baguette :thumbsup:

Hmmm-i know it's a taste thing,an acquired taste thing at that,bit like olives maybe,but i just don't like the stuff-tastes of nothing to me-maybe that's where i have been going wrong..

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
my favourite cheese is saint-marcellin from the isere dept,if you ever see it try some,if you like soft cheeses

my bro-in-law normally brings the cheese,doesn't trust an anglais,can't pronounce most of them,but they are very nice with the appropriate vin rouge bien sur

incidently he never keeps his cheese in the fridge

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Reallyreallyreally nice with butter and bacon in a fresh baguette :thumbsup:

My missus agrees,she says it sound nice.....and no especially after your escapades in the Off licence earlier(fancy not licking the floor-tut tut) you cannot have her number..

May I take this chance to recommend Ami De Chambertin? A brandy steeped soft cheese that, left at room temperature, will make a concerted attempt to leave the room of its own accord. Smells like hell and tastes like heaven.
For the same reason, I'd recommend Munster. From Alsace, not Ireland (although the story is that it was invented by Irish monks).

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Saint Agur is my fave, also got Stilton,Mature Cheddar, Wensleydale and Cranberry,Edam, Brie and a couple of others.

Oh yeah, and Dairylea!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I see Lord B has rightfully placed Roquefort at the top of his cheese list.

Tubthumper Towers has Roquefort, Appenzella, Reblochon (a great cheese from a great part of the world) and my show off piece Mustaleima Sulatejuusto. A good friend is seeing a Finnish girl and her family own a cheese producing farm and this was a gift.

I have oat biscuits and quince jelly to accompany my dairy treats.

Christmas is all about the cheese.

Dandyman

In London village.
Colston Bassett Stilton
Montgomery's Cheddar

Right traditional, me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here