Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Starmer on views of his Transport Secretary, Louise Haigh

“Well, look, that's not the view of the government.”

:facepalm:
Strange - they were the views of the shadow goverment at the time. Amazing how views can change when you get power.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
If the future of our country relies on throwing your own minister under a bus to appease the likes of DP World, then I despair.

The P and O scandal is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the behaviour of this corporate behemoth across the world. But apparently they, and others like them, are the answer to our economic woes. Jaysus.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If the future of our country relies on throwing your own minister under a bus to appease the likes of DP World, then I despair.

The P and O scandal is just the tip of the iceberg regarding the behaviour of this corporate behemoth across the world. But apparently they, and others like them, are the answer to our economic woes. Jaysus.
Heaven forbid workers rights should be protected.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Years to get ready for government, years of calling the shots from the other side, now the ball is is in your caught Free Gear…

“But after a bumpy start, there is anxiety that this might be more than the usual stumbles of a government getting used to the vagaries of office, and instead the symptoms of a dysfunctional No 10 operation, and even a lack of political acumen at the top”

They’ll be gone in 5 years if this first 100 days is anything to go by.

5-0 and you f***ed it up 🤦

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
They’ll be gone in 5 years if this first 100 days is anything to go by.
I‘m willing to bet it will Starmer who will be gone (from an internal leadership challenge) not the Labour government.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Starmer on views of his Transport Secretary, Louise Haigh

“Well, look, that's not the view of the government.”

:facepalm:
Regardless of one’s view on the particular matter of the sacking and rehiring undertaken by P&O Ferries, the Government really must get their act together.
The first 100 days have not impressed and the old school report phrase of ,’could do better’ will have to read ‘must do better’.
😳

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
this 100 day thing overlooks the summer holidays, parliament in recess and people away. doesn't explain the unforced error over WFP, the cash for wardrobes. reserve judgement to the budget and if by christmas they done something more than words to open up building and development.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Zeb, you beat me to it re Starmer!

And I wouldn’t blame him. A nightmare job in this media and social media age (including from nefarious foreign agent provocateurs). Imho the last two pm’s who had calm control and some focus were Blair and Cameron. Seems like an age ago.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
this 100 day thing overlooks the summer holidays, parliament in recess and people away. doesn't explain the unforced error over WFP, the cash for wardrobes. reserve judgement to the budget and if by christmas they done something more than words to open up building and development.

The 100 Days thing is silly. Another daft Americanism.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here