Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The end of Rangers?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Is there not a possibility that if they are thrown out of the SPL they will take it to civil court and thus stop the season starting in Scotland.

That is the reason that FIFA have always insisted that clubs always refer issues to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and not to the civil courts as the final arbiter but Rangers having stepped over that line once will surely do so again. If they do though the sanctions will be as extreme as the SFA can manage bearing in mind that they in turn are under review for not having punished Rangers appropriately for going to court this time round. There's a long way to go and Rangers will do all they can to bully other clubs and the SFA into submission. It's what they do best it seems and there is a real risk that they might bring the whole of Scottish football crashing down with them unless one side or the other backs off

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
The irony of a Hearts fan criticising Rangers after the way their club has been run over the last few years is simply breathtaking!!

Definitely a post worth posting twice. See my earlier 'pot calling kettle black' post.

Press in Glasgow this morning full of our Gordon Smith calling on rangers to demote themselves.

At least it will clear the air and I think, certainly from chatting to Rangers supporting friendsI think that it would draw a line under the whole affair and let the Rangers fans buy their season tickets with some clarity of purpose.

Can't help think though that there care 11 other clubs in the SPL with anxious CEOs, hopeful that further investigation into their affairs , doesn't take place.

TNBA

TTF

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
The irony of a Hearts fan criticising Rangers after the way their club has been run over the last few years is simply breathtaking!!

I don't think many Hearts fans are particularly complimentary about how their club is run.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Just seen on the news that this Newco are rumoured to have run out of cash, be laughable if they have gone bust before they've even started. They make Pompey or Palace look financially competent

Maybe Bury can buy them out.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Good .... and yet we have the scummers down the road screwing their creditors for the 2nd time in 2yrs and the FA basically do FA and let the crook who led them down that path before possibly take them over again .... you couldn't make it up...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If a new Rangers enters a Scottish league will it be able to take the history of the old Rangers with it?

No it starts from scratch , unless you happen to be a Rangers fan in which case the answer is yes :lolol:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Is it a possibility that Rangers or a team called Rangers playing at Ibrox will simply cease to exist ?

Sure I saw a story a few days ago that two property developers from Glasgow, were preparing to bid £11 million for the stadium etc.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sure I saw a story a few days ago that two property developers from Glasgow, were preparing to bid £11 million for the stadium etc.

Retail Park ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here