Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Get rid

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Good to see that at least some of the clubs in Scotland are going to vote for sporting integrity :thumbsup:

SPL pair vow to block Rangers bid - Footymad
You think?

It should be clear - send them to division 3. I bet what happens is that they vote them out of the SPL but allow them into Div 1. One season out of the top flight, so as not to upset the Sky TV deal. If that happens then I'd say "integrity my arse".

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
As a Hearts fan, I'm delighted that our glorious leader came out and did the right thing in confirming that we will vote no to Newco. It's beginning to look like the new Rangers best hope is being voted into Div 3 of the SFL.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You think?

It should be clear - send them to division 3. I bet what happens is that they vote them out of the SPL but allow them into Div 1. One season out of the top flight, so as not to upset the Sky TV deal. If that happens then I'd say "integrity my arse".

If that happens I'd say you'd be right.

But I'm not sure that would be down to the SPL clubs - a bit like down here they can only vote the club in or out and it's up to the next tier down clubs to decide from there. More than capable of being rigged though.....................

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
so 3 no votes so far not looking great and Motherwell will let the fans decide

Cally too.

I guess it makes sense for clubs to very publicly "leave it to the fans to decide" given the number of death threats they are likely to get :(

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
As a Hearts fan, I'm delighted that our glorious leader came out and did the right thing in confirming that we will vote no to Newco. It's beginning to look like the new Rangers best hope is being voted into Div 3 of the SFL.

And if you ever needed to see a classic case of 'pot calling kettle black' just look at Mr Romanov's statement last night. The last person in Scottish Football who should have opened his mooth.
Hearts and integrity are not really words usually found in the same sentence.
Kicking Rangers out fo the SPL will be suicide for all the other clubs, irrespective of rights or wrongs or pathetic posturing as to moral issues. Scottish Football is nearly dead.

TNBA

TTF

Pat McCrotch

Lurker
Oct 25, 2005
Shoreham-by-the-sea
And if you ever needed to see a classic case of 'pot calling kettle black' just look at Mr Romanov's statement last night. The last person in Scottish Football who should have opened his mooth.
Kicking Rangers out fo the SPL will be suicide for all the other clubs, irrespective of rights or wrongs or pathetic posturing as to moral issues. Scottish Football is nearly dead.

TNBA

TTF

Then let it die. Saving one club in order to save the whole of Scottish football is not a healthy situation if you ask me.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

TNBA

TTF

and rangers are to blame for it, and they will get what they deserve

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
I guess, depending on how you look at it, it's a case of "turkeys voting for Christmas" or "Christmas postponed for a couple of years..............enjoy"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So how would they have managed if Rangers if got relegated then? Surely they'll just have to cut their cloth according to their means. Anyone else can see that kicking Rangers to div 3 (and so circumnavigating that shite 10-2 rule) would create a real opportunity to restructure the league properly.

I do chuckle at FF and some of the indignant twats on there, making moral judgements on everybody else's voting decisions. You'd think that it was everyone elses fault that they need to find a solution to a MESS that this shitty bigoted club have created.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North

TNBA

TTF

With the greatest of respect, Miles, that is a load of Weegiecentric guff. Rangers haven't been kicked out of the SPL. They are now defunct. A new club called The Rangers wants to be admitted into the SPL and pretend it is the same as the old club. It isn't.

The implications of the new Rangers being admitted into the SPL are at least as serious from a financial point of view to most clubs in the SPL as them being allowed back in. Dundee Utd, who have a very decent young team and had a very good season, reported yesterday that they had sold 1700 season tickets compared to 4100 this time last year. That is as a direct result of supporters refusing to renew until the club confirms that they are voting No to Newco.

Rangers systematically cheated their way to about a 20 odd trophies over the last 20 odd years, using dual contracts, EBTs, getting the pathetic lapdogs and succulent lamb munchers of the Weegie Press to do "Sir" David's bidding, embarrasssing the whole of Scotland with their bigoted songs and thuggery in Manchesterand then replacing "Sir" David with a guy who didn't pay one penny of tax in the whole 10 month period he was in charge of the club. This is all against a backdrop of Rantic, both members of Scotland's shame whoring themselves to Sky, the English FA, Football League, Atlantic League or anyone else who will have them.

Surprisingly enough, most of the other members of the SPL are not keen on letting Newco back in with everything back to normal. Unsurprisingly, one of the few clubs who havent made their opinion clear is Celtic. Their odious chief executive will almost certainly vote no, as he sees which way the wind is blowing, and to appease his support much of whom are also withholding season ticket money pending the vote.

Scottish football will be in a much better place without Newco The Rangers in the SPL next season. Let them apply to join the SFL, start at the bottom, detox the brand, learn a bit of humility and come back to the SPL in three years time as a club that Glasgow and Scotland can be proud of.

Vladimir has a lot of faults but he has been consistent since day one about Scottish football being totally corrupted by the Glasgow Mafia. In this he has been proved absolutely correct and I salute him.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
As a Rangers fan I don't think I could live with being allowed to play in the SPL again, as if nothing has happened. Unfortunately a lot of them do.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
5Live this morning were reporting a demotion to Div 3 is likely to be impractical from a traffic / crowd safety issue, and that a demotion to Div 1 would be more likely.

They mentioned in this event Dundee would get promoted to the SPL as Team 12. Ironic that a Dundee Utd "No" vote to newco could help rivals Dundee get promoted.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
5Live this morning were reporting a demotion to Div 3 is likely to be impractical from a traffic / crowd safety issue, and that a demotion to Div 1 would be more likely.

Surely that can't be taken into account. The two issues are entirely unrelated.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007

I am surprised that "health and safety" hasn't been rolled out as the excuse to just give them the SPL championship as a right on a yearly basis............ I guess it's because the other bigots would challenge it as their right too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here