Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 195 56.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Only 20 years actually - 2004 was the last republican popular vote.

But the question was about the Democrats having a majority for a generation. As above - they have won the popular vote over the last 20 years. Which is a 'generation'. And anyway - you keep telling us that the massive influx in immigrants is just to get the Democrat vote up - and that this has been going on for ages. So - you're basically confirming this yourself!

You have seen the new voters?? And how do you know most of them are Republican?

I'm not down with the nitty gritty here but its to do with registering to vote in primaries as well, in fact in a closed primary you have to register your party preference. Not sure how this is done exactly but that what I was referring to having seen recent data.

Here is some old data, 6 months ago..

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not down with the nitty gritty here but its to do with registering to vote in primaries as well, in fact in a closed primary you have to register your party preference. Not sure how this is done exactly but that what I was referring to having seen recent data.

Here is some old data, 6 months ago..
Two thirds of registered voters expressed their preference. A third of all registered voters haven’t.
You said the newly registered voters were Republican.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Two thirds of registered voters expressed their preference. A third of all registered voters haven’t.
You said the newly registered voters were Republican.
Yes indeed.

You said "Voters have registered for the first time for this election. When it’s a two horse race, many didn’t bother, but there has been a good uptake of registrations this year."

Dingo said "Yes Ive seen them and most of them are Republican."

But what Dingo has posted a link to is the partisan identification of all registered voters. Not 'voters who have registered for the first time this election'. Not sure how they are drawing the conclusion that most newly registered voters are Republican from the article they have provided to show this!?

Dec 29, 2011
Dingo said "Yes Ive seen them and most of them are Republican."

But what Dingo has posted a link to is the partisan identification of all registered voters. Not 'voters who have registered for the first time this election'. Not sure how they are drawing the conclusion that most newly registered voters are Republican from the article they have provided to show this!?
This is Dingo's debate style.

1. He says something absurd and claims it's backed with a source
2. Gets queried on the source and posts something which is tangential at best
3. Someone correctly points out the source doesn't align with what was originally claimed.
4. Dingo says they're too stupid to understand, or that they've changed his original point, and proceeds to ignore any further posts on this topic.
5. Return to step 1 and repeat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This is Dingo's debate style.

1. He says something absurd and claims it's backed with a source
2. Gets queried on the source and posts something which is tangential at best
3. Someone correctly points out the source doesn't align with what was originally claimed.
4. Dingo says they're too stupid to understand, or that they've changed his original point, and proceeds to ignore any further posts on this topic.
5. Return to step 1 and repeat.
I guess Crawley Bingo has seen them all wearing MAGA baseball caps as they queue up to cast their ballot. :)

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Personally, I've had Dingo on the block list for a month or two now and it's made a very positive difference to me life. But I did think of him when watching the Brett Baier interview of Kamala Harris, where he intentionally played the wrong clip when talking about Trump's "enemy within" rhetoric. Harris clapped back, pointing out that he had deliberately misled his audience but Baier literally couldn't have cared less. That feels how Dingo is - wrong, but completely disinterested in being right.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Im not sure some people realise what a very serious crossroads America is at domestically nor what will happen globally after the election and the person whom my post was mainly in response to has conveniently ignored the answer I gave to his question. 🤷🏻‍♂️

For one thing, Israel is holding off retaliating with Iran and launching a direct attack on that Country until after the American election in the hope a Trump Presidency will support Israel taking out Iran’s nuclear facilities ( Trump has previously advocated war with Iran to do just that). That would mean all out war with US/allied involvement. Biden has been stalling on curtailing military backing to Israel because he doesn’t want to alienate the Jewish lobby. Trump is a known Netanyahu sympathiser.

A Biden Presidency would currently only back a limited response and attack on some of Iran’s military installations.

Russia too are currently hedging their bets knowing full well a Trump pro-Russia Presidency would withdraw aid from Ukraine and put pressure on Zelenskyy to concede territory to Putin.
You don't do irony, do you.........................

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Why on earth, Mr Owen, should Putin be treated with respect, after everything he's done. He doesn't treat anyone else with respect 🤷🏼‍♂️.
Its like Russia invading the UK and saying they can keep Kent and Essex, Foxtrot Oscar

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Now if I was a Republican of a certain kind I might point out that immediately after Trump worked at a McDonald's there was an outbreak of E. Coli in the Quarter Pounders served there. Coincidence?

But of course I'm NOT the kind of Republican that makes up things like certain GOP members. So I won't.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
You don't do irony, do you.........................

I do. Mostly. Head in Hands = ironic response 🤷‍♂️ Probably more a case is I’m not good with understanding emojis or always using the most appropriate ! 🙂

The text in my post wasn’t directed at you btw but at those that don’t seem to realise how serious an issue this election is.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Personally, I've had Dingo on the block list for a month or two now and it's made a very positive difference to me life. But I did think of him when watching the Brett Baier interview of Kamala Harris, where he intentionally played the wrong clip when talking about Trump's "enemy within" rhetoric. Harris clapped back, pointing out that he had deliberately misled his audience but Baier literally couldn't have cared less. That feels how Dingo is - wrong, but completely disinterested in being right.
But Dingo does have some purpose in our lives - because it makes us check some of the bollocks they spout on here - which leads us to learn more about things ourselves. For example, I'd never heard of 'Purple States' or 'Flying Immigrants' until they started going on about them. So - every cloud and all that!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Not sure how many people in the UK have ever seen an American ballot paper. This is my Arizona ballot for the November election - and yes, it genuinely is FOUR pages long :ohmy:

Ballot1.jpg

Ballot2.jpg

Ballot3.jpg

Ballot4.jpg

Voting in the US is definitely NOT a 5-minute job! A little bit more convoluted than a UK General Election. Just for good measure you get sent some "pamphlets" to aid your decision-making - this one a mere 354 pages (it mainly consists of arguments for and against the various propositions on the ballot):-

Ballot5.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here