Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 129 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 195 56.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Not sure how many people in the UK have ever seen an American ballot paper. This is my Arizona ballot for the November election - and yes, it genuinely is FOUR pages long :ohmy:

View attachment 190777

View attachment 190778

View attachment 190779

View attachment 190780

Voting in the US is definitely NOT a 5-minute job! A little bit more convoluted than a UK General Election. Just for good measure you get sent some "pamphlets" to aid your decision-making - this one a mere 354 pages (it mainly consists of arguments for and against the various propositions on the ballot):-

View attachment 190781
And yet Americans have one of lowest attention spans in the world !

Dec 29, 2011
Not sure how many people in the UK have ever seen an American ballot paper. This is my Arizona ballot for the November election - and yes, it genuinely is FOUR pages long :ohmy:

View attachment 190777

View attachment 190778

View attachment 190779

View attachment 190780

Voting in the US is definitely NOT a 5-minute job! A little bit more convoluted than a UK General Election. Just for good measure you get sent some "pamphlets" to aid your decision-making - this one a mere 354 pages (it mainly consists of arguments for and against the various propositions on the ballot):-

View attachment 190781
So interesting, thanks for posting.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

View attachment 190777

View attachment 190778

View attachment 190779

View attachment 190780

View attachment 190781
Ah. You get short ones in AZ then ;)

(actually I think ours might be a bit shorter this time, hard to tell, the local BoE won't give me a pdf of the ballot so I can see how long it would be - but you can see the "sample" ballot online and it has 31(!) questions)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Ah. You get short ones in AZ then ;)

(actually I think ours might be a bit shorter this time, hard to tell, the local BoE won't give me a pdf of the ballot so I can see how long it would be - but you can see the "sample" ballot online and it has 31(!) questions)
Do you have the option of early voting (either in person or mail-in)?

Thankfully we have mail-in voting here; if I had to actually go to a polling station on election day, potentially queue up and then fill in that monster I think I might be tempted to just give the whole thing a swerve.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Do you have the option of early voting (either in person or mail-in)?

Thankfully we have mail-in voting here; if I had to actually go to a polling station on election day, potentially queue up and then fill in that monster I think I might be tempted to just give the whole thing a swerve.
I could have requested a mail-in ballot, but I didn't bother this time. I could also vote early at the board of elections, but it's not terribly convenient to get to. It's downtown, but not really downtown. I work downtown, but it's still about a 20 minute walk from my office. Which is a bit much to pop out during lunch.

A lot of space on our ballot is taken up by judges running unopposed, so those you could skip those. I'm never sure if it makes any difference at all if I take the time to shade in those bubbles on the ballot or not.

The tricky bit is the judges who are running against somebody because those elections are "non-partisan", but really aren't. So they don't have party identifications. So I actually have to look those up ahead of time. It's why I go to the BoE website to see the ballot before I head to the polls.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can someone tell me please what are Harris’s views on;

Britain
Ukraine/Russia

Many thanks

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

View attachment 190777

View attachment 190778

View attachment 190779

View attachment 190780

View attachment 190781
Wow.

That must be beyond the capacity of most Trump supporters.

(Am I allowed to say that?)

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Can someone tell me please what are Harris’s views on;

Britain
Ukraine/Russia

Many thanks
She will honour the “special relationship” with the UK (All prospective American Presidents cart out that trope)

As far as Ukraine, she is similar to Biden (and will continue to aid Ukraine) however, her background in Law will make her more vocal than either Biden or Trump when it comes to Russia’s illegal occupation and alleged war crimes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here