Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.4%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 194 56.7%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yes, but we know that's all left wing lies and false information so we've got to vote for Mr. Trump to save the world and make America great again - he's the only one telling the truth, all the rest are liars ..........................

God bless save America, :facepalm:
I personally just don't think it's that black and white.

Take Russia / Ukraine for example many military experts believe trump will end the war. Yes Ukraine will likely lose out on a few things but what is better a continued expensive war with thousands dying or Ukraine losing some land ?

A lot of the left leaning media has trump as a war monger , yet Kamala has the ultimate war monger dick Cheney on her team !!

Why are two serious democrats in Kennedy jr and Tulsi gabbard backing trump ?

And so on.....

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
As each day passes the more I’m facing up to the fact that the world is facing another Trump term - either 4 years or however long it takes for a diet of McD’s to catch up with a late 70s fat bloke.

The attraction of populist rhetoric and policies cannot be underestimated, even if anyone with a brain can see that those policies couldn’t practically be implented. Just look at the effect the 350m bus had.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think its fair to say and this has been for some time, Trump has a free pass to say anything, whatever he says makes very little difference, its doesn't matter, its just publicity and profile. If you're MAGA you're still MAGA.

We have 2 candidates, one elected for rational reasons, another is a cult

The way I see it, the only way the Dems can pulled it off is with turnout. They are the majority and have been for a generation, only the bent system gives the GOP power.

The UK system isn't perfect but at least the party with the most vote always hold power either on their own or with a junior coalition partner

Last edited:

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Joe Rogan who was a registered Democrat said there was no way Trump would appear on his podcasts in 2016.

Guess who is appearing on the JRE on Friday?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Take Russia / Ukraine for example many military experts believe trump will end the war. Yes Ukraine will likely lose out on a few things but what is better a continued expensive war with thousands dying or Ukraine losing some land ?

A lot of the left leaning media has trump as a war monger , yet Kamala has the ultimate war monger dick Cheney on her team !!

And so on.....
I have a lot of questions on this...
  1. Do you think Russia will be content simply gaining some land?
  2. They gained land in Crimea, did that stop them coming back for more?
  3. Does Ukraine losing land also preclude thousands dying?
  4. Why would Ukraine just let Russia have a part of their country (again)?
  5. What actually is Trump's plan to end the war?

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Think its fair to say and this has been for some time, Trump has a free pass to say anything, whatever he says makes very little difference, its doesn't matter, its just publicity and profile. If you're MAGA you're still MAGA.

The way I see it, the only way the Dems can pulled it off is with turnout. They are the majority and have been for a generation, only the bent system gives the GOP power.

The UK system isn't perfect but at least the party with the most vote always hold power either on their own or with a junior coalition partner

What do you base this idea of the majority on?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
1) I don't know but what's the alternative ? Continued bloodshed ? Millions down the drain.
2) no
3) If the war stops then yes.
4) what's the alternative?
5) some kind of botched peace plan I'm guessing.

I would personally prefer an unfair ceasefire / end of war to continued bloodshed.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

Kamala elected? Are you sure?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Take Russia / Ukraine for example many military experts believe trump will end the war. Yes Ukraine will likely lose out ........
Yes, let me just stop you there. After Ukraine surrender completely, who will be next? Latvia? Moldova? Your guess is as good as mine (well, based on what you post, perhaps not).

And so on.....
Why are several million thick as shit, demented, conspiracy theorist supporters in America backing Trump? 'Stupidity' comes to mind .............................

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
1) I don't know but what's the alternative ? Continued bloodshed ? Millions down the drain.
2) no
3) If the war stops then yes.
4) what's the alternative?
5) some kind of botched peace plan I'm guessing.

I would personally prefer an unfair ceasefire / end of war to continued bloodshed.
You seem to have difficulty differentiating between ceasefire and surrender.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Total unconditional surrender and slavery for Ukraine.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Of course the war will end if Ukraine are forced to surrender.
I'm unsure how they can be forced to surrender 🤔. The US president can stop providing military or humanitarian aid if he or she wants. Other countries can make up their own mind. The US can pull out of NATO if they want.
Ukraine can keep fighting, even with less support, IF THEY WANT.
Whatever happens I am hoping for continuing enormous harm to be inflicted upon the Russian (and now North Korean) military, elite and economy.
,(I'm not having a dig at your post @pb21 🙂)

Last edited:

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Not with Winston Churchill's return in 1951.
13,717,851 votes for him BUT 13,948,385 for Clement Attlee.
321 to 295 seats out of 625 for the Tory.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
To be clear, neither of those two were ever really Democrats and certainly neither of them are serious! Both of them are properly head mental, so of course they would descend into Trump's cult. It's very tragic in some ways, even someone like JD Vance who only 8 years ago called Trump America's Hitler has fallen in line. Obviously, in the case of these three it's part of their personal grift opportunities.

But for people like you and the others on this thread who are 100% Trump, I don't get it.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
To be clear, neither of those two were ever really Democrats and certainly neither of them are serious! Both of them are properly head mental, so of course they would descend into Trump's cult. It's very tragic in some ways, even someone like JD Vance who only 8 years ago called Trump America's Hitler has fallen in line. Obviously, in the case of these three it's part of their personal grift opportunities.

But for people like you and the others on this thread who are 100% Trump, I don't get it.
I'm not 100% trump lol. I just try and see both sides.

Erm Tulsi Gabbard is a serious politician, she maybe an opportunist and more religious than the average Brit but she's definitely not head mental. She's probably achieved more in her political career than Kamala.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I'm not 100% trump lol. I just try and see both sides.

Erm Tulsi Gabbard is a serious politician, she maybe an opportunist and more religious than the average Brit but she's definitely not head mental. She's probably achieved more in her political career than Kamala.
What do you think Tulsi Gabbard has achieved that Vice President Kamala Harris hasn't?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here