Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 193 56.6%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interview with a Republican farmer couple. I think you will find a lot more of these people (Trump labels them RINO immediately) than you will find Democrats for Trump. But that may not change the results in the 7 battleground states which will ultimately determine the outcome of the 2024 US presidential election.

Bob and Kristina Lange interview

(Click on MSN)

What's most fascinating is the interview was done by Fox News.
Just hope there are more sensible folk like these people

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Give him a week and he'll be saying that he worked in McDonald's himself - and that Ronald himself said he's aced it, and there had never been a better Big Mac server - the best he'd ever seen in the history of Big Macs.
...and whilst we were talking he showed me his dick. Huuuuuuge and really strange colours.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
However contrived the whole thing was, Trump showing up and actually working the fries at McDonald's is probably the smartest bit of campaigning he's done all cycle. Pretty much everything else has been a disaster for him but that was a strong response to the criticism from Harris/Walz about him not being capable of working an ordinary job. The Harris campaign is now pivoting to focusing on other oddities about the old grifter.
So pretending to "actually work the fries" for 15 mins in a McD's that was actually closed down especially for him constitutes a "strong response" and shows him "being capable of working an ordinary job"??
He arrived and left in a cavalcade of cars ffs!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
So pretending to "actually work the fries" for 15 mins in a McD's that was actually closed down especially for him constitutes a "strong response" and shows him "being capable of working an ordinary job"??
He arrived and left in a cavalcade of cars ffs!
How he arrived and left is irrelevant - if you don't think the visual of him serving fries in a McDonalds' uniform is powerful then you're just wrong. I don't like the man at all and I think he should be beaten so much he cries and it's declared on the night of the election. But that was a good moment for him and certainly a much better performance than Vance in the donut shop!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
It's all of it put together. The constant lies and refusal to accept facts, passing them off as fake news. Over here Starmer got in a bit of bother for accepting a few gifts, but Trump could be owned by Musk and Putin.
Could be? -or- has already demonstrated that he is?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH

05_dukakis.jpg

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
How he arrived and left is irrelevant - if you don't think the visual of him serving fries in a McDonalds' uniform is powerful then you're just wrong. I don't like the man at all and I think he should be beaten so much he cries and it's declared on the night of the election. But that was a good moment for him and certainly a much better performance than Vance in the donut shop!
Better than Vance ordering donuts is a pretty low bar though.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
No doubt the Trump lickers will scream "lawfare" again:

From the (only) debate:

This is the most divisive presidency in the history of our country. There's never been anything like it. They're destroying our country. And they come up with things like what she just said going back many, many years when a lot of people including Mayor Bloomberg agreed with me on the Central Park Five. They admitted—they said, they pled guilty. And I said, well, if they pled guilty they badly hurt a person, killed a person ultimately. And if they pled guilty—then they pled we're not guilty.

They have a strong case because this is straight up defamation. They never pled guilty and the victim (that they had nothing to do with), in fact, did not die. Trump is quite exposed here. Again.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles down, as is his instinct when threatened.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Bidenomics:

US poised to outpace other advanced economies.

No doubt Donald will claim it's because the IMF expect him to win the election or some nonsense.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bidenomics:

US poised to outpace other advanced economies.

No doubt Donald will claim it's because the IMF expect him to win the election or some nonsense.

I just don't get it although, having said that, I ought to given the grip the Tories have on 'economic sense' over here -- just witness the noise generated on the Labour threads currently from posters who have been oh so quiet over the past 14 years.
Biden has a strong record on the economy, better than Trump and, as you show, better than the rest of the leading economies by a considerable distance and yet all you hear from vox pops is economy this, economy that. This is one take on it from across the pond:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
It's all of it put together. The constant lies and refusal to accept facts, passing them off as fake news. Over here Starmer got in a bit of bother for accepting a few gifts, but Trump could be owned by Musk and Putin.
I don’t disagree, but don’t underestimate the extent to which Democrats are in the pockets of their big donors too, all of which are, well, less than ideal. It’s not a black and white issue.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
And a much better performance than stopping by a gas station and buying Doritos (only took 4 takes).

which in turn led to this mockery of holy communion…how to win the catholic vote, eh?

They are just campaign events, I don’t get the hysteria behind everyone’s reactions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here