Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 128 37.5%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 193 56.6%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The amount of bedwetting here really does scream international break.
If Trump gets elected the ‘bed wetting ‘ will be fully justified. This isn’t a football game.

Democrat leaders and many political observers in the States are talking about Trump gaining momentum in the past few days.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
If Trump gets elected the ‘bed wetting ‘ will be fully justified. This isn’t a football game.

Democrat leaders and many political observers in the States are talking about Trump gaining momentum in the past few days.
I'm very well away it's not a game.

How, exactly, do you think Trump is gaining momentum? Is it from swaying around on a stage for 40 minutes listening artists who have demanded he not play their music? Is it declaring himself the father of IVF at a women-only Town Hall? Genuinely, I have no idea what people are worrying about, other than nervousness at the seriousness of the outcome of the election. He narrowly won the Electoral College in 2016 with tiny majorities in the small handful of states necessary because the elections are heavily weighted in favour of the Republican party. That's an undeniable fact of the current system so even when they nominate the absolute worst candidate imaginable, they're going to be basically neck and neck.

He lost the vote in 2016, lost everything in 2020 and he will do so again in 2024. He is the worst major party candidate in modern history and will be remembered as a shitstain on American political history.

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

How, exactly, do you think Trump is gaining momentum? Is it from swaying around on a stage for 40 minutes listening artists who have demanded he not play their music? Is it declaring himself the father of IVF at a women-only Town Hall? Genuinely, I have no idea what people are worrying about, other than nervousness at the seriousness of the outcome of the election. He narrowly won the Electoral College in 2016 with tiny majorities in the small handful of states necessary because the elections are heavily weighted in favour of the Republican party. That's an undeniable fact of the current system so even when they nominate the absolute worst candidate imaginable, they're going to be basically neck and neck.

He lost the vote in 2016, lost everything in 2020 and he will do so again in 2024. He is the worst major party candidate in modern history and will be remembered as a shitstain on American political history.
I really hope you are correct.

Sadly, I don't think you are.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
the polls, mostly
Depends which polls you look at, but even then - don't be too worried about polls with a margin of error of 3/4+ points and the margin between the candidates is only a point or two. It's just about the sampling. It doesn't matter at all - what matters is getting voters to get out and vote.

Georgia's early voting numbers should be a massive boost for the Democratic campaign.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

I hope you're right.
Your optimism is to be applauded

DJ Chi

Mar 10, 2023
i saw a montage of news clips today where Trump definitely seems to be going the same way as Biden. The frequency with which he completely loses his train of thought, says the wrong word without knowing it (Like Orange instead of Orlando) then sort of realises he said it wrong but rather than correct it, he freezes , looks up to the sky for what seems like minutes comes back to the microphone, mutters some giberish and either changes the subject or leaves. There was some suggestion he might not even last a year if he wins and his backroom are already preparing for Vance to take over at some point!
It's thought that this one of the reasons Musk is throwing his weight behind Trump - Vance is in bed with Peter Thiel and other Silicon Valley technocrats with questionable beliefs

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

How, exactly, do you think Trump is gaining momentum?

I actually didn’t say Trump was gaining momentum.

I said:

My point is, your comment about people on this thread “bed-wetting” says you are playing down the fact this election is on a knife edge. There’s never been an election where candidates are neck and neck in key swing States going into the last fortnight of a campaign.

People who are following this election carefully ie people with far more experience than you or I, and are analysing all polling trends closely are very concerned because they believe Harris has lost her earlier momentum while Trump is gaining again having dropped behind in recent months.

ALL polls coming in now are within the 3% margin of error which means the election is a TOSS UP.

There is no real basis at this point other than hubris to say “he will lose the vote” as you proclaim.

So yes, not “bed wetting” as if we have lost one game of football and imagining therefore we’ll end up at the bottom of the table but people on this thread expressing genuine concern based on the facts as they are, that there is basically a 50% chance Trump could be the next President of the United States. ☹️

Last edited:

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I actually didn’t say Trump was gaining momentum.

I said:

My point is, your comment about people on this thread “bed-wetting” says you are playing down the fact this election is on a knife edge. There’s never been an election where candidates are neck and neck in key swing States going into the last fortnight of a campaign.

People who are following this election carefully ie people with far more experience than you or I, and are analysing all polling trends closely are very concerned because they believe Harris has lost her earlier momentum while Trump is gaining again having dropped behind in recent months.

ALL polls coming in now are within the 3% margin of error which means the election is a TOSS UP.

There is no real basis at this point other than hubris to say “he will lose the vote” as you proclaim.

So yes, not “bed wetting” as if we have lost one game of football and imagining therefore we’ll end up at the bottom of the table but people on this thread expressing genuine concern based on the facts as they are, that there is basically a 50% chance Trump could be the next President of the United States. ☹️
It really depends on who you're listening to and how much value you put in their thoughts. It's all noise that will be forgotten when the votes are counted, the results are in and president-elect Harris is preparing to take office. The biggest problem with the election is the amount of coverage and the desperate need for all of the "news" outlets to fill time throughout the day. So they put on people who will say something that gets traction, but it's all just noise and irrelevance.

People can panic as much as they want and it's not out of proportion - the world needs the Democrats to win the presidency and hopefully win the Senate and the House as well. If Trump sleepwalks into another presidential term then all hell will break loose, again. I am confident history is going to show the Trump campaign as one of the biggest failures in political history and just purely an opportunity for him to grift off his supporters - which, to be fair, he is absolutely incredible at.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Why do black Americans majorly lean to the Democrats? Many of them have been there multiple generations longer than any European, Hispanic or Asian immigrant.

Because they haven't assimilated, ie racism. although the creation of the welfare state and the southern strategy played a major part.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I am confident history is going to show the Trump campaign as one of the biggest failures in political history and just purely an opportunity for him to grift off his supporters - which, to be fair, he is absolutely incredible at.

I truly hope you are correct but I feel this election could go either way and many who have hated the political wrangling MIGHT walk away and NOT vote. We all truly need to hope the weather in the US especially the blue wall states (Wisc, Mich & Penna) and N Carolina & Georgia cooperates to allow as many people to vote as possible. If you know an American who can vote encourage them to vote that day. It will be extremely, extremely close!!!!

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
No, you don’t - see comment below. You are building a Ponzi scheme of falsehoods to produce conspiracy theories.

I’d like to see some voting data on the suggestion that immigrants feel they don’t ‘need’ democratic policies CD or swing significantly to the right:

Pew Research for example has second generation immigrants (ie the fully assimilated offspring of new/first gens) overwhelmingly aligned to democrats

View attachment 190424

No - it is not. You are fabricating a solution to a conspiracy theory that the left are engaging in some form of social engineering to bolster electoral support.

The left stops immigrants swinging to the right (if they are indeed doing so in large numbers which is doubtful) by countering the lies promulgated by Trump that the economy and immigration is worse under Biden/Harris than it was or will be under a Trump Presidency.

Yes, the ‘death of democracy’ under Trump is a very real possibility.

An end to identity politics and a greater focus on one nation politics might not be a bad thing if Trump wins - identity politics has been weaponised by the right to be divisive, scapegoating and a justification to cast blame on immigration for all ills in society. Unless there are routes to equitable engagement and representation in political governance, identity politics turns into a tool for discrimination and exclusion. Project 2025’s policy of using the National Guard for mass deportation of immigrants and DACAs is where Trump stands on ‘identity politics’. We can do without that thank you.

That graph suggests a welfare drag effect and less likelyhood to assimilate in high immigrant areas proving my point.

" identity politics has been weaponised by the right to be divisive, scapegoating and a justification to cast blame on immigration for all ills in society."

Not the left with their "white men evil" shtick? Or fragmenting people into Irish-whatever-Americans or brits I could go on but I like short sweet posts..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here