Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 122 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 185 56.6%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I beg to disagree. Trumps rhetoric, desires for autocracy and using national guard against any dissenting "enemies within" opponents has all the hallmarks of fascism.

Whether that's a mistake to verbalise it, I dunno :shrug:
Worth remembering that the left (me included, I would imagine) spent most of the 80s calling Thatcher a fascist.

And yet it took her own side to get rid of her. Allowing them to win yet another general election.

I am not sure that calling Trump a fascist will help any of those floating voters (who plan to do their 'own research') come more swiftly and decisively to a conclusion.

I just heard a Democrat in Georgia on R5 shouting across the road at people that Trump is a fascist. This is the political equivalent of shouting at a referee to tell him he's a wanker at the football. It may make you feel better but it won't change a single decision.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Georgia's early voting numbers are incredible and it's logical to believe that's in net favour of the Democrats, but it might not be and it might not be enough proportionally to win the state overall.
I've never understood how much they seem to know about trends and so on. Don't they just keep all the ballots until the actual election day and then count them - in which case how do they know which were the early voters? Or do they count them and give out tallies as they go along - which would be a bit dodgy I would have thought?

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
I've never understood how much they seem to know about trends and so on. Don't they just keep all the ballots until the actual election day and then count them - in which case how do they know which were the early voters? Or do they count them and give out tallies as they go along - which would be a bit dodgy I would have thought?
Votes aren't counted before election day and aren't reported before the polls close. But they do know how many they've got in early voting. And some states will report numbers by party affiliation (which isn't to say that's how they voted) and/or gender or other demographic info.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Votes aren't counted before election day and aren't reported before the polls close. But they do know how many they've got in early voting. And some states will report numbers by party affiliation (which isn't to say that's how they voted) and/or gender or other demographic info.
Yes - it's the second half I wasn't sure about. That is - how do they know that early voters tend to equate to Democrat votes. It seems like there's quite a bit of educated guessing and poll-watching from previous years. A bit like our exit-poll I suppose, where they know by 2pm-ish what they think is the likely result.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Yes - it's the second half I wasn't sure about. That is - how do they know that early voters tend to equate to Democrat votes. It seems like there's quite a bit of educated guessing and poll-watching from previous years. A bit like our exit-poll I suppose, where they know by 2pm-ish what they think is the likely result.
Yeah. It's exactly that. They have totals from previous years and past experience had shown that more Democrat votes came in early and more Republican votes tended to be on the day.

That's not to say that that trend will always hold. We won't know until they count the votes on election day.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Agreed - it's got a horrible feeling of inevitability about it right now.

After the debate, I felt very optimistic about Harris, but it feels like it's just gradually slipping away.

Each morning, I enjoy watching Kimmel, Colbert, Myers and Stewart take Trump's latest shambolic performance to pieces - it feels inconceivable that Trump could win but, right now, it very much looks like he will. Which is terrifying given what is going on in other parts of the world.
It does and it is.

- there is a zeitgeist of intolerance and hatred around the world between different racial and ethnic groups, between different cultures, different sexualities, religions and political belief etc - all of which is being exploited and fanned by far right (and far left) extremists intent on dismantling liberal democratic institutions and sowing the seeds of chaos.

The shadowy interconnectivity between key figures on the world stage (ie Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, Farage, Mohammed Bin Salman, Musk etc etc ) is frighteningly powerful.

A cabal of corrupt multi-billionaire actors, that transcend State borders, with no ideological objective other than to increase their personal power and wealth and live beyond the reach of domestic and international law, beyond politics and beyond the limits of power built into the constitutional mechanisms of the State in which they live.

Last edited:

Jul 20, 2003
Oh do behave. If that's "nuts and desperate" then what is Trump's cowardly cancelling pretty much all his scheduled interviews?

They are afraid to have him talk.

Good luck with that...

Clearly it doesn't matter what he does. He could shit his pants on stage and his supporters would wear nappies.

KH going on Fox series no purpose whatsoever. It will not change any Fix viewer's opinion and will only generate dumb memes for dumb people

The fact that KH is doing it shows how desperate the situation is.

The USA is f***ed.

Jul 20, 2003
No amount of clips of the mad old **** are going to make any difference.

He's the populist, nationalist candidate.

Song by
Donald Trump

If I ruled the world
Every day would be the first day of spring
Every heart would have a new song to sing
And we'd sing of the joy every morning would bring

If I ruled the world
Every man would be as free as a bird
Every voice would be a voice to be heard
Take my word, we would treasure each day that occurred

My world would be a beautiful place
Where we would weave such wonderful dreams
My world would wear a smile on its face
Like the man in the moon has when the moon beams

If I ruled the world
Every man would say the world was his friend
There'd be happiness that no man coud end
No my friend, not if I ruled the world

Every head would be held up high
There'd be sunshine in everyone's sky
If the day ever dawned when I ruled the world
I

Eeeeeeeeelected!

Jul 20, 2003
Populists can lie their way to power.

Because more than half the people (-1 person)* are more thick than the average person.

* Do it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here