Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 122 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 185 56.6%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
The higher the turnout, the better it is for the Democrats. That's my general sense - Trump's people are spread out a mile wide, but an inch thick (no offence intended!). I think Democratic support is going to blow away the minority of voters who are Trumpnomatterwhat.

Fate would have it that I'm going to be watching the election night coverage with a big right winger, a passionate Trump fan. I am very confident I'm going to enjoying the coverage - but it won't all be plain sailing. A two horse race always gives hope to the one who shouldn't even be in the race.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Nothing says 'no-one's got a facking clue' like posts from people saying Trump is definitely going to win, closely followed by further posts saying Harris is a shoo-in!

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Nothing says 'no-one's got a facking clue' like posts from people saying Trump is definitely going to win, closely followed by further posts saying Harris is a shoo-in!
It's just a question of turnout in my opinion. Harris has everything logical on her side, but you just don't know if people are motivated to vote for her or not. Trump's people are incredibly well motivated and the Republican party is much better at turning out their vote. Republican support is baked in and a huge number of their voters will not admit/talk about it publically, which makes the polling tougher.

If the Democrats get out the vote, they'll win. Georgia's early voting numbers are incredible and it's logical to believe that's in net favour of the Democrats, but it might not be and it might not be enough proportionally to win the state overall. I hope it is, and I hope that Pennsylvania trends towards Harris as well because that's game over.

If Trump becomes president again, he won't see out his term. He'll either be forced out, die or resign the presidency in disgrace and JD Vance will end up 48th president. Which would be a total mess.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Fate would have it that I'm going to be watching the election night coverage with a big right winger, a passionate Trump fan. I am very confident I'm going to enjoying the coverage - but it won't all be plain sailing. A two horse race always gives hope to the one who shouldn't even be in the race.

Not a two-horse race for MAGAs though. In fact it’s only even a race if Trump wins:
- Trump wins: fair election, 100% legit, not one single fake vote.
- Trump loses: stolen election, 100% dodgy, not one single true vote.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's just a question of turnout in my opinion. Harris has everything logical on her side, but you just don't know if people are motivated to vote for her or not. Trump's people are incredibly well motivated and the Republican party is much better at turning out their vote. Republican support is baked in and a huge number of their voters will not admit/talk about it publically, which makes the polling tougher.

If the Democrats get out the vote, they'll win. Georgia's early voting numbers are incredible and it's logical to believe that's in net favour of the Democrats, but it might not be and it might not be enough proportionally to win the state overall. I hope it is, and I hope that Pennsylvania trends towards Harris as well because that's game over.

If Trump becomes president again, he won't see out his term. He'll either be forced out, die or resign the presidency in disgrace and JD Vance will end up 48th president. Which would be a total mess.
If they enact Project 2025 Shady Vance wouldn't be President but Der Fuhrer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Radio 5 did a good piece live from Georgia today (the state, not the (state of a) nation).

Lots of dull sensible folk declaring a lukewarm preference for Trump, based around fairly nuanced economical considerations, notwithstanding the man's nutty utterances.

I could easily fulminate about how could anyone ever consider voting for that disgrace of a man, but millions recently voted for Farage in the UK, and Farage is much worse than Trump as far as I can see. So I will not bother troubling my echo chamber.

It seems that 'vote Trump and get Vance' seems to be a popular mantra for many there.

I expected Trump to beat Hilary, and expect he will beat Harris. Sad, but there it is.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Bout time, its bloody true.

Oh dear. I suspect that has probably just lost her 5 million votes. Enough to swing it.

Does she really think such an utterance will persuade Republican voters to switch sides, or entice floating votes away from Trump?

Have she no political nous?

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Oh dear. I suspect that has probably just lost her 5 million votes. Enough to swing it.

Does she really think such an utterance will persuade Republican voters to switch sides, or entice floating votes away from Trump?

Have she no political nous?
FFS - Trump calls her not only worse, but also the same. Repeatedly. Even yesterday where he confusingly called her a communist, a Marxist and a fascist.

I guess he gets a pass since he has no idea what any of the words mean?

Commander

Arrogant Prat
NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
FFS - Trump calls her not only worse, but also the same. Repeatedly. Even yesterday where he confusingly called her a communist, a Marxist and a fascist.

I think that is exactly the point.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
There's a lot of commentary in US, including republican pollsters, that many of the GOP backed polls are vastly overinflated...... and for one specific reason.

When Harris wins they're going to claim election fraud again, and try another all or nothing coup.
Yeah, there was a recent poll of Pennsylvania by a reputable pollster that was sponsored by a Trump-supporting organisation. The first did the poll and the second applied a Likely-voter screen, to determine who was likely to vote, and it came in Trump +1, which was the headline.

However - the Likely voter screen that they applied reduced the number of Philadelphia voters in the sample from 115 to just 12, a projected 9% turnout. In Philadelphia. One of the most Democratic parts of the country. Philadelphia voters will make up over 10% of the PA vote, but here they were just 1% of this poll. (The result from all registered voters in this poll was Harris+4)

There is laughable polling like this everywhere, and yet this poll is included within the polling averages.

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
I expected Trump to beat Hilary, and expect he will beat Harris. Sad, but there it is.
I think the difference is that this time, voting for Trump means something. In 2016, Hillary was incredibly and historically unpopular and Trump was the "change" candidate. It could have been brilliant, there was a lot of potential and the economy was good so in theory, a businessman empowering other businessmen could have been amazing for the country.

But it wasn't. And there was a deadly pandemic which was handled outrageously badly. And all the obvious racism from the office. The failed attempts to pass legislation. The awful response to natural disasters. Everything he did in his day to day, really.

There is real enthusiasm for Kamala's campaign and for Democrats across the board, partly because of how extreme the Republicans are on the big issues. But partly because of who Kamala is, what she represents and who she can entice to vote. It's totally different in my opinion and there's no excuse for Trump winning again (and I think he wants to win even less than he did in 2016!).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Yes. It isn't fair, is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here