Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 120 37.0%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 183 56.5%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 19 5.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
Please provide a link showing this data. Data that shows that legal immigrants actually vote more Democratic than Republican.

To me this is self evident and thought you were taking the piss, a bit like crime statistics in the U.K. Anyhow I have nailed some that are indicative, where for hispanics split 2 to 1 for Democrats.

"The share of voters who are Hispanic has roughly tripled since the mid-1990s; the share who are Asian has increased sixfold over the same period. Today, 44% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are Hispanic, Black, Asian, another race or multiracial, compared with 20% of Republicans and Republican leaners. However, the Democratic Party’s advantages among Black and Hispanic voters, in particular, have narrowed somewhat in recent years."

When assimilation rates are measure they include voting patterns that move to roughly national averages. The fastest assimilators are Cubans in half a generation, that's crazy given the different language but not politics. Irish Americans are 2 generations, Mexicans vary but about now lol.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
That Haitian migrants are eating people's pets??

Oh no that was republicans too!!

That Donald Trump was a good candidate for the presidency?

Damn, republicans again.
That Democrats want to ban cows and windows?

Remember when the MAGA's on here were so hell bent on claiming Biden was mentally declining and not up to the job? Do they seriously think this is the words of a man in full control of his facilities?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
To me this is self evident and thought you were taking the piss, a bit like crime statistics in the U.K. Anyhow I have nailed some that are indicative, where for hispanics split 2 to 1 for Democrats.

"The share of voters who are Hispanic has roughly tripled since the mid-1990s; the share who are Asian has increased sixfold over the same period. Today, 44% of Democratic and Democratic-leaning voters are Hispanic, Black, Asian, another race or multiracial, compared with 20% of Republicans and Republican leaners. However, the Democratic Party’s advantages among Black and Hispanic voters, in particular, have narrowed somewhat in recent years."

When assimilation rates are measure they include voting patterns that move to roughly national averages. The fastest assimilators are Cubans in half a generation, that's crazy given the different language but not politics. Irish Americans are 2 generations, Mexicans vary but about now lol.

Thanks - that's useful. I'm not quite sure it says what you say it says. I did read it, and couldn't see that it said 'immigrants are more likely to vote Democrat by 2:1', but I guess the general trend is the Democrats are more likely to be found amongst those who have lived and experienced different lives and are more culturally developed - so it seems a fair assumption. But only an assumption. And also 'Hispanic, Black, Asian' incorporates many many generations - and little to do with recent immigration which seems to be the main concern. 44% of Democrats haven't just suddenly arrived. They are most likely from generational families. If you took away the 44% of Democrats and 20% of Republicans - you'd be left with quite a small population. I'm not sure that's really what you want? Or is it?

All this about legal immigrant's more likely to vote democrat's is a bit weird IMO, all but 1.12% of Americans are immigrants so at the moment its pretty even
Yes - see the point above. Dingo's issues seem to be with long-term generational influxes over many many decades, not recent immigration. Hence my question to them above. If it really is the case that Dingo thinks that 44% of Democrats and 20% of Republicans shouldn't be there because they are Hispanic, Black, Asian, or another race - then there's a word for that.....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now he's calling for the military to deal with his opponents ("the enemy within")

“I think the bigger problem are the people from within. We have some very bad people. We have some sick people,” he said on Fox’s Sunday Morning Futures programme. “It should be very easily handled by, if necessary, by the national guard, or if really necessary, by the military, because they can’t let that happen.”

:facepalm:

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
yet another reason why that beautiful Amex roof, needs restoring to its original glory.
Sent you a PM HKF

Don't forget about the secret Jewish space lasers that started all those forest fires.
Where did you get that story from?

Was it the same person that said MSM is biased because it’s mostly owned by Jews?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sent you a PM HKF

Where did you get that story from?

Was it the same person that said MSM is biased because it’s mostly owned by Jews?
Margery Taylor Greene, demented Republican Congress. Mad as a box of frogs.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
Who also claimed the Dems control the weather...sending Hurricanes to Republican areas only...

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Found refs to fires and indeed weather thanks.

I also found refs to her suggestion the Israel aid bill should be used to set up space lasers and point them at the Mexican border (presumably to fry Mexicans from lasers in outta space as they cross the Rio Grande?). That, and Trump’s idea that the River should be turned into a crocodile filled ‘moat’ (presumably to eat any kids that try and swim across the River), the Republicans seem have immigration in the bag 👍

“When asked about the claims recently by a British journalist she suggested they “f*** off”.” :lolol:

Last edited:

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That Democrats want to ban cows and windows?

Remember when the MAGA's on here were so hell bent on claiming Biden was mentally declining and not up to the job? Do they seriously think this is the words of a man in full control of his facilities?

To be fair the window tax over here did lead to quite a few tight gits around the Sussex Square area bricking up their windows.
That clip is probably taken out of context as to whatever the f**k he was rambling on about & I'm sure a couple of posters will be along soon to put it into context for those of us that think he's completely nuts!!!

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Trump calls for his political opponents (the ‘radical left‘ the lunatics inside’ ) to be ’handled’ by the military on election day.

Implies the Democrats are more dangerous than Russia, China and ‘all these Countries’

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
To be fair the window tax over here did lead to quite a few tight gits around the Sussex Square area bricking up their windows.
That clip is probably taken out of context as to whatever the f**k he was rambling on about & I'm sure a couple of posters will be along soon to put it into context for those of us that think he's completely nuts!!!
The science around having less cows in order to save the planet is fairly widespread too.

It sounds funny when Trump says stuff** out of context but if a fully functioning human being with a working brain said the same and added context it probably has some merit.

*Some stuff.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The science around having less cows in order to save the planet is fairly widespread too.

It sounds funny when Trump says stuff** out of context but if a fully functioning human being with a working brain said the same and added context it probably has some merit.

*Some stuff.
So how about this stream of thought about the perils of electric battery-powered boats (which he delivered at a rally, at land-locked Nevada recently BTW):

“So I said, ‘Let me ask you a question, and [the guy who makes boats in South Carolina] said, ‘Nobody ever asked this question,’ and it must be because of MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), my relationship to MIT —very smart. He goes, I say, ‘What would happen if the boat sank from its weight? And you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery is now underwater and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?’”
At this point, Trump apparently decided to pursue this tangent in earnest. “By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately, do you notice that, a lot of sharks?" he asked. "I watched some guys justifying it today. ‘Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young lady’s leg because of the fact that they were, they were not hungry, but they misunderstood who she was.’ These people are crazy. He said there’s no problem with sharks. ‘They just didn’t really understand a young woman swimming now.’ It really got decimated and other people do a lot of shark attacks.”

And then he shifted back to his original story.

“So I said, so there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards or here, do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking? Water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted, or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted? Because I will tell you, he didn’t know the answer. He said, ‘You know, nobody’s ever asked me that question.” I said, ‘I think it’s a good question.’ I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water. But you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted, I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark. So we’re going to end that.”

This is your senile drunk old grandad at the Christmas dinner table, ploughing his way through a bottle of Baileys. And half of America is gonna VOTE for him.

Kinell.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Trump calls for his political opponents (the ‘radical left‘ the lunatics inside’ ) to be ’handled’ by the military on election day.

Implies the Democrats are more dangerous than Russia, China and ‘all these Countries’

Its getting the point where he doesn't just have anything productive in his locker, but he's actually pretty boring too.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
So how about this stream of thought about the perils of electric battery-powered boats (which he delivered at a rally, at land-locked Nevada recently BTW):

This is your senile drunk old grandad at the Christmas dinner table, ploughing his way through a bottle of Baileys. And half of America is gonna VOTE for him.

Kinell.
I did say 'some stuff' 😂😂

Just think though, some people are going to vote for him to be the actual president of the USA!!

Not just some, f***ing shit loads!!

And some (shit loads) have abandoned any relationship they had with critical thinking in order to convince themselves that he is the best person for the job.

Absolutely astonishing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here