Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The 2024 US Election - Trump v Harris

Who will win the 2024 Presidential Election?

• President Joe Biden - Democrat

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Donald Trump - Republican

Votes: 122 37.3%
  • Vice President, Kamala Harris - Democrat

Votes: 185 56.6%
  • Other Democratic candidate tbc

Votes: 18 5.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Hurricane Milton isn't going to help the Democratic Party.

There will be plenty of "Whatabouters" voicing opinions about U.S. money being spent supporting overseas conflicts and immigrants instead of helping out "Patriots".

Trump will be hoping for maximum domestic disruption to push undecided voters towards his "promises".

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

There will be plenty of "Whatabouters" voicing opinions about U.S. money being spent supporting overseas conflicts and immigrants instead of helping out "Patriots".

Trump will be hoping for maximum domestic disruption to push undecided voters towards his "promises".
I agree he will try and weaponise the disasters with bullshit and fear mongering.... but why anybody would buy his snake oil promises still genuinely alludes me :shrug:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Thanks, that reflects what I was saying.

Screenshot-2024-10-09-122347.png
No it doesn't!

You said "I haven't seen a poll trending or Harris leading in the vital swing states for about 5 weeks."

That image literally shows Harris leading in three vital swing states this week.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I agree he will try and weaponise the disasters with bullshit and fear mongering.... but why anybody would buy his snake oil promises still genuinely alludes me :shrug:
Mega-moron Marjorie Taylor Greene is alleging that the Hurricanes are being manufactured as part of Climate Change propaganda, and targeted by Democrats at Republican-voting states.

Last edited:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I definitely get the feeling that since Harris entered the race, her lead has slightly eroded. It feels to me like she's lost momentum - as many predicted she would. How does she inject energy into the last few weeks of the campaign? That will be critical.
If you see any recent videos of Trump, he's the one who is lethargic, glitching and slurring, whereas Harris still looks to be on her game. She has a small but crucial lead nationally, and in swing states.

I don't know how much gas Trump has left in the tank after his assassination attempts, incessant legal challenges, the relentless campaign demands and the obvious marital issues he has..

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If you see any recent videos of Trump, he's the one who is lethargic, glitching and slurring, whereas Harris still looks to be on her game. She has a small but crucial lead nationally, and in swing states.

I don't know how much gas Trump has left in the tank after his assassination attempts, incessant legal challenges, the relentless campaign demands and the obvious marital issues he has..
I think he's hoping to limp over the line and then once elected lead a scorched earth policy against his perceived enemies

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

Agreed. I didn't mean physically though. In the polls she took and early lead but she hasn't managed to keep up the momentum. It's eased back very slightly in fact (she had a 3.7% lead in the poll of polls in late August).

1728482642755.png

Withdean South Stand

Mar 2, 2014
Mega-moron Marjorie Taylor Greene is alleging that the Hurricanes are being manufactured as part of Climate Change propaganda, and targeted by Democrats at Republican-voting states.
At some point, she's going to have been wrong so often that she stumbles upon a topic she's correct about. But it wasn't this time.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
No it doesn't!

You said "I haven't seen a poll trending or Harris leading in the vital swing states for about 5 weeks."

That image literally shows Harris leading in three vital swing states this week.

Er yes, is she trending up?

ETA
Never mind I hadn't seen one which doesn't mean there isn't one. Not going to debated semantics.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

'I am really tremendous at stopping hurricanes, no one knows more about stopping hurricanes than me'

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Interesting analysis of why the economy – despite demonstrably improving under Biden – isn't being seen as a vote-winner for Harris.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here