Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter 'It's all the British fault'.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never forget the day I sat there watching the draw for hosting the WC. First Russia, then Qatar. I just sat there saddened by what was going on in front of my eyes.
If Blatters legacy was all about taking the WC to new parts of the World, then for me Australia was the obvious choice. I didn't even realise until the draw was made that they were doing the WC for 2022 as well. So obviously bent.
The Qatar decision was perfect for the Russians as theirs has slipped under the radar. Don't start me on Russia; of all the countries I've been to, that is one place who's doors I hope never to darken again.
I'm glad our journalists are doing the work that FIFA's own "ethical committee" will of course never do. All of those bent officials are one by one being found out.
I'd love to see Mr Jack Warner have a mic put under his nose again just to see what comes out of his gob.
FIFA & the "football family". Just a whole bunch of pigs with their noses in the trough. The racist card is a pretty desperate attempt at firing off some chaff.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Never forget the day I sat there watching the draw for hosting the WC. First Russia, then Qatar. I just sat there saddened by what was going on in front of my eyes.
If Blatters legacy was all about taking the WC to new parts of the World, then for me Australia was the obvious choice. I didn't even realise until the draw was made that they were doing the WC for 2022 as well. So obviously bent.
The Qatar decision was perfect for the Russians as theirs has slipped under the radar. Don't start me on Russia; of all the countries I've been to, that is one place who's doors I hope never to darken again.
I'm glad our journalists are doing the work that FIFA's own "ethical committee" will of course never do. All of those bent officials are one by one being found out.
I'd love to see Mr Jack Warner have a mic put under his nose again just to see what comes out of his gob.
FIFA & the "football family". Just a whole bunch of pigs with their noses in the trough. The racist card is a pretty desperate attempt at firing off some chaff.

So true, without doubt the Russian's have got away with it. Just waiting for a big sponsor to start taking a real stance and withdraw their support, lets face it money talks

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Let's make a list of positives and negatives shall we...

Reasons for:

• We will have guaranteed SUN
  • We will have guaranteed SAND
  • Shiny new stadiums
  • Spaceship blimp air conditioning units
  • Emirates has fantastic legroom

Reasons against:

• It'll be a bit hot.
  • Qatar isn't exactly party capital of the world
  • You can't be gay. It's illegal... and they might not even let you in.
  • Nobody ****ing lives there (2 million)
  • Nobody gives a shit about football (10,421 highest attendance for a league game)
  • There will be no legacy. Because nobody ****ing lives there and nobody gives a shit about football.
  • 4000 workers will die between now and the World Cup
  • FOUR THOUSAND workers will die between now and the World Cup
  • FOUR THOUSAND.

I apologise for my racist outburst here. Feel free to add/remove points as appropriate

Perfectly put. As I said earlier in the thread, there's no logical reason why they were awarded it except $$$. We all know that anyway.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
ON CNN over here in the US of A they are saying that the big sponsors are actually starting to make quite bold statements which are asking serious questions about FIFA's investigations into allegations of corruption with regards to the Qatar bid.
Let's hope that the money men will sieze the chance to get something done about Blatter's mafia.
Anyone else fancy a trip to Oz for 2022?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The only beer I buy is Budweiser. Most of you are real men, and will consider it piss, but as a bit of a girlie I don't like the real beers, and Budweiser is my favourite. As of now, I am going to stop drinking it. I will find some other US style piss beer (maybe Coors). I now need to make a list of everything else I'm going to give up.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
As odious as Blatter is, he's an improvement on the previous secretary-general who actually was found to have taken bribes and was only not prosecuted because of his age. It was Havelange who brought all the money into the game and took it down the primrose path - Blatter is just carrying on the good work

This is a point i have raised before i think you will find South America get 4 automatic places in the world cup plus a play-off chance not bad for a continent of what 10/12 countries thank-you Havelange.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
ON CNN over here in the US of A they are saying that the big sponsors are actually starting to make quite bold statements which are asking serious questions about FIFA's investigations into allegations of corruption with regards to the Qatar bid.
Let's hope that the money men will sieze the chance to get something done about Blatter's mafia.
Anyone else fancy a trip to Oz for 2022?

and the only way to drive this on is via a social media boycott campaign to make it go viral.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Greg Dyke can poke his B League up his clunge, but fair play for this one,

FA chairman Greg Dyke has hit back at FIFA president Sepp Blatter, labelling his accusations of racism at the British media as “totally unacceptable”.

As UEFA delegates met with Blatter in Sao Paulo and warned him against running for a fifth term, Dyke took the opportunity to ask the FIFA head to rethink his attitude towards recent accusations of bribery and corruption within his governing body.

Blatter and FIFA have come under increasing scrutiny in recent weeks following a sensational exposé in the Sunday Times newspaper that alleged corruption was at the heart of Qatar’s successful 2022 World Cup bid, although the organisers vehemently deny any wrongdoing.

Blatter condemned the reports on Monday, suggesting to the African and Asian football federations that they were motivated by “discrimination and racism” from the British media before all but announcing his intention to stand for re-election.

And Dyke told Sky Sports News on Tuesday that he said to Blatter: “I regard the comments you made yesterday about the allegations in the British media in which you described them as racist as totally unacceptable.

“I have read the articles in the Sunday Times in great detail. The allegations being made have nothing to do with racism, they are allegations about corruption within FIFA.

“These allegations need to be properly investigated and properly answered. We need to know from [FIFA investigator] Mr Garcia tomorrow if he was aware of the material in the Sunday Times before it was published and, if not, will he now extend his investigation to consider the allegations?

“Mr Blatter, many of us are deeply troubled by your reaction to these allegations. It’s time for FIFA to stop attacking the messenger and instead consider and understand the message.”

Blatter is expected to announce his candidacy for the 2015 election at the FIFA congress on Wednesday, but a number of Europe’s top football officials, including former Manchester United chief executive David Gill and current Dutch FA boss Michael van Praag, have told him he should stand down after his current term.

And Dyke said: “The FA’s position is that we accepted four years ago that he was going to step down at this stage and there is some surprise that he is going to stand again.

“What we, the FA, would certainly like is to see an election; competition and different candidates explaining how they would run FIFA in the future. I think the view is it’s time for change.

“The point that the Dutch were making this morning is that FIFA’s reputation – certainly in Britain and probably in most of northern Europe if not all of Europe – is of a suspect organisation where there has been an awful lot of corruption.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Could the reason why Bloater is standing again be that he has to stay in power so no one uncovers all the things that have gone on. His dirty little paws must have been in the honey pot, otherwise he actions and reactions just don't make any sense. He must be guilty of something ! Mustn't he ?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This is very true. He was the lead architect of the corrupt monster FIFA became.

I had to chuckle at Guardian comment over the weekend when discussing this tournaments football. It ended with sentence "and in the spirit of FIFA it's manufactured in a Pakistani factory where workers receive a £101 per month (I think each ball is selling for about half that!). Disgrace.

You heard it here first! ;) As predicted, Blatters racist card were the words of a dead man walking: told tonight by European Football heads that he should NOT seek reelection i.e. stand down. Thanks for everything you did Sepp, under you the beautiful game simply got uglier. Not optimistic about the successor but change offers some hope at least. I despise this man almost as much as Archer. Almost.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Could the reason why Bloater is standing again be that he has to stay in power so no one uncovers all the things that have gone on. His dirty little paws must have been in the honey pot, otherwise he actions and reactions just don't make any sense. He must be guilty of something ! Mustn't he ?

Bloater has the support of all football federations other than UEFA. I agree with your reasoning for him standing again. He'll find a way of silencing Garcia too. I can't really see how he won't win, the Russia & Qatar World Cups depend on him staying in post and I think he will. In many years time, his presidency of FIFA will be legendary for all the wrong reasons.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
According to this article in the Observer, the official investigation into the votes will not take into account any of the documents that have been obtained by the Sunday Times.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jun/07/fifa-shady-practices-taint-world-cup

"That report will not, he has suggested, incredibly, take any account of the millions of documents, revealed in the Sunday Times last weekend, which show compelling evidence that the award to Qatar in particular was tainted by the widespread financial bribery of Fifa delegates. The leaked cache of documents has, Garcia says, appeared too late for him to consider. They would ruin Fifa's schedule."

It already sounds like a whitewash.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I think Blatter actually believes that the British are just out for revenge because of the complete rejection of our bid & the humiliation of our bidding team.
Actually I would have a lot more faith in our own FA if they had pulled out of the whole process before the vote, and then cried "foul".

However, our media, & in particular our investigative journalists are doing what they are good at, digging for dirt, which doesn't need much digging to be frank.
I think the FIFA house of cards is looking a bit wobbly now other federations are voicing their concerns.

Mr Albion

Nov 7, 2003
brighton
Tweet it and it should catch fire, great idea

This is a very good idea, it's evident that the sponsors are already getting twitchy, pile the pressure on them and Blatter is history.

If you use social media, twitter etc, send it out there, you never know, you might be making a differnce.

If I was an advertising account manager for Pepsi or Samsung or whoever, I'd be running a campaign right through the World Cup with the strap-line:

"Proud not to be associated with FIFA."

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
When you have dined at the trough of greed and corruption for as long as a man like Blatter, then this is a mere trifle. Water off a duck's back. He has nurtured friends all around the World, who, likewise, have been recipients, directly or indirectly, of his largesse.
Its a closed shop with the members drawing all the benefit. If an organisation such as the EEC, so bereft of honesty that it cannot have its own accounts signed off is accepted as a law-maker and solid institution, then FIFA and Blatter have no worries.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
I did like the Greg Dykes' response when asked about do you think the allegations have damaged the FA's relationship with FIFA he responded "Damage! I don't think there is a relationship do damage and I don't think we will be getting any tournaments anytime soon" It did make me chuckle when at last someone has said what we all know. Septic Bloater is hates the FA and the fact that our media will uncover his wrong doings. but as mentioned I think unless the sponsors demand he step down he will get enough votes from the impoverished associations to stay in total power.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Here is the statement from CAF via BBC website:

" At its general assembly in Sao Paulo, the Confederation of African Football (CAF) condemned what it termed "the repeated, deliberately hateful, defamatory and degrading attacks by some media, notably British, on the image and the integrity of the Confederation of African Football, its president, its members, its member associations and the entire African continent."

I'd like to think our media is not racist. Could be time to leave FIFA if it is found that many CAF officials were bribed.

Let's take a cursory look at CAF's executive committee.

I took two names at random from their list of executives and googled them. I din't bother going for a third name.

Here's Isa Hayatou's - the President of CAF - google entry...

On 21 September 2011 it was announced that FIFA had appointed Hayatou President of FIFA's Olympic committee and approved his role as chairman of the Goal Bureau. Hayatou had previously headed FIFA's Olympic committee from 1992 to 2006. At the time of his appointment, Hayatou was still under investigation for alleged bribery.[18] It was later denied by FIFA that Hayatou had been appointed President of the Olympic committee, his apparent appointment was described as "a technical error".

Wow, appointed on a technical error and investigated for bribery.

And here is Hani Abo Rida, one of CAF's FIFA representatives...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/14269817
Egypt's Hany Abo Rida has become the latest African on Fifa's Executive Committee to fall under suspicion. After barring Mohamed Bin Hammam for life on Saturday , the Namibian judge chairing Fifa's Ethics Committee panel has called for further investigations. Petrus Damaseb's panel has asked Fifa's legal department to prepare cases against officials who joined the Qatari's visit to Trinidad in May. These include Vernon Manilal Fernando of Sri Lanka and Thai Worawi Makudi. Like Abo Rida, both Fernando and Makudi are members of Fifa's Executive Committee.

This is a Namibian judge - not a British judge - that has been questioning a member of CAF's ethics.

All football supporters - be they from Africa, Latin America, Europe, Asia, North America, the Middle East, Australia - deserve a better bunch of administrators than this sorry bunch of crooks.

Personally, if England were to pull out of the next World Cup or European Championships, given who we are having to rub shoulders with, I wouldn't be that bothered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here