Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sepp Blatter 'It's all the British fault'.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Blatter is the one guy I want to torture by putting him on a stadium roof in 50 degree heat with a welding torch and no rope.

He has ruined, truely ruined through corruption and underhand dealings, the top of the beautiful game.

I hate him. I hate him with a passion not seen since piers Morgan tried to use fake pictures of squadies beating Iraqis.

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
The way he seams so confident that the matter "will be closed" after the investigation, tells me he is probably putting bribes in all over that investigation

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blatter is the one guy I want to torture by putting him on a stadium roof in 50 degree heat with a welding torch and no rope.

He has ruined, truely ruined through corruption and underhand dealings, the top of the beautiful game.

As odious as Blatter is, he's an improvement on the previous secretary-general who actually was found to have taken bribes and was only not prosecuted because of his age. It was Havelange who brought all the money into the game and took it down the primrose path - Blatter is just carrying on the good work

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Let's make a list of positives and negatives shall we...

Reasons for:

• We will have guaranteed SUN
  • We will have guaranteed SAND
  • Shiny new stadiums
  • Spaceship blimp air conditioning units
  • Emirates has fantastic legroom

Reasons against:

• It'll be a bit hot.
  • Qatar isn't exactly party capital of the world
  • You can't be gay. It's illegal... and they might not even let you in.
  • Nobody ****ing lives there (2 million)
  • Nobody gives a shit about football (10,421 highest attendance for a league game)
  • There will be no legacy. Because nobody ****ing lives there and nobody gives a shit about football.
  • 4000 workers will die between now and the World Cup
  • FOUR THOUSAND workers will die between now and the World Cup
  • FOUR THOUSAND.

I apologise for my racist outburst here. Feel free to add/remove points as appropriate

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I'm quite encouraged by Slap Blatters comments because any despot worth his salt blames us at some point and a for a good number it's usually when they're on there way out. It's as inevitable as the caretaker blaming it on meddling kids in Scooby Do. Sepp you old tyrant, you know you're screwed and it won't be long before you're on your way out of FIFA and this world toboot :)

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
As odious as Blatter is, he's an improvement on the previous secretary-general who actually was found to have taken bribes and was only not prosecuted because of his age. It was Havelange who brought all the money into the game and took it down the primrose path - Blatter is just carrying on the good work

This is very true. He was the lead architect of the corrupt monster FIFA became.

I had to chuckle at Guardian comment over the weekend when discussing this tournaments football. It ended with sentence "and in the spirit of FIFA it's manufactured in a Pakistani factory where workers receive a £101 per month (I think each ball is selling for about half that!). Disgrace.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Bribery is a way of life in the Arab world. That's the way they get what they want. Why the hell we let them get away with it in the WC bidding is beyond belief.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Reasons for:

• Shiny new stadiums

Reasons against:

• It'll be a bit hot.
  • Nobody gives a shit about football (10,421 highest attendance for a league game)
  • There will be no legacy. Because nobody ****ing lives there and nobody gives a shit about football.
  • FOUR THOUSAND.

I apologise for my racist outburst here. Feel free to add/remove points as appropriate

Nothing to remove. All pretty much true. Giving the World Cup to Qatar is one of the biggest jokes ever. Bribery on a massive scale is the only way they can have done it.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There won't be a world cup in Qatar. And if by some miracle there is, then it certainly won't be in the form they bid for.

I can see the Americans, Australians suing FIFA or UEFA over all of this and pulling out of the world cup and other countries would follow.

FIFA & UEFA are resembling an old boys network along the lines of the masons.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I hate him. I hate him with a passion not seen since piers Morgan tried to use fake pictures of squadies beating Iraqis.

You seem to have forgot Archer & Bellotti....

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I will boycott Budweiser , always have , crap beer and recipe stolen from the Czech's . Why don't they just serve the local beer , the money should be going into the country of the tournament not large international corporate companies . I was amazed the main sponsors at the London Olympics were Coca-Cola and McDonalds . The sponsored beer at the Euro's was Carlsberg , it was vile .

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I've said it before stuff Qatar and give it to Australia, it would be the best world cup ever.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost

Reasons for:

• Shiny new stadiums

Reasons against:

• It'll be a bit hot.
  • FOUR THOUSAD.

I wrote to the CEOs of Coca Cola, Sony and Adidas in April stating that financially supporting the world cup in Qatar they had the blood of 1000 people on their hands ...... unsurprisingly I received no replies.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
If we left FIFA I guess they would ban all foreign players from English sides playing for their national sides.

Causing them to leave and go and play in countries who toe the FIFA line.

In a very short space of time British football would be a vastly inferior product than it is today.

I disagree, players will go where the money is and I think many would put this over and above their national teams. The premier league pays some of the biggest wages in football and therefore players, agents, and all the paraphernalia that goes with it will stay where the cash is. La Liga has two teams that can compete with TPL, Italy maybe one, PSG for France, Bayern, apart from that here is where it's at. Having said that, I can't see anything changing at all, The FA will huff and puff and do nothing, UEFA - the same, the other nations will not want to speak up and back a revolt and Blatter will get elected again - it's just the way the world works these days.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
I disagree, players will go where the money is and I think many would put this over and above their national teams. The premier league pays some of the biggest wages in football and therefore players, agents, and all the paraphernalia that goes with it will stay where the cash is. La Liga has two teams that can compete with TPL, Italy maybe one, PSG for France, Bayern, apart from that here is where it's at. Having said that, I can't see anything changing at all, The FA will huff and puff and do nothing, UEFA - the same, the other nations will not want to speak up and back a revolt and Blatter will get elected again - it's just the way the world works these days.

If all the big Euro football countries boycotted en masse, Blatter would have no chance.

He'd be gone in a week.

If we did it alone, then we might suffer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here