Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RWC Semi-Final Wales v France

I think it is unfair to compare Wales with Arsenal. They were in control until their captain got sent off, I think that is the reason they lost.

Agreed, but the history books will only say France 9 Wales 8.

Wales did not score more points than France and therefore deserved to lose.

And I say that as a Welshman.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
It was certainly a red - it would have been in any club match. The taffy lovers appear to be saying that the outrageous spear tackle should be excused because it was in a World Cup Semi. How does that work? Surely, it is the very place that everyone should see that dangerous tackles will not be tolerated?

I think that the Welsh should be very proud of their efforts with 14 men. A few better decisions, and kicks would have seen them win.

D

Deleted member 18477

I think it is unfair to compare Wales with Arsenal. They were in control until their captain got sent off, I think that is the reason they lost.

why? arsenal never win the champions league, wales never win the world cup... kind of similar. both pretty to watch, both losers!

I don't think it was certainly a red, Warburton realised he had taken him up and let go, he certainly didn't drive him into the ground which is the definition of a spear tackle.

As i said in a previous post France scored more points so desrved to win. I am gutted but thats sport.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
He got sent off.
Players get cited/banned.

they do but that usually happens when the ref does not see it, the ref saw this and sent him off.

As i said the letter of the law says Red Card, this is the semi final of the World cup, while it looked very very harsh, clearly ya want the ref to follow the rules of the game to the letter?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I don't think it was certainly a red, Warburton realised he had taken him up and let go, he certainly didn't drive him into the ground which is the definition of a spear tackle.

As i said in a previous post France scored more points so desrved to win. I am gutted but thats sport.

It was a Spear Tackle, It you lift a player with his feet above his head, it is your responsibility to ensure he lands safely - not f***ing dump him on his head. Letting go is not acceptable.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He got sent off.
Players get cited/banned.

Which is my point entirely. Why the Welsh grizzling? It's like the English football team FFS having to have a target to blame rather than looking at your own exuberance and ill-discipline.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
It was a Spear Tackle, It you lift a player with his feet above his head, it is your responsibility to ensure he lands safely - not f***ing dump him on his head. Letting go is not acceptable.

You obviously don't watch much rugby.

Unbiased ex- players in the studio thought it was a disgraceful decision, one of the worst in the history of the World Cup but you know best!

And has to contain malicious intent.

Any way, I'm gutted but accept the referee's decision. Sport, gotta love it.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Unbiased ex- players in the studio thought it was a disgraceful decision, one of the worst in the history of the World Cup but you know best!

Do me a favour. Dropping/dumping someone on their head is unacceptable.

Unbiased??? The whole ITV premise was to big up Wales from the start.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011

I watch rugby every week and go and played for 19+years the current letter of the law says that tackle was a red card, like i said though i dont think it was malicious at all, it looked more momentum to me but if ya going to play to the rules then it was red, even the coach said it was 100% a yellow card. But appears the ref felt it was a red.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia

Well pork pie's opinion is certainly in line with the IRB's ruling on dangerous tackles. Taken from the IRB website...

Ruling of the Designated Members of the Rugby Committee

1. The act of lifting an opponent off his feet in a tackle AND dropping or 'spearing' that player so that his head and/or upper body comes into contact with the ground first, is a dangerous tackle.

2. The dangerous play described in 1. above is considered dangerous play no matter where it occurs in the game.

The French player was dropped so that his upper body came into contact with the ground first...but you know best!

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Maybe the Welsh should also look at the standard of some of their goal kicking. Hook missed two very kickable pens. Smokescreen

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

You could not be more wrong. I certainly watch more rugby that football at the moment. Indeed, I will be watching it this afternoon.

Hardly unbiased - they are on British TV. I wonder what was said on French TV?

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Paddy Power just announced that all losing bets on Wales to be refunded as loss attributed to a wrong referee decision.

Ex-players and people who know what they are talking about = wrong decision

NSC posters with petty hatred of Wales = right decision

Really, some people's brains turn to poo when they get all emotional.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Paddy Power just announced that all losing bets on Wales to be refunded as loss attributed to a wrong referee decision.

Ex-players and people who know what they are talking about = wrong decision

NSC posters with petty hatred of Wales = right decision

Really, some people's brains turn to poo when they get all emotional.

Did you not read the rules posted earlier. In the main I couldn't give a toss about rugby, but blaming a referees decision for your own failings when all he has done is apply the letter of the law is mildly irritating.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Well pork pie's opinion is certainly in line with the IRB's ruling on dangerous tackles. Taken from the IRB website...

Ruling of the Designated Members of the Rugby Committee

1. The act of lifting an opponent off his feet in a tackle AND dropping or 'spearing' that player so that his head and/or upper body comes into contact with the ground first, is a dangerous tackle.

2. The dangerous play described in 1. above is considered dangerous play no matter where it occurs in the game.

The French player was dropped so that his upper body came into contact with the ground first...but you know best!

Thank you for that. I am afraid that spear tackles are one of my pet hates. Rugby is an inherently dangerous game, forwards charging around tackling wingers like that cannot be tolerated.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
At last Great Britain and Ireland can unite together.

in supporting who ever else plays France in the final. Stinky breathed cowards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here