Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes I like him - he even warned me once and i was like ‘yeh understood’ from my end. I respect those that give up their time to check up on grown men and women arguing on the internet haha

I like @Guinness Boy, @Bozza obviously rates him, glad we have mods and an owner who are open books :love:.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I’d rather a mod who gives it a bit than one who sits there being all PC. As I said, he told me off once but I respect him for that. We can all disagree respectfully can’t we?!

I got told off by @Bozza once for recommending an effective anti Adware app, when people here were complaining about pop ups plaguing their nsc experience. I didn’t think :dunce::lol:.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
it’s always about you.
It wasn't until you stormed in here and made it about me. Again. For the 111th time.
You know there’s a difference between statements of opinion and false statements of verifiable facts don’t you?

Hyperbole and similes are not considered libel. Saying Potter is like a weird paedo is a simile and statement of opinion.

Directly calling a public figure a ‘psychopath’ online on the other hand (especially with malice) could be considered libellous because it could harm someone’s reputation.

You don’t get English football and never will. He shat on us with that gross club, so will always get shit. Stop commenting on things you have zero idea about 👍

I hear you people and will stay out of the debate on whether it is legally and morally correct to saying someone was "like a paedo".

My firm opinion, regardless of how much or little I know about English football, is that you can not say those things about people (not just Potter). Despite being a big mouthed agitator, it is still virtually the only thing I'm not keen on throwing around loosely.

Since no one is willing to accept this take, I'm just leaving the printscreens and context to the Wasserman Agency, they're much more suited in knowing how to deal or not deal with it anyway.

I'm staying out of further comments on the subject and hope common sense will prevail. I would do a similar thing if it was said about a player or NSC member. It is crossing the line, imho. It is crossing every goddamn f***ing line.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It wasn't until you stormed in here and made it about me. Again. For the 111th time.
I was on the mailing list and early NSC when our club was dying and then recovering from emergency surgery when you were still sucking your mum’s tits.

You stormed in here when we hired a guy on the back of winning some promotions from leagues worse than Scotland and finishing a brave 10th in the Championship with Swansea.

And, apart from when you were banned for violent anti-semitism, you've been storming in ever since.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I hear you people and will stay out of the debate on whether it is legally and morally correct to saying someone was "like a paedo".
My post wasn’t intended to contribute to a ‘debate’ - -there is no debate here - I was clarifying for you the relevant law relating to libel because you seemed confused about the difference between libel and opinion.
My firm opinion, regardless of how much or little I know about English football, is that you can not say those things about people (not just Potter). Despite being a big mouthed agitator, it is still virtually the only thing I'm not keen on throwing around loosely.
Again, saying Potter is ‘like a weird paedo’ maybe unpleasant and offensive to you and probably to others I’m sure but it isn’t libellous because it was a simile so stop suggesting that NSC is condoning unlawful behaviour.
I'm staying out of further comments on the subject and hope common sense will prevail. I would do a similar thing if it was said about a player or NSC member. It is crossing the line, imho. It is crossing every goddamn f***ing line.
Your outrage about the hyperbolic opinions directed at Potter is ironic really when you have repeatedly attempted to defame NSC members with ad hominem comments who have not shared your obsessive adoration for him.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022

Since no one is willing to accept this take, I'm just leaving the printscreens and context to the Wasserman Agency, they're much more suited in knowing how to deal or not deal with it anyway.

Yes if anyone was seriously calling someone a paedo who isn’t it’s wrong. If it was a joke it is down to taste. It’s quite a common English joke tbh but in the right context.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Yes if anyone was seriously calling someone a paedo who isn’t it’s wrong. If it was a joke it is down to taste. It’s quite a common English joke tbh but in the right context.

No one called Potter a ‘paedo’ - they said he was “like“ one. The point being argued by HS was that this was libellous ie unlawful. It wasn’t. Similes cannot be libellous.

If someone called another person a “paedo” as a false statement of fact then that is defamation only if it causes their reputation serious harm.

Claiming something was a joke is not a defence to defamatory btw unless a reasonable person would interpret as a joke.

In any event, in order for defamation to succeed, it needs to have caused serious harm to the victim.

A lot depends on context as you say.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
No one called Potter a ‘paedo’ - they said he was “like“ one. The point being argued by HS was that this was libellous ie unlawful. It wasn’t. Similes cannot be libellous.

If someone called another person a “paedo” as a false statement of fact then that is defamation only if it causes their reputation serious harm.

Claiming something was a joke is not a defence to defamatory btw unless a reasonable person would interpret as a joke.

In any event, in order for defamation to succeed, it needs to have caused serious harm to the victim.

Well, exactly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d rather a mod who gives it a bit than one who sits there being all PC. As I said, he told me off once but I respect him for that. We can all disagree respectfully can’t we?!
I got an infraction once. Won't say who from, but I went to his wedding!

(Bang to rights, I was, too.)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably not worth going into the finer points of British defamation law with an intoxicated Swede at almost midnight Stockholm time…
Go on, you know you want to :lolol:

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022

I didn’t see any post or read it tbh! But yes, you’re right, but depends if you have a certain sense of humour!

Funny how when I called RDZ a psychopath, the cavalry rode in to tell me "RDZ might call his legal team" and bla bla. This though, this gets to continue...

Let me tell you what I would do if some random knob at some forum kept insinuating that I was a paedo: I would make that forum go away. I would make sure it would be really really expensive and annoying for those writing the shit, and the publishers of the forum in question.

I'm not saying Potter would do that, and I'm not telling you to stop because if you want to make a fool out of yourself, I'm not stopping you.

I'm just telling you what I would do in that situation and that perhaps you should be open to the possibility that in the eyes of some people (like any subjects of your speculations) might feel the same way. Just a heads up.

😂😂😂😂 grow up. Say what I like. What a ridiculous thing to say, it was merely a jab and quite obviously, a joke. Is he a teacher or ever been a teacher? No. That ends the whole ‘legal challenge’ crap around it. He looks like one though…teacher, that is..Fwiw as much as I think he is a twat for what he did, I would imagine hes an ok bloke usually.

Good grief there are some snowflake bed wetters on here. 😂😂. That joke was
/is common for someone who is a bit weird and dorky ie Potter. No way is that something that would get anyone in trouble. Not watched inbetweeners etc to get that kind of humour? f*** me. No point in having any tongue in cheek fun on here, just get whiney old cry babies calling policeman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here