Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I couldn't believe it when they binned him off. Even more couldn't believe it when he left West Ham under a bit of a cloud on the eve of a season, having pulled off a minor miracle in keeping them up with Tevez scoring goal after goal.
According to Wikipedia Curbs resigned from Charlton.

"After declining to extend his contract with Charlton, Curbishley agreed to leave the club at the end of the 2005–06 season. He received a standing ovation from the Charlton supporters in his final home match in charge against Blackburn Rovers. "

He resigned from West Ham too but this was constructive dismissal (the club broke his contract regarding player sales) and he was awarded £2.2 million compo.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
According to Wikipedia Curbs resigned from Charlton.

"After declining to extend his contract with Charlton, Curbishley agreed to leave the club at the end of the 2005–06 season. He received a standing ovation from the Charlton supporters in his final home match in charge against Blackburn Rovers. "

He resigned from West Ham too but this was constructive dismissal (the club broke his contract regarding player sales) and he was awarded £2.2 million compo.
He was so sacked. They sacked him. Definitely sacked.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
More like Alan Curbishley. hounded out at Charlton because 6th in the top division wasn’t good enough
Nothing like Alan Curbishley then.

Actually, given that neither were hounded out, you are so wrong that you're actually right. Fancy that!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was so sacked. They sacked him. Definitely sacked.
I'm beginning to think he may have been sacked.

Like De Zerbi.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
More like Alan Curbishley. hounded out at Charlton because 6th in the top division wasn’t good enough

Yea i remember the tens of thousands of BHA fans hounding Potter out right into Bonleys arms, along with Bruno (who?) and 3/4 of our backroom staff along with our recruiment teams (yes teamS) right after the transfer window closed, thrashing ManU and one of our best starts every in the EPL after 7 games..

Those bloody Brighton fans, got a lot to answer for IMHO.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yea i remember the tens of thousands of BHA fans hounding Potter out right into Bonleys arms, along with Bruno (who?) and 3/4 of our backroom staff along with our recruiment teams (yes teamS) right after the transfer window closed, thrashing ManU and one of our best starts every in the EPL after 7 games..

Those bloody Brighton fans, got a lot to answer for IMHO.
I was thinking about him at Chelsea not the Albion :rolleyes:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Nothing like Alan Curbishley then.

Actually, given that neither were hounded out, you are so wrong that you're actually right. Fancy that!
Curbishley was hounded out of Charlton, he may have resigned but he WAS hounded out by the fans and Potter out of Chelsea.

RDZ got a standing ovation after the United game but the majority of fans wanted him gone by seasons end…imo. I may be wrong again of course

Another quick Google suggests “ hounded out” may have been a myth about Curbishley but that’s how I remember it at the time :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Curbishley was hounded out of Charlton, he may have resigned but he WAS hounded out by the fans and Potter out of Chelsea.

RDZ got a standing ovation after the United game but the majority of fans wanted him gone by seasons end…imo. I may be wrong again of course

Another quick Google suggests “ hounded out” may have been a myth about Curbishley but that’s how I remember it at the time :shrug:
I suspect we may well both be wrong about so much, but right about so much more x :wink:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I was thinking about him at Chelsea not the Albion :rolleyes:
Ah yes, that resoundingly successful spell at Chelsea where his win percentage was lower than RDZ’s here, Raheem Sterling was playing wingback, we tonked them 4-1 and they ended up appointing Fat Frank and finishing 12th.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
7th then, the point I was making is that Charlton fans then expected an improvement which didn’t happen so they hounded him out. I can see you going down the same road with Albion managers given your relentless whinging in these halcyon days for the club :smile:

I do recall you not wanting to attend Albion games with Hughton in charge during our second PL season :shrug:

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I do recall you not wanting to attend Albion games with Hughton in charge during our second PL season :shrug:
You remember correctly, in fact I did stop attending his last few games in charge, I don’t go to football to leave angry after 90 mins, the style we were then playing became too much for me to be arsed to make the effort. I can take defeats, it was the manner of them.

I think CH’s failure at his subsequent jobs is proof that football had moved on but he was a brilliant manager for us at the time and I’m sad that we never got to say goodbye to him because we had had some fabulous times and it was him who got us to the promised land and kept us there, just in the case of season two in the PL.

I never felt the same under Potter as I accepted what he was trying to achieve even though it was often very frustrating to watch. We were not stinking the division out though..imo.

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
You just never know with him.
Funny how when I called RDZ a psychopath, the cavalry rode in to tell me "RDZ might call his legal team" and bla bla. This though, this gets to continue...

Let me tell you what I would do if some random knob at some forum kept insinuating that I was a paedo: I would make that forum go away. I would make sure it would be really really expensive and annoying for those writing the shit, and the publishers of the forum in question.

I'm not saying Potter would do that, and I'm not telling you to stop because if you want to make a fool out of yourself, I'm not stopping you.

I'm just telling you what I would do in that situation and that perhaps you should be open to the possibility that in the eyes of some people (like any subjects of your speculations) might feel the same way. Just a heads up.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Funny how when I called RDZ a psychopath, the cavalry rode in to tell me "RDZ might call his legal team" and bla bla. This though, this gets to continue...

Let me tell you what I would do if some random knob at some forum kept insinuating that I was a paedo: I would make that forum go away. I would make sure it would be really really expensive and annoying for those writing the shit, and the publishers of the forum in question.

I'm not saying Potter would do that, and I'm not telling you to stop because if you want to make a fool out of yourself, I'm not stopping you.

I'm just telling you what I would do in that situation and that perhaps you should be open to the possibility that in the eyes of some people (like any subjects of your speculations) might feel the same way. Just a heads up.
And the bit about calling RDZ a psychopath? Do you fully retract that and apologise, or are you expecting a service letter yourself?

FWIW I think the above comments are way out of line, even as “funny” insinuations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here