Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
As someone who is usually very thorough with their research I’m extremely surprised you aren’t aware he was very strongly linked with Leicester and Ajax. A quick Google will back this up. You’re welcome.

Ah Leicester and Ajax can come off that long list then - right you are 👍

As for ‘research’ into what Potter has been up to - I CBA frankly - I’m not that interested in the guy. When he left, the way he left, the things he said, he was history afaic so I don’t really give a fcuk what he’s up to as long as he doesn’t come back to Brighton…I have moved on, so has our football - I’m happy with Fabian Hürzeler, research of whom tagged him as a far better replacement than GP.

But thanks for doing my “research” into Potter for me and addressing the questions - I had better things to do which is why I raised questions to other NSCers rather than posted any statements of facts myself.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Ah Leicester and Ajax can come off that long list then - right you are 👍

As for ‘research’ into what Potter has been up to - I CBA frankly - I’m not that interested in the guy. When he left, the way he left, the things he said, he was history afaic so I don’t really give a fcuk what he’s up to as long as he doesn’t come back to Brighton…I have moved on, so has our football - I’m happy with Fabian Hürzeler, research of whom tagged him as a far better replacement than GP.

But thanks for doing my “research” into Potter for me and addressing the questions - I had better things to do which is why I raised questions to other NSCers rather than posted any statements of facts myself.
Are you ever wrong?

Your post was clearly insinuating he hasn’t been in the running for any jobs.

You clearly spent some time doing some “research” as you listed all those teams and said there was little evidence.

How can you say there’s little evidence unless you looked for some?

You’re not bothered by Potter yet post multiple times about him in this thread!!

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Are you ever wrong?

Your post was clearly insinuating he hasn’t been in the running for any jobs.

You clearly spent some time doing some “research” as you listed all those teams and said there was little evidence.

How can you say there’s little evidence unless you looked for some?

You’re not bothered by Potter yet post multiple times about him in this thread!!
*deleted* CBA

Last edited:

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Upon what evidence is this narrative based that it is Potter that has been “picky”? I mean, I know that’s the image he’s been trying to project but have any clubs actually confirmed (or has he) that he has been offered work or been told he was a Club’s first choice but then he turned them down?
Clubs generally don't officially confirm they offered jobs to this or that manager. They usually save that stuff for when they have someone to announce.

Zeberdi

NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Clubs generally don't officially confirm they offered jobs to this or that manager. They usually save that stuff for when they have someone to announce.
Exactly my point.

I was asking for facts - ie what the Clubs have said or what Potter has said - not what people think has been said.

I’m pretty sure that is not insinuating anything than asking what evidence there is to say Potter is being “picky” - without knowing what he’s been offered and who he has turned down, I think that’s a pretty difficult question to answer. Turning 2 Clubs down isn’t “picky” in my book, turning 8 good clubs down probably would be.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Exactly my point.

I was asking for facts - ie what the Clubs have said or what Potter has said - not what people think has been said.

I’m pretty sure that is not insinuating anything than asking what evidence there is to say Potter is being “picky” - without knowing what he’s been offered and who he has turned down, I think that’s a pretty difficult question to answer. Turning 2 Clubs down isn’t “picky” in my book, turning 8 good clubs down probably would be.
Ok so the fact is we don't know. :shrug: Aside for the Swedish FA that I know got a no on the phone with his agent but thats not of particular interest really.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Don’t you ever get tired trying to bait me into arguments? 🙄

btw My post was insinuating nothing of the sort. As for ‘little evidence’ - I meant as far as the numerous posts on this thread are concerned with a lot of people saying he was being picky but not backing it up with any evidence - hence my questioning it.

As for research into what Clubs have been searching for managers in the past 12 months, you may not know how to find that info but it’s all on one page on Transfermarket.

The only time I’ll be bothered again by Potter is if he is shortlisted/heavily linked to returning to Brighton.
It was widely reported at the time that he was the on the verge of the Leicester job by multiple usually reliable sources. That’s about as “facts” as you’re going to get in this scenario and is definitely more than “little evidence”.

Not looking for arguments but your post wasn’t exactly balanced.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Don’t you ever get tired trying to bait me into arguments? 🙄

btw My post was insinuating nothing of the sort. As for ‘little evidence’ - I meant as far as the numerous posts on this thread are concerned with a lot of people saying he was being picky but not backing it up with any evidence - hence my questioning it.

As for research into what Clubs have been searching for managers in the past 12 months, you may not know how to find that info but it’s all on one page on Transfermarket.

The only time I’ll be bothered again by Potter is if he is shortlisted/heavily linked to returning to Brighton.
Either transfermarket or you have made a mistake then as Leicester wasn’t even on the long list you posted.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Oh do bore off.

I said in my post these are “some” of the Clubs that have been looking so how is that a “mistake” ffs .

Honestly, I find engaging with you always continuously confrontational so I’m done.

Good night 👍
So let me get this straight:

you first sourced an “easy to find” list of clubs looking for managers since Potter has been available.

You then selectively chose some of those clubs to copy paste on here and omitted the club he was (from multiple sources) very close to joining?

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I’m going to say this once then I am putting you on ignore.

I don’t know why I took you off tbh because I added you to my ignore list last year.

Stop knitpicking and pulling apart my posts and trying to start an argument every time I post on the boards. You have repeatedly imputed intention and reasons into my posts on this and other threads that simply were not there when I wrote my posts. You constantly force me to defend what I have written and bait me into drawn out arguments.

I’m done with you.

Say what you like because what you are doing is trolling and it’s getting really tedious.
Absolute rubbish.

You just don’t like your opinions or errors in your essays challenged.

I’ve seen loads of other posters challenge you and you rarely take their points either. Just get defensive and the toys go flying.

Take the hint. You can’t always be right.

Last edited:

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Now you are turning it into a personal attack on me? wtf?

I rise to the bait like a fricking idiot every time don’t I 🙄.

Guess my autism doesn’t make me see well enough in advance when people are not responding to me in good faith.

All posts bar 1, in the last 10 days - 4 in response to Hans Solo who I don’t agree with over Potter most of the time and the rest (bar 1 or 2) are in all in response to you making ad hominen remarks and attacking everything I have said on this thread.

You accuse me of being a “hypocrite “ and “putting the boot into Potter” comparing it to the abuse that’s been meted out against Webster on social media.

You accuse me of not being balanced when I wasn’t even trying to be, I was just asking questions.

You keep telling I have made errors when I have not - Choosing what to include on an my own incomplete list of European and EPL Clubs that have been looking for coaches is not an “error” since all were correct -

You accuse me of having an ulterior motive for not listing Leicester amongst some of the other clubs I mentioned which I certainly had not.

I agreed to take Ajax and Leicester off the list but at that point I hadn’t clocked that I had not included Leicester amongst some of the clubs I had named - so you wrongly accused me again spending time “researching” something when I hadn’t.

You then accused me of making an ‘error’ because I had ‘cut and pasted’ from transfermarket incorrectly.

- I didn’t cut and paste - There no list of Clubs who have been searching for coaches on transfer market that can be cut and pasted from a page, there are just the Coaches that have moved so er, no, I wrote some of the Clubs from memory then scanned the coaches list on Transfer market to add a few more Clubs to the list I already had in my head.

You accuse me of not accepting anyone else’s opinion -but I expressed no opinions about Graham being picky and turning down jobs, I simply asked where the evidence was to support the narrative that he was. You can’t accuse me of not accepting an alternative opinion when I didn’t even state one in the first place.

Hans Solo is right - Clubs don’t release that information unless they have an announcement, that is why it is difficult to know and why I asked in the first place.

You keep going on about Leicester but that is ONE club he supposedly turned down and maybe Ajax. Out of all the Clubs that have had vacancies, turning down one or two of them doesn’t support the narrative that he is being picky as I said - it just means one or two out of about 20 we probably know didn’t meet his needs or he didn’t meet theirs.

TL;DR I have no problem with people expressing different opinions about issues under discussion, in fact I am pretty open minded and respect that people have a right to see the world in their own way and my way is just one pov - but I do have a problem with people making presumptions about what I have done in order to get information, insinuating ulterior motives for posting what I have and presuming to know what I think.

Can you go back to "deleted, cba"? It really is often the best response on NSC mate.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
This thread is like the Addams Family reflecting on whether a 50-year-old geography teacher is a reasonable, normal human or not.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Can see Wolves or Southampton offering him a job in the next month or two.
Whether he’d take either is another thing.
Don’t think he will, as both will almost certainly get relegated whoever takes charge, and then his CV is yet again blighted.

Personally think with his finances how they are, a career in the media looks ideal.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Don’t think he will, as both will almost certainly get relegated whoever takes charge, and then his CV is yet again blighted.

Personally think with his finances how they are, a career in the media looks ideal.
I seriously doubt it. Not because I think he's "too good to be on TV" or anything, but I think he hates it.

He stayed away from ANY media presence for more than a year. He's also not mr lets-call-Fabrizio-Romano so most potential club approaches wouldn't have caused much of a word in the media.

Most clubs today, while not exactly always the most cleverly run businesses, are sensible enough to not recruit managers based on TV or headlines. But I still think Potters agent might have said "it won't harm you if you give some sort of indication that you're alive" and that's what he's doing on the TV screen right now.

His natural habitat is to be on a pitch and his professional career is based on making sure young elite athletes feel confident and comfortable on the pitch so they can get the most out of their ability... and that's what he'll return to doing imo. From what I've heard from Swedish journos, media is a bit of torture to him.

Contrary to what people believe, he's not driving around in a Rolls Royce, doing cocaine and banging all the bitches. He's not going to release a rap song.
He's not going to be in "Let's Dance" or "Lets Change Mums For a Week". He's going to be a rather dull, nice and intelligent man coaching a decent football club somewhere. Boring but true.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I seriously doubt it. Not because I think he's "too good to be on TV" or anything, but I think he hates it.

He stayed away from ANY media presence for more than a year. He's also not mr lets-call-Fabrizio-Romano so most potential club approaches wouldn't have caused much of a word in the media.

Most clubs today, while not exactly always the most cleverly run businesses, are sensible enough to not recruit managers based on TV or headlines. But I still think Potters agent might have said "it won't harm you if you give some sort of indication that you're alive" and that's what he's doing on the TV screen right now.

His natural habitat is to be on a pitch and his professional career is based on making sure young elite athletes feel confident and comfortable on the pitch so they can get the most out of their ability... and that's what he'll return to doing imo. From what I've heard from Swedish journos, media is a bit of torture to him.

Contrary to what people believe, he's not driving around in a Rolls Royce, doing cocaine and banging all the bitches. He's not going to release a rap song.
He's not going to be in "Let's Dance" or "Lets Change Mums For a Week". He's going to be a rather dull, nice and intelligent man coaching a decent football club somewhere. Boring but true.
How you claim that to be a Potter expert and keep a straight face…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here