Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
And the bit about calling RDZ a psychopath? Do you fully retract that and apologise, or are you expecting a service letter yourself?

FWIW I think the above comments are way out of line, even as “funny” insinuations.
While that could arguably be some sort of libel as well, there's still a wide difference (in my world of course, people are different) between being referred to as the rather watered out concept of a "psychopath", and the very straight forward and linear concept of being a "paedo".

Like, if at work there was one rumour about you being a psychopath and one about you being a paedo, what would make you most angry? Which one of them would be more likely to cause you to push the big fat "lawyer" button?

But as I said, each to their own and its certainly not my problem if people run around at NSC insinuating various people are paedos. Maybe you could do it about some yankee president or what not, but it gets complicated when its about a person living in the vicinity of where most of the forum are based.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
While that could arguably be some sort of libel as well, there's still a wide difference (in my world of course, people are different) between being referred to as the rather watered out concept of a "psychopath", and the very straight forward and linear concept of being a "paedo".

Like, if at work there was one rumour about you being a psychopath and one about you being a paedo, what would make you most angry? Which one of them would be more likely to cause you to push the big fat "lawyer" button?

But as I said, each to their own and its certainly not my problem if people run around at NSC insinuating various people are paedos. Maybe you could do it about some yankee president or what not, but it gets complicated when its about a person living in the vicinity of where most of the forum are based.
Your English is superb.

Your ability to misunderstand posts, misquote them and get the law wrong is therefore slightly baffling.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Your English is superb.

Your ability to misunderstand posts, misquote them and get the law wrong is therefore slightly baffling.
Alright, it was merely a suggestion that its probably not great. But if you think its all fine and well, its all good. I trust you guys, with your experience,to know what is legal and what isn't.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Alright, it was merely a suggestion that its probably not great. But if you think its all fine and well, its all good. I trust you guys, with your experience,to know what is legal and what isn't.
If you think something is libellous you should be reporting it to the mods, not bitching on about how you were treated differently.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
If you think something is libellous you should be reporting it to the mods, not bitching on about how you were treated differently.
The mods have been writing quite a lot in this thread so I assume they've both seen and accepted the posts from mr @NorthstandRacoon, hence I saw no need to report it.

This is not about me though, this is about someone saying someone "was like a weird paedo teacher" and whether than can cause legal problems or not in the bigger scheme of things.

However, you're a very intelligent man (the best and most intelligent, as you know) and I firmly believe you would never let your emotions cloud your judgement. So like I said; its all good, lets move on.

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
it’s always about you.

Why do you continually and relentlessly antagonise people that you disagree with on here?

You're a moderator - this is the most popular Albion website and in many ways represents the club that we all love. You should restrain yourself and behave in a somewhat professional manner... or just give up the role completely.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Why do you continually and relentlessly antagonise people that you disagree with on here?

You're a moderator - this is the most popular Albion website and in many ways represents the club that we all love. You should restrain yourself and behave in a somewhat professional manner... or just give up the role completely.
That’s not an answer to my question. Any comment there?

Note your respect for a site you flounced from and got your data deleted. Nice one 👍

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
That’s not an answer to my question. Any comment there?

Note your respect for a site you flounced from and got your data deleted. Nice one 👍

You really can't help yourself can you. Just chill out FFS. It's not difficult to build positive relationships with strangers - just stop being an antagonistic dick all of the time. In a role of authority, just pretend to be a nice person, at the very least. A key part of that is not deliberately and purposely making specific comments to wind people up and try to get a reaction.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
The mods have been writing quite a lot in this thread so I assume they've both seen and accepted the posts from mr @NorthstandRacoon, hence I saw no need to report it.

This is not about me though, this is about someone saying someone "was like a weird paedo teacher" and whether than can cause legal problems or not in the bigger scheme of things.
on.
You know there’s a difference between statements of opinion and false statements of verifiable facts don’t you?

Hyperbole and similes are not considered libel. Saying Potter is like a weird paedo is a simile and statement of opinion.

Directly calling a public figure a ‘psychopath’ online on the other hand (especially with malice) could be considered libellous because it could harm someone’s reputation.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Funny how when I called RDZ a psychopath, the cavalry rode in to tell me "RDZ might call his legal team" and bla bla. This though, this gets to continue...

Let me tell you what I would do if some random knob at some forum kept insinuating that I was a paedo: I would make that forum go away. I would make sure it would be really really expensive and annoying for those writing the shit, and the publishers of the forum in question.

I'm not saying Potter would do that, and I'm not telling you to stop because if you want to make a fool out of yourself, I'm not stopping you.

I'm just telling you what I would do in that situation and that perhaps you should be open to the possibility that in the eyes of some people (like any subjects of your speculations) might feel the same way. Just a heads up.
You don’t get English football and never will. He shat on us with that gross club, so will always get shit. Stop commenting on things you have zero idea about 👍

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

However, you're a very intelligent man (the best and most intelligent, as you know) and I firmly believe you would never let your emotions cloud your judgement. So like I said; its all good, lets move on.
Hand solo I think you need to get laid son.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought the mods on nsc have always been allowed to be outspoken with their personal opinions, very direct if needs be. @GB certainly isn’t the only one who does that. I might not always agree on a subject, but nsc is better for it. They’re not passive referees who have to keep their counsel. Without this people would’ve got away unchallenged with their attempt to dominate debate on all sorts of stuff.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Hand solo I think you need to get laid son.
Shall we do a whip round and choose the one that gets the pleasure of a night with Swansman (vlog included in deal) - reminds me of a trip to Amsterdam a few years back and some straw drawing 1 short one (single) had to do the deed - others paid and chose 😬

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I thought the mods on nsc have always been allowed to be outspoken with their personal opinions, very direct if needs be. @GB certainly isn’t the only one who does that. I might not always agree on a subject, but nsc is better for it. They’re not passive referees who have to keep their counsel. Without this people would’ve got away unchallenged with their attempt to dominate debate on all sorts of stuff.
Yes.

Bozza and Giraffe have been very prolific on the Labour thread and that’s fine. And you should see @Goldstone1976 ’s views on wine glasses.

Shaktarman

Sep 19, 2022
Yes I like him - he even warned me once and i was like ‘yeh understood’ from my end. I respect those that give up their time to check up on grown men and women arguing on the internet haha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here