Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Their player’s confidence is shot to bits.

I can’t see how,but if they can get a draw against Spurs and then a win against Wolves it would give them huge confidence and they would push on.

After Forest scored last night, Palace looked beaten, there was no fight, no desire, no belief. They knew they were going to lose, but didn’t seem that bothered.
I’m really not convinced, if Glasner stays they can do their usual escape act in March/April.

They have now spent longer in the bottom 3 in October, than we have in 7.25 seasons.

Great, innit.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well what can one say….

I really hoped we would be comfortable this season.

The formation is a mess, players not really looking like they know what to do, Glasner can moan all he likes, he bought in Kamada his player who is the highest paid player in the squad ( on a free TBF) and insists on playing him every game, he can’t pass / shoot / run and his first touch is crap.

He bought in Riad / Chalobah / Lacroix all look ok individually but can’t all play together, Munzo looks shot to bits trying to play as a wing back as does Mitchell.

The midfield is shambolic Eze does know if he should be driving forward or defending and ends up doing neither.

What ever striker we play looks isolated and lost.

After conceding a rather shit goal ( it happens ) the subs were baffling to say the least, chasing a game then taking of a striker off and replacing with a striker, swapping the full back over to the left while Starr was put…well I don’t know where ! and yes with 7 minutes left, F—k it throw on a 19 year old academy player for shits and giggles.

This 3 at the back is now 8 games in and it’s getting worse by the game, whacking round pegs into square holes won’t work it doesn’t matter how hard you try, it’s just stubborn and shows poor management skills.

The depressing thing is the squad maybe the best we have ever had in the premier league and it’s being wasted by a manger who refuses to try anther formation FFS!
I don't understand why he won't play Mateta and Nketiah as a front two, they look to have different attributes which would complement each other. That said your squad looks paper thin when first teamers are injured, it seems that the players you bought in with the Olise windfall haven't got up to speed yet. Having Wharton and Doucoure back will be a big boost though.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
3 points from 8 games and only Chelsea & Liverpool tough fixtures ticked off.
Can't see them getting much from - Arsenal (H) & (A), Villa (H) & (A), BHA (H) & (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (H) & (A), Newcastle (H) & (A) , Spurs (H) & (A).
Mr Glasner will do well to get the required 30+ points to avoid the drop this season (but probably will !)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
This is the *third time* Palace have managed 3 points from their opening 8 fixtures. They managed identical an identically points tally in 2014 and 2018 and survived. Third time lucky?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
3 points from 8 games and only Chelsea & Liverpool tough fixtures ticked off.
Can't see them getting much from - Arsenal (H) & (A), Villa (H) & (A), BHA (H) & (A), Chelsea (H), Liverpool (A), Man City (H) & (A), Newcastle (H) & (A) , Spurs (H) & (A).
Mr Glasner will do well to get the required 30+ points to avoid the drop this season (but probably will !)
They'll need to target 10 wins to be safe imo*

10 wins from 30 games.. big ask.

*There are exceptions, of course. Everton survived the drop in 2022/23 with just 8 wins all season. I think Forrest got 9 last year? But it's a decent rule of thumb.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
They'll need to target 10 wins to be safe imo*

10 wins from 30 games.. big ask.

*There are exceptions, of course. Everton survived the drop in 2022/23 with just 8 wins all season. I think Forrest got 9 last year? But it's a decent rule of thumb.
I'm not convinced it is.

We ourselves, did not manage as many as 10 wins, in ANY of our first FOUR seasons in the PL, and were only once in serious relegation trouble.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
In the last 4 seasons 35pts , 29pts , 27 pts & 35pts would have seen a side stay out of the bottom 3. But point deductions had come into play so Palace may have to rely on Man City getting a 70 point deduction this year :giggle:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the Always Ultras stage a dirty protest at Spurs ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't understand why he won't play Mateta and Nketiah as a front two, they look to have different attributes which would complement each other. That said your squad looks paper thin when first teamers are injured, it seems that the players you bought in with the Olise windfall haven't got up to speed yet. Having Wharton and Doucoure back will be a big boost though.

Palace can’t afford to have 25 players on the books with premier football experience, might be the time to drop and start again. ( I don’t actually know if palace can or can’t afford the players, I guessed )

presume he thinks the way he wants the team to play doesn’t suit 2 up front.

It’s time to go back to a 442, get some points and then tinker, if he can’t do that maybe it’s time to go ?

( I very very rarely call for a managers head BTW )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here