Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker News.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Ok, let's all put yesterday's result behind us and look forward.

I don't think there are many people who are not in agreement with Gus about our need for more firepower up front.

All of the previous rumours appear to have faded, and those posting them are making their excuses.

Does anyone have any current knowledge about possible new signings? Just to raise our spirits like.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Berbatov on a season loan?? ( I daren't start a thread with this mind :lol:)

D

Deleted member 18477

Think we're signing rhodes or Owen or heskey or Carew or Santa cruz or Murray.

D

Deleted member 18477

I can't wait for the transfer window to be closed!

This. It gets ridiculous now we have a little bit of money. To the point where it's not exciting at all it's just boring reading all the shit rumours.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
This. It gets ridiculous now we have a little bit of money. To the point where it's not exciting at all it's just boring reading all the shit rumours.

Exactly, it just gets infuriating. And how much do you want to bet, if we get a striker, people will moan anyway because he isn't a gem, a bit like the return of Crofts.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Given the names that have been raised over the summer, some of which are clearly out of our reach, we should really have a more realistic approach to signings. Gus has mentioned the budget many times and that we sit somewhere around mid table in Championship terms.

Therefore when looking to put a name on NSC before doing so, write down a list of 12 strikers that you would like at the Albion, then cross them all out expect the 12th name, and that is the one we may get.

While the attraction of Gus and the brand of football is obvioulsy an attraction, money counts and we clearly don't wont to end up like Pompy and others.

WildWood

Sep 6, 2011
Chichester
I thought that after Michael Owen was on Goals on Sunday this morning saying he still wants to play in the Premiership, wants to stay close to home & said he won't drop to the Championship, the rumours might stop...... or maybe not!

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Exactly, it just gets infuriating. And how much do you want to bet, if we get a striker, people will moan anyway because he isn't a gem, a bit like the return of Crofts.

Quite, especially when it is the return of Murray. Of which I am convinced (with no sound reason than a gut feel) will happen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here