Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker News.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5117760 said:
Not a striker, but once Gus has shipped out Sparrow/Vincelot/Harley I can see us taking Josh McEcheran on loan from Chelsea...

Might have been speaking to the same person as me? Or is that just a guess?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why does Gus think we need more fire power up front? He brought the entirety of our strike force to the club, if he's now saying they are not good enough why were they purchased in the first place? And why does he he expect Bloom to give him another chunk of cash to buy another striker who given his track record won't be good enough either.

I expect that is what Bloom is saying and I seriously doubt whether we will get a striker in this window, as a loanee perhaps.

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Why does Gus think we need more fire power up front? He brought the entirety of our strike force to the club, if he's now saying they are not good enough why were they purchased in the first place? And why does he he expect Bloom to give him another chunk of cash to buy another striker who given his track record won't be good enough either.

I expect that is what Bloom is saying and I seriously doubt whether we will get a striker in this window, as a loanee perhaps.

Nothing like a bit of positive thinking.

I know how much you don't rate Gus. But seriously he done an amazing job since he has been here. His track record is very short. Being his first employment in this role.

Could we have got better than CMS for 2.5m? maybe. But CMS is not quite the write off a lot of people think. If he gets on a role I think he could still come good.

As a manager yes Gus makes mistakes. But it's unfair to jump up and down on him for every one. If Gus was the finished article he would be managing in the prem.

Lots of goals to be had round the team as well. I think the striker will come Loan or perm. when tony is happy with the financial side (maybe selling or offloading to buy).

harmsey

May 20, 2011
not a striker but talksport have just said we are in for kewell, i know they are dreadful for the rubbish they spout but i hope its not true

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It seems a few Championship clubs are after Stoke's Ricardo Fuller, who's fallen out of favour. Hardly a prolific striker and would demand high wages but he is a bit of a brute up front for defenders. Possibly only on loan though as he's 32.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Exactly, it just gets infuriating. And how much do you want to bet, if we get a striker, people will moan anyway because he isn't a gem, a bit like the return of Crofts.

Sorry i don`t understand what you mean when you say(people will moan anyway because he isn`t a gem,a bit like the return of Crofts)From what i`ve seen Crofty is exactly what we need are you saying otherwise.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
They mentioned on 'talksport' that we are fighting hull, and another champ team for Harry Kewel!<br />
He's past it isn't he??

He's also been utter shit for the last five years. Would offer less than Harley.

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2
I too would be thrilled to have Glenn Murray back.....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
£ 9 K a week is not a bad wage, but it will not tempt Rhodes. The problem arose because of the departure of Glenn Murray.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here